Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Texas Get Together Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 09:27 AM
Lucent
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

Hoping for delivery of a 2022 CGTS early next year.
Would love to join a run.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:10 PM
planolemans
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Hopefully I get my gt4 in October and can join soon. Anyone going to F1 at COTA?
Old 09-27-2021, 10:06 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by planolemans
Hopefully I get my gt4 in October and can join soon. Anyone going to F1 at COTA?
Not this year, and apparently it is already sold out unless you've already grabbed your spots. Both seating and parking are full - although I'm not sure if the Porsche Corral might be in a different bucket. 360,000 people expected!

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/tick...prix-sold-out/
Old 09-27-2021, 10:41 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Not this year, and apparently it is already sold out unless you've already grabbed your spots. Both seating and parking are full - although I'm not sure if the Porsche Corral might be in a different bucket. 360,000 people expected!

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/tick...prix-sold-out/
Aren't single-day tickets still available for all three days?
Old 09-27-2021, 11:03 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by incursion
Aren't single-day tickets still available for all three days?
I was just posting what was in the news, but I checked on the site and it appears that the general grounds passes (no fixed seating other than the ground) and the verified resale seats (permanent seat holders offering their seats) are still available. So right you are!

Last edited by StormRune; 09-27-2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:58 PM
GT4man
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Also hoping to join the next get together since mine won't be here in time. I will be at COTA for F1 though!
Old 09-28-2021, 02:10 AM
texasmade
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I’ll be at F1 CoTA main grandstand.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:12 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,764 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Check out the Vintage Races at COTA first weekend in Nov.

For $75 you get into VIP parking, pit access, parade lap, etc…

Suspect some Texas PCA regions will represent.

https://svra.com/events/2021-cota-speedtour/

The following users liked this post:
flynlo (09-28-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 12:18 PM
mrnotwo
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Austin and my 718 Spyder is arriving later today.

Any recommendations for rim curb rush repair and detailing service in Austin? How's the Porsche dealership in Austin?
Old 10-03-2021, 04:16 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrnotwo
Hi everyone,
Any recommendations for rim curb rush repair and detailing service in Austin? How's the Porsche dealership in Austin?
Welcome to Austin! Tech guy perhaps? Lots of tech companies continuing to staff up here. I am one and was pulled here by a local video game company a couple of decades ago now.

Fortunately for me, but not helpful to you, I've never had the need for a curb rash repair so I don't have any advice there. The dealership in Austin upgraded to a new location and a new 6 floor (+roof parking) facility so its pretty up to date. There are some good people there. With the much larger service facility some of the big service backups we used to see have dwindled. They have a nice windowed overlook where you can sit, get snacks, and watch cars being serviced.

They hold a few customer events every now and then, some even out at COTA. There are full-fledged Porsche races out there from time to time too. There is also the Spokes autocross club here if that interests you.

If you are going to be in town on Saturday Oct 16th, the local PCA club is holding a Cars & Coffee & Croissants meetup at Mozart's, a nice spot down on the river just west of downtown. I hope to have my car this week so hopefully I'll make it there for my first public meet to show off my new Shark Blue GT4.

Last edited by StormRune; 10-03-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

Hi everyone,

As to detailing, I know of one in my area at 360 and 2244/Bee Cave. His name is Dan, and he has the space behind a Texaco station. He is reliable and does a great job. His mobile is 512-773-7783. I take my Spyder and M3 to him regularly.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:07 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
As to detailing, I know of one in my area at 360 and 2244/Bee Cave. His name is Dan, and he has the space behind a Texaco station. He is reliable and does a great job. His mobile is 512-773-7783. I take my Spyder and M3 to him regularly.
Good to know when we are in Austin. Thank you!
Old 10-03-2021, 06:59 PM
mrnotwo
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to Austin! Tech guy perhaps? Lots of tech companies continuing to staff up here. I am one and was pulled here by a local video game company a couple of decades ago now.

Fortunately for me, but not helpful to you, I've never had the need for a curb rash repair so I don't have any advice there. The dealership in Austin upgraded to a new location and a new 6 floor (+roof parking) facility so its pretty up to date. There are some good people there. With the much larger service facility some of the big service backups we used to see have dwindled. They have a nice windowed overlook where you can sit, get snacks, and watch cars being serviced.

They hold a few customer events every now and then, some even out at COTA. There are full-fledged Porsche races out there from time to time too. There is also the Spokes autocross club here if that interests you.

If you are going to be in town on Saturday Oct 16th, the local PCA club is holding a Cars & Coffee & Croissants meetup at Mozart's, a nice spot down on the river just west of downtown. I hope to have my car this week so hopefully I'll make it there for my first public meet to show off my new Shark Blue GT4.
I am in tech but I am not joining any local company. I just wanted to enjoy the winter and my company from NYC let me work here. So far I didn't get any reccs for curb rush fixing but I reached out to above mentioned shops and the dealership. Hopefully they either can help or recommend someone.

I will for sure come for Cars and Coffee. My Spyder is python green. See you there!
Old 10-03-2021, 07:04 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

I am in tech but I am not joining any local company. I just wanted to enjoy the winter and my company from NYC let me work here. So far I didn't get any reccs for curb rush fixing but I reached out to above mentioned shops and the dealership. Hopefully they either can help or recommend someone.

I will for sure come for Cars and Coffee. My Spyder is python green. See you there!
That's great! I think I should be able to pick you out of the crowd

If you'd like to register for one of the reserved Porsche spots you can find the events here on the local PCA web page. https://www.hcrpca.org/events/
Never mind that it says the event is full. I just joined the event as a stand-by yesterday and a local coordinator called a while later to give me a spot.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Dasuchin
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How do I get added to the list for the customer events? I made it to the grand opening but was never officially invited, even though my sales guy said they sent me an invite.
I still need to join PCA.

Quick Reply: Texas Get Together Thread