Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

>> 2PUTT GT4 Picture Thread <<

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 01:32 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 189 Posts
Thumbs up Bolster + Inserts

Well, it is very rare that I have a Saturday free from travel soccer or any commitments. With both the @EXCLUSIVE OPTION bolster protection and @P1Designs inserts delivered. I figured, why not install them together. It made complete sense to do both installs to keep it efficient. Both vendors provided very detailed instructions which was very helpful.

Before:

During:
1. Treated the leather surface on both seats with NEXTZETT LEATHER CARE LEDERPFLEGE from @detailersdomain .
2. Once that was dry, I started with the driver seat. Moved the seat to the highest setting and popped the switch surround off.

3. Next, removal of upper and lower inserts. Both pieces are attached with Velcro. I started with the upper (should take no more that 5-10 seconds). The lower insert is the same way but the front section is held on by a lip in the bottom. You should be able to gently separate the insert by pull the welting off to release the front section.

4. The seat is now ready for the new pieces. The bolster protector slips right on. You need to massage the leather into place. Make sure you line up the stitching with the upper padding. The hardest part for me was to line up the hole for the switch so that you can clip the bezel/surround back in. Watching the videos and reading the instructions were very helpful.
5. With the side bolster protection installed, the inserts were next. Installation of the inserts is simply reversing the removal. You have to start with the lower insert by attaching the welting and then pressing on the cushion making sure it is lined up and that it reaches the back side of the bottom section. The upper insert slips in nicely. Just make sure you start from the bottom. Firmly line it up with the lower insert and press upward. It should slip right in.

6. Repeat everything for the other side. Keep in mind that the bottom insert for the passenger side is attached to some clips unlike the driver side. Get a feel for it and try to pry them off with your choice of tools. Due to my excitement to finish the other side quickly, I totally forgot about the clips and broke them. No harm done from my quick review of the situation (only small broken clips).

After:
Here are some of the after pictures. Apologies in advance since the lighting was not the best when I finished. I had to take a few hours break for a Mother's Day lunch.

Overall:
I am very happy with both products! The bolster protector was a brilliant design. The inserts transformed the interior. It gives it a nice break from it being mostly black. I ordered these with the memory foam padding. It makes the seats much more comfortable. It also makes egress/ingress so much easier. I totally recommend both products. Both vendors were easy to deal with. Communication was great.

Full Disclosure:
I paid for both products. My small business (yakalexchange.com) has partnered up with both to be resellers. I am not a vendor for RL. Feel free to reach out to the paying sponsors for any inquiries.

Last edited by 2PUTT; 05-12-2021 at 01:35 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 2PUTT:
998R (06-28-2021), josephr25 (05-12-2021), nothingman (06-29-2021), StilettoPat (06-02-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 01:32 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

@2PUTT where are the after shots you promised? Better bring it to C&C this weekend.

EDIT: Saw your pics

Last edited by JCZ5; 05-12-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:31 PM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
@2PUTT where are the after shots you promised? Better bring it to C&C this weekend.

EDIT: Saw your pics

Which C&C are you talking about?
Old 05-12-2021, 02:57 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Last_935
Which C&C are you talking about?
Charlottesville VA C&C

https://rennlist.com/forums/east-us-...a-c-and-c.html
Old 05-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by 2PUTT

Thanks. I need to get up there and check it out. I usually attend the Richmond C&C.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:21 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Last_935
Thanks. I need to get up there and check it out. I usually attend the Richmond C&C.
its much smaller than RVA. i guess "intimate" is the right word. very friendly crowd.
The following users liked this post:
Last_935 (05-12-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:23 AM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Default Carlinkit v2.0

OMG!! I totally forgot about this small but very important thing I added back in April. If you have not done so yet, get one. It easily converts your Apple CarPlay to wireless!!
I got it from Amazon. It was discounted from $129 to $109.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:09 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Fabspeed OAP

Well, I finally found some time over the holiday weekend to install my @Fabspeed Motorsport OAPs.

Quick initial thoughts:
- Product was packaged very well. Even the names of the people who packed and did the final QC were clearly visible. (talk about accountability)
- Overall quality of the pipes were very good. Welds and openings were very clean. Even the hole where the pipe splits had clean cuts.
- Fitment was spot on. Installation was straight forward and easy. It was great that the product came with the required hardware.
- Value is competitive for this current market. We all wish these things are cheaper but people usually tend to forget about all the R&D, equipment, and overhead that leads to the final products.
- Full Disclosure: I am not sponsored (I could only wish). I have no affiliation with Fabspeed. I purchased these pipes from an authorized dealer.

Unboxing

Install
- Since the car has pretty low miles (still breaking it in), I decided to reuse the exhaust gaskets on both ends. I already have new ones stocked up in my garage (just in case).
- The pipes are clearly marked to show which side is which. When in doubt, you can always line it up with the stock ones to determine.
- I used Stoner Tarminator to remove the paper labels applied by Fabspeed on each pipe. Interestingly enough, the paper labels had the opposite side assigned to it.
- The pipes did not come with instructions. I decided to not do the suggested backing out of the studs. There are 2 bolts and 2 nuts under the center diffuser (E12 and 12mm) that keep the muffler in place. Taking these off will free up the muffler to move backwards when removing/installing the pipes.
- Finally, I used brake cleaner to wipe off any grease and fingerprints on the pipes.

Passenger Side

Driver Side

Conclusion
- I highly recommend these. The sound is great!! It adds the volume needed to the muted stock sound due to the GPF. The sound wakes up when starting and when you hit 3800+ rpm. It makes a direct connection between your right foot and your smile.
- I will try the suggested cheap way of keeping the valves open and see how it goes.

What's Next?
- Maybe the Fabspeed modular headers? Hmmmm....

Mandatory First Cold Start Video
- iPhone quality. The sound is much better in person. Also, I expect the sound to get fuller/deeper once some carbon coats the inside walls of the pipes.

**Disclaimer: This post was not written by a car care expert and the author and the site owner retain no responsibility for the car care safety of its readers/members. Refer to professional car care sources for official car care safety rules. Wrench at your own risk.

Last edited by 2PUTT; 06-24-2021 at 07:50 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 2PUTT:
Alpha Ice (07-26-2021), Fabspeed Motorsport (06-02-2021), modifieda4 (06-02-2021), Spike Spiegel (06-07-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 06:11 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Well, I finally found some time over the holiday weekend to install my @Fabspeed Motorsport OAPs.

Quick initial thoughts:
- Product was packaged very well. Even the names of the people who packed and did the final QC were clearly visible. (talk about accountability)
- Overall quality of the pipes were very good. Welds and openings were very clean. Even the hole where the pipe splits had clean cuts.
- Fitment was spot on. Installation was straight forward and easy. It was great that the product came with the required hardware.
- Value is competitive for this current market. We all wish these things are cheaper but people usually tend to forget about all the R&D, equipment, and overhead that leads to the final products.
- Full Disclosure: I am not sponsored (I could only wish). I have no affiliation with Fabspeed. I purchased these pipes from an authorized dealer.

What's Next?
- Maybe the Fabspeed modular headers? Hmmmm....

Thanks 2Putt!

We really appreciate you taking the time to update the community with your experience. I am glad you are enjoying the OAP's!

Shoot me a PM, I'd love to send you some free merch

NJ991 (07-06-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 07:36 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Great thread, thanks for posting.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:09 AM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Thanks 2Putt!

We really appreciate you taking the time to update the community with your experience. I am glad you are enjoying the OAP's!

Shoot me a PM, I'd love to send you some free merch
Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Great thread, thanks for posting.
Thank you to both of you. There should be more content to come shortly.

Old 06-07-2021, 02:49 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Michelin PS4S

Forgot to share this from a few weeks ago. Swapped to a more street friendly tire since the GT4 will be spending more time on the street. I might be putting the Dunlops for sale soon.
Right out of the gate, you can already feel how the Michelin PS4S have "softer" sidewalls for a slightly more compliant ride. I will eventually take this car to the track but I will most likely pick up a dedicated set of wheels and tires for that. For now, enjoying these new shows for the summer.

998R (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 03:39 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,491 Likes on 830 Posts
Question

Forgot to share this from a few weeks ago. Swapped to a more street friendly tire since the GT4 will be spending more time on the street. I might be putting the Dunlops for sale soon.
Right out of the gate, you can already feel how the Michelin PS4S have "softer" sidewalls for a slightly more compliant ride. I will eventually take this car to the track but I will most likely pick up a dedicated set of wheels and tires for that. For now, enjoying these new shows for the summer.

2PUTT,

I am doing the exact same-thing only getting rid of the Michelin Cup 2 tires on mine when it arrives.

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17446417

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1252427

If those Michelin tires in the picture are the PS4S tires ???
Would you mind taking some more pictures of the PS4S tires for me.
Like showing the tread pattern etc.
And the 245 as well as the 295 side by side.

Appreciate it,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-07-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:55 PM
998R
Instructor

Received 321 Likes on 112 Posts

Good to hear, I ordered my Spyder with PS4S from the factory and have been hoping it wasn’t a mistake!

Cheers,
Harry.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:10 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,491 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by 998R
Good to hear, I ordered my Spyder with PS4S from the factory and have been hoping it wasn’t a mistake!

Cheers,
Harry.
Harry,

From all the in-depth research I have done the PS4S tires are without any doubt the Much-much preferred tires for the street.
I did say for the street ............

I'm changing the Cup 2 tires and Pre-sold them and going with the PS4S on my GT4.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-08-2021 at 11:12 AM.
998R (06-08-2021)

Quick Reply: >> 2PUTT GT4 Picture Thread <<