Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Procedure for GT4 allocation/deposit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 07:24 PM
JohnC4S
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
I'm surprised they let you use a CC for a deposit. I have tried that with 3 different manufactures on 3 purchases to get my cash back rewards and none will accept it. They want a wire or a check. How did you manage to get them to allow you to use a CC?
That is surprising to hear. I have bought 3 Porsche last 12 years from 2 dealers and both accepted CC deposit. It was $1000 for the GT4 last Fall and $3000 for Macan Turbo PP in 2017.

John
Old 02-17-2021, 07:26 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,880 Likes on 2,191 Posts

I'm surprised they let you use a CC for a deposit. I have tried that with 3 different manufactures on 3 purchases to get my cash back rewards and none will accept it. They want a wire or a check. How did you manage to get them to allow you to use a CC?
I’ve found that it’s usually a “no”, but the local dealer actually preferred it. $5k down on my travel card.

Suspect most don’t like it because of charge backs and processing fees. I always ask...
Old 02-17-2021, 07:45 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,762 Likes on 692 Posts

$7500 worth of points on my travel card for the deposit to lock my order and the dealer was the one that suggested it as the easier form of payment.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:01 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,880 Likes on 2,191 Posts

Originally Posted by mllarson
I know a lot of people who are #3 'on a list' for an allocation, many of whom are on the same list as me...
Originally Posted by Larry Cable
"we're sorry, we're experiencing very low allocation volumes at the moment, but your allocation is very important to us, please stay on the list. and your allocation will be fulfilled in the order in which it suits us..."
Lol...the sign says “free beer tomorrow!”

Perfect humor for the South Texas tundra! My car will be “in storage for a week!”
Old 02-17-2021, 08:13 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

They took a CC from me no questions asked. And I am not their usual GT clientele. Refundable too.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:58 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

How much did you beat them over the head for your % off before you handed them your CC for just a little twist more? The way you're pushing the value of domestics, not counting your forum name as your alliance/alligence,
Old 02-17-2021, 09:13 PM
Phillip Nguyen
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
reach out the James Shin at Stevens Creek Porsche, he should be able to help you! jshin@stevenscreekporsche.com
Originally Posted by TXshaggy
OP, you’re showing up way late to the 718 GT4/Spyder production. While not Porsche numbered cars, they’re not walk in and order cars either.

Several RL’rs have been looking for an allocation for awhile.

If you want a build slot better work hard or find a broker. There is an allocation thread you should review.

Short of paying $30-50K over, you’re chance of getting a new GT4RS is less than zero.
Originally Posted by KelvinC
As others have stated here:

- It appears that the chance the GT4 RS available in manual is very slim
- If you aren't already aware that you're getting a GT4 RS (in line), the chances you will get one without substantial ADM is very slim
- Getting an allocation for a custom build GT4 right now for 2021 may be challenging as well

The good news for you is that I think most of the GT4s on dealer lots are manual transmission, and folks have been able to buy them at MSRP or with some discount. So if you are open to buying an already built car, that can provide 90%+ of the options/color choice you would select anyway, I think you have a good chance of finding a nice build out there for you.
Originally Posted by ltfl09
What color/spec are you looking for?
I understand a slot for a GT4 RS is slim but if it comes with a manual I most-likely-maybe-probably would be willing to be ADM for it or would throw out the option of buying an additional Porsche on the spot to get a guaranteed slot as my girlfriend wouldn't mind joining the Porsche family either. Im an ER nurse and after this pandemic realized life's too short not to have some fun!

Will definitely look into the used market, the only "musts" are a Chalk (or Nardo Grey) + Bucket seats + deviated stitching and seat belt in red, arum wheels would be nice but i can always do aftermarket.

Thank you for the referrals, if anyone else has ones i'd gladly take it. Will look through the allocation list suggested.

Thank you all for the answers/leads/insight.

If anyone has seen a used/new Nardo Grey available somewhere plz let me know = )!

Last edited by Phillip Nguyen; 02-17-2021 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

No persuasion needed, both Marin and Stevens Creek accepted CC for $5k deposits multiple times ... YMMV

I'm not in the business of saving dealerships CC fees unless there is something in it for me ...

The following users liked this post:
josephr25 (02-17-2021)
Old 02-17-2021, 09:23 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 776 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnC4S
LOL😂. Lesson learned from GT4 purchase, get on the list earlier than you want, don’t turn down allocation spot even it means car comes 3 months early, and fear not Buffalo winter as long there is a GT4 in the garage.

John
Absolutely, if you score an allocation, jump on it! As the wise old adage goes... a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.
The following users liked this post:
JohnC4S (02-17-2021)
Old 02-17-2021, 09:25 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Phillip Nguyen
I understand a slot for a GT4 RS is slim but if it comes with a manual I most-likely-maybe-probably would be willing to be ADM for it or would throw out the option of buying an additional Porsche on the spot to get a guaranteed slot as my girlfriend wouldn't mind joining the Porsche family either. Im an ER nurse and after this pandemic realized life's too short not to have some fun!

Will definitely look into the used market, the only "musts" are a Chalk (or Nardo Grey) + Bucket seats + deviated stitching and seat belt in red, arum wheels would be nice but i can always do aftermarket.

Thank you for the referrals, if anyone else has ones i'd gladly take it. Will look through the allocation list suggested.

Thank you all for the answers/leads/insight.

If anyone has seen a used/new Nardo Grey available somewhere plz let me know = )!
I can give you a referral as well in case it doesn't work with Larry's. Just remember nothing is guaranteed until its in the computer.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:26 PM
Phillip Nguyen
7th Gear

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Absolutely, if you score an allocation, jump on it! As the wise old adage goes... a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Good point, I was waiting this long because my investments have been doing really well and didn't want to pull out any funds to get a car (my asian brain said thats a no-no) but this era of covid flipped a switch in my head that said to have more fun!
Old 02-17-2021, 09:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by josephr25
I can give you a referral as well in case it doesn't work with Larry's. Just remember nothing is guaranteed until its in the computer.

probably a good plan to also hit up as many referrals as possible and wait for the first one to deliver an actual allocation! - "don't put your eggs all in one basket!"
Old 02-17-2021, 09:31 PM
Phillip Nguyen
7th Gear

Originally Posted by josephr25
I'll take the referral plz! Don't quite know how to pm you on here. I'm actually semi-local to your area as well, travel between East Bay and Orange County often where I grew up.

Last edited by Phillip Nguyen; 02-17-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:35 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

I'll take the referral plz! Don't quite know how to pm you on here. I'm actually semi-local to your area as well, travel between East Bay and Orange County often where I grew up.
Kasia (Cash-ya) at McKenna Porsche. Just say the guy with the Miami Blue GT4 sent you.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Also remember that you can get any dealership to deliver the car to either PEC Atlanta or Los Angeles ... So if Porsche of Anchorage happen to have an allocation you are in luck!

In theory a dealership can also do a "courtesy delivery" to your local dealership but this is much harder to arrange than PEC ... there is not a lot in it for the local guy...

Quick Reply: Procedure for GT4 allocation/deposit?