Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Are GT4s still going over MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 01:18 PM
Higgs Boson
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by phefner
They are trying to keep them above MSRP. Looking at price tracker data, you can see many have been sitting on lots and showrooms for several months, with the asking prices coming down.
Dealers price to market, if they are all priced over sticker then they always will be. Yes, if they sit too long they will lower the price some little by little until it sells but it depends on the build as well and it's debatable how long is "too long." Several months might just be getting there but it's not a honda civic that a dealer wants to turn in 10 days. There are also not really enough of them out there for a large group to force pricing down on ones that are priced up a little.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:28 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Indeed. I just paid 143 for a 133 sticker 2023 Spyder with 570 miles about a week ago.
That's not a terrible deal by any stretch if it's the one. Congrats. As long as I can own the car for about the same total cost as someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota, I consider that a win. I have no aspirations to make money or drive for free despite what the market has allowed the last several years.
The following users liked this post:
Higgs Boson (03-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Are GT4s still going over MSRP