Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Porsche - Build Tracking "Behind the Scenes"

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 05:01 PM
badprognosis
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

More windows to whet you appetite. They show a GTS instead of my Spyder.

The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 07:27 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

I asked our friend who is an exec at Porsche NA about this tracking, he had no idea or knowledge about it, but he works in finance.

There is a show about how things are made on TV, I remember watching an episode about the making of a 911 that was interesting if you can find it.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:16 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by badprognosis
More windows to whet you appetite. They show a GTS instead of my Spyder.

Interesting. The one that I got might actually be a pic of my actual car. If you click on it, a better resolution pic comes up. Go back to MyPorsche again and check. I got the same screen with VIN on it later on.

Anyways, looks like mine is one week behind yours and the stop sale will affect mine also.

Old 03-21-2021, 01:25 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Cool pictures showing the construction stages, I wish there was a video of a Spyder from start to finish...
Old 03-21-2021, 01:52 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 751 Likes on 354 Posts

In the US market, there was a new product web portal called "Porsche Track Your Dream released in late May 2020. I asked my SA about it at the time I ordered my GT4 in June 2020 to see if I could track my car's build, and he said it was initially for 911 orders only at the time (which the press release confirms). It is now also available for US Porsche Taycans, but not any Boxter/Cayman models yet for the US.

Original press release:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/t...eam-20929.html

"...Porsche customers receive a unique link once their order is placed. This takes them to the online platform and lets them track their car through 14 milestone events. They include order creation, freeze point for vehicle changes, production updates, vessel departure from Germany, port entry into the U.S., dealership arrival and more. Background information about each milestone is available while a countdown shows the progress in miles and days.As a key component of the digital customer experience, Porsche Track Your Dream is integrated with the My Porsche web portal. Here, ownership aspects such as service scheduling, financing and Porsche Connect functions are handled once the car arrives at its new home.

Porsche Track Your Dream is initially being made available for customer-ordered 911 sports cars. Future plans include enrollment of the all-electric Taycan. The service is provided by Porsche Digital, Inc. and was developed in close cooperation with Porsche Cars North America, Inc. ..."
Old 03-21-2021, 03:55 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Has anyone received photos?
UncleDude,

Just now saw this thread.

I have not, yet received any images/photos and I don't know if maybe it's different for the USA versus Canada and other countries.

So far I received the following buddy as an example.

Terry

Old 03-21-2021, 04:30 PM
badprognosis
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
Interesting. The one that I got might actually be a pic of my actual car. If you click on it, a better resolution pic comes up. Go back to MyPorsche again and check. I got the same screen with VIN on it later on.

Anyways, looks like mine is one week behind yours and the stop sale will affect mine also.

I checked my portal again and it still shows the red GTS in the larger image and not my Spyder but it now does include my VIN though. Tried clicking on everything and nadda. Anyone know if I can find out the status ie. sitting in Germany or on transport ship without going through my SA?
Old 03-21-2021, 04:56 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
UncleDude,

Just now saw this thread.

I have not, yet received any images/photos and I don't know if maybe it's different for the USA versus Canada and other countries.

So far I received the following buddy as an example.

Terry
Terry have you made a My Porsche account? That's where this will show up if applicable. I think they're still rolling out the program, so check with Porsche USA to see if it applies to GT4's. I found my sales people to not really know much about the program, but Porsche Canada was very helpful, and ultimately the program was not yet available for the GTS Cayman. I think it is cool though, and a lot of fun to (possibly) get photos of your car being made. It would be a great job to have!, taking pics and making people happy lol.
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (03-22-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 04:59 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Head on over to the 992 TYD thread; pretty much useless. An active SA is much better..
Old 03-22-2021, 10:46 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Terry have you made a My Porsche account?
That's where this will show up if applicable. I think they're still rolling out the program, so check with Porsche USA to see if it applies to GT4's. I found my sales people to not really know much about the program, but Porsche Canada was very helpful, and ultimately the program was not yet available for the GTS Cayman. I think it is cool though, and a lot of fun to (possibly) get photos of your car being made. It would be a great job to have!, taking pics and making people happy lol.
UncleDude,

If that's something a person does I don't think I have made any, My Porsche Account.
I'll see if I can figure out where exactly one does that and if I can figure where and how I'll take a stab at it.

Well buddy I did take a look at the Porsche Internet Site and truthfully I didn't see anything to where one would set-up, My Porsche Account.
No-Worries though I have a lot of confidence in my SA Matt so I think he will keep me up to date on my GT4 W/PDK.

Always a pleasure hearing form you guys a little further up North.

Stay Safe buddy,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-22-2021 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Further comments .............
Old 03-22-2021, 12:59 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Head on over to the 992 TYD thread; pretty much useless. An active SA is much better..
When it started it was pretty accurate... but as you mention it has fallen short. I posted this over a year ago:

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...m-web-app.html
Old 03-22-2021, 10:16 PM
T i h o r
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 19 Posts

Friendly Canadian from TO checking in with a Spyder in "Phase 2"

Anyone know how long this Phase usually takes? It's only been a month, but if feels like forever counting down the days until my ~May delivery.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:33 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by T i h o r
Friendly Canadian from TO checking in with a Spyder in "Phase 2"

Anyone know how long this Phase usually takes? It's only been a month, but if feels like forever counting down the days until my ~May delivery.

Mine entered phase 3 when the car exits factory compound. One day before my entry into port emden.

What I found interesting is that the little icon that you get corresponds to your build.

Ask your SA for a screen shot of your V status. You get a lot more info from that.

Quick Reply: Porsche - Build Tracking "Behind the Scenes"