Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

'21 GT4 - Repeated Engine Control Fault, Car shuddering

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 02:13 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by jd-woodlands
Hopefully last update! Engine arrived and is in the car, should be getting it back today or tomorrow. PCNA is hooking me up with some compensation that I feel is fair, they are certainly faithful to the brand and its customers.

Time to enjoy the car again and see how the new Soul OAP's sound with a new Cargraphic Valve controller installed!
Good news and sounds like they did what they needed to in order to make you happy for all the inconvenience. Fingers crossed for no more trips to the dealer!
Old 09-03-2022, 05:44 PM
LakeShow
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

The exact same thing just happened to me. My car has been at the dealer for 2 months due to misfires on 4 and 6. They tried everything and finally gave up and said I need a new engine. My car only has 900 miles on it. So frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or ask Porsche to buy it back from me. @jd-woodlands how have things been since the swap? Thanks.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:15 PM
jd-woodlands
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LakeShow
The exact same thing just happened to me. My car has been at the dealer for 2 months due to misfires on 4 and 6. They tried everything and finally gave up and said I need a new engine. My car only has 900 miles on it. So frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or ask Porsche to buy it back from me. @jd-woodlands how have things been since the swap? Thanks.
It has been rock solid since the engine swap, not one issue since. Clocked about 5k miles on the new engine.

Make sure you make Porsche NA aware, you should be able to get some compensation for your troubles. I was happy with the result at the end of the day and took a little sting out of paying MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (09-04-2022)

Quick Reply: '21 GT4 - Repeated Engine Control Fault, Car shuddering