Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PDI, happy / sad

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 11:50 AM
space man
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts

okay i just got off the phone with service manger. Since the brake pads are not in stock in the usa the dealer purposes this.
put new rotor on right front put the original sanded brake pad on for break in period. After break in and when new pads arrive from Germany they will replace both front rotors and brake pads with new. then i have my car and all should be good they will put this all in writing so i guess i should be happy?
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (02-10-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 11:56 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by space man
okay i just got off the phone with service manger. Since the brake pads are not in stock in the usa the dealer purposes this.
put new rotor on right front put the original sanded brake pad on for break in period. After break in and when new pads arrive from Germany they will replace both front rotors and brake pads with new. then i have my car and all should be good they will put this all in writing so i guess i should be happy?
That sounds like a perfectly viable solution. For all of our edification do you think it would be possible for them to give you the new part number and confirm it is indeed different from the old GT4 / GT3 part number?

Last edited by mjw930; 02-09-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:41 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts
Thumbs up

space man,

You my Good-Man are all set and if all Porsche Dealerships were exactly like the one you have we all would be Happy-Campers.

Enjoy buddy,
Terry
Old 02-10-2021, 10:54 PM
space man
Instructor

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
space man,

You my Good-Man are all set and if all Porsche Dealerships were exactly like the one you have we all would be Happy-Campers.

Enjoy buddy,
Terry
thank you i am picking up car sunday i will post pictures and i did get what they will do in writing i will work on brake pad numbers
tigerhonaker (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 11:31 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

thank you i am picking up car sunday i will post pictures and i did get what they will do in writing i will work on brake pad numbers
space man,

I and all of us will be looking forward to you picking up your Porsche on Sunday.

And if you could maybe do a video of it when you arrive and you picking it up that would be Awesome as we all would certainly Enjoy watching it.

Your the Man Dawg,
Terry
USA
Old 02-14-2021, 08:51 PM
space man
Instructor

hey all i got my car today all went well pdk is absolutely astonishing i posted a new thread with some pictures more news soon thanks for all your thoughts and help
tigerhonaker (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 11:31 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

hey all i got my car today all went well pdk is absolutely astonishing i posted a new thread with some pictures more news soon thanks for all your thoughts and help
space man,

Just checked-out the new thread with your pictures.

Outstanding buddy.

Terry

Quick Reply: PDI, happy / sad