Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

‘21 GT4 - OPF / GPF Delete, which product to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 03:08 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
gutting the OEM is fine if you are "happy" to make an irreversible modification to your OEM parts...
contents could cause cancer too...
Old 03-31-2021, 03:23 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
gutting the OEM is fine if you are "happy" to make an irreversible modification to your OEM parts...
This. Really not my cup of tea at all and I’d avoid a car that’s had it done.

But to answer your question, there’s no reason not to...

A gutted GPF is not a “resonator”, so unsure where’d you get that idea. I imagine they flow horrible as the exhaust hits a flat plate and fights two exit paths.

What are you trying to fix with your car and this mod? It will increase volume.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
This. Really not my cup of tea at all and I’d avoid a car that’s had it done.

But to answer your question, there’s no reason not to...

A gutted GPF is not a “resonator”, so unsure where’d you get that idea. I imagine they flow horrible as the exhaust hits a flat plate and fights two exit paths.

What are you trying to fix with your car and this mod? It will increase volume.
me neither!
Old 03-31-2021, 06:02 PM
Roller12
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

To TXshaggy: Cargraphic is a good german company that is often refered in this forum. They sell a product that mimic the oem oap at big$ and without heatshiels ( separate option $ ). They promote this design saying their product match the sound specific vehicle brand. Fot them this "resonator" is a plus.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:33 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roller12
To TXshaggy: Cargraphic is a good german company that is often refered in this forum. They sell a product that mimic the oem oap at big$ and without heatshiels ( separate option $ ). They promote this design saying their product match the sound specific vehicle brand. Fot them this "resonator" is a plus.

Yes, well aware of that brand. Don’t see any where where they call it a “resonator”.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Received 493 Likes on 265 Posts

Those Cargraphic OPF deletes with the cannisters still on them are puzzling to me. What is going on in there exactly? Anyone have these and have a photo of what's inside? They call it a 'mixing chamber' but unsure what it's mixing.

Interesting they are also citing power gains when I've read testing elsewhere claiming power gains are negligible / borderline unreadable (of which I still find hard to believe given there was a giant blockage in there prior, you'd think freeing it would afford you something).
Old 03-31-2021, 06:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
Those Cargraphic OPF deletes with the cannisters still on them are puzzling to me. What is going on in there exactly? Anyone have these and have a photo of what's inside? They call it a 'mixing chamber' but unsure what it's mixing.

Interesting they are also citing power gains when I've read testing elsewhere claiming power gains are negligible / borderline unreadable (of which I still find hard to believe given there was a giant blockage in there prior, you'd think freeing it would afford you something).
I suspect that the ones w/o the. flow optimized filter are simply a clone of the OEM "defiltered" - I hope the flow optimized ones are better - as I just ordered a pair w/heat shielding to replace the Soul ...
Old 03-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Roller12
Advanced

Hi Larry Cable. I am very interested with your feedback (torq/power, sound quality etc..) when you got them.
The following users liked this post:
theEnd (04-02-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 08:00 PM
Roller12
Advanced

Could someone answer : what happen for the sound volume in a gts/gt4 stock oem with pse at OFF at 5k rpm? How is it different with pse at ON ?
Old 04-02-2021, 09:14 AM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by jd-woodlands
Looking for any recommendations on which GPF delete to use w/stock mufflers for a new ‘21 GT4. Just looking to remove the restriction and enhance sound a bit, I’m not looking to go crazy modding.

fabspeed, soul, akra, others? Any pros and cons vs all of these?

any vendors there with a good shop in Houston Tx area that can put a deal + install together?

thanks
@jd-woodlands I just had the Akrapovic Link Pipe set put on, kept the OEM Muffler, and its purrs. I'm not one who likes LOUD and Obnoxious droning exhaust sounds. With the exhaust button depressed (lit), you'll have a bit more low frequency bark at idle and when just taking off from a stop. Through the mid range my butt dyno confirms throttle response feels free, less constrained, bit more audio from the engine but nothing obnoxious. As you pass about 3,800 RPMs on your way towards redline, there is a significant increase in volume, again mostly low-mid range frequencies. Going through an underpass, covered area, WOW; the bark is intense. Very pleasant.

If your familiar with the 991.1 PSE on their normally asperated (NA) engines, this mod to the GT4/Spyder is good, but its not 991.1 PSE, NA good.

All in all I'm happy I made the investment. As @dnimi123 mentioned, call Eric at Supreme if you want the Akrapovic.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:40 AM
HooosierDaddy
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 136 Posts

If you want OAP's you best get them ordered soon. EPA's coming down hard on the aftermarket companies and to top it off, supply chain and raw materials issues/shortages are happening and will eventually hit these manufactures. It's a double whammy of sorts. The C6 & C7 Corvette guys have been feeling this EPA pinch for a couple years now...
The following users liked this post:
phefner (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 10:01 AM
Roller12
Advanced

To TXshaggy: look at that video where Chris descrive the empty canister from Cargraphic as a resonator

Old 04-02-2021, 03:25 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roller12
To TXshaggy: look at that video where Chris descrive the empty canister from Cargraphic as a resonator

Lol...ok, no link and unsure who Chris is.

With that being said, I guess technically many things could be described as a resonator.

Great bit of marketing though; empty GPF = Resonated Exhaust.

No need to convince me though...I’m good with the Soul solution
Old 04-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

around 0:54
Old 04-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Still waiting to hear back from Soul as to when their over-the-axle OPF delete pipes will be available - maybe someone else will have better luck trying to find out.

Quick Reply: ‘21 GT4 - OPF / GPF Delete, which product to choose?