Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

White/Black Spyder Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 08:25 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts

Deposit down, March build and hopefully May delivery!! So excited. I spent the day prepping my Turbo to trade and then I went to a local Porsche dealership to see first hand as many of the options I’m debating about as possible. The configurator tricks you into thinking you need things but there is nothing like spending time at the dealership actually sitting in cars.

Near final build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PMAYBTP3

I got to spend some time in the light, shade and inside really looking at White vs. CWM and I’m settled on White. A bit sportier looking and free but you really have to work hard to see a major difference. I like the warmer white vs. the cooler slightly bluish white but I’m splitting hairs.

I’ve decided to leave the PCCBs yellow. Even with the white/black theme, I like the splash of color and the PCCBs just don’t seem to look right in black...not as much of an event. I was worried yellow would distract from the beautify of the car but in person, I prefer the yellow still. Once you pick PCCB, this is another no cost choice...doing great here!

I really liked the silver stitching. I worried compared to something like yellow or red, it would be boring or not very visible. In person, it looks amazing and really looks white which is a nice match to the exterior choice. Hey, another savings here too! I’m going with silver belts to match instead of yellow.

Porsche logo in black for sure and sticking with model delete, I will add back Spyder alone after delivery.

Originally I was going with black brushed aluminum trim but everyone I looked at was already a bit scratched and showing marks/prints. I sat in a GTS 4.0 with carbon fiber and it looked stunning and I know it holds up well. Costs a bit more but I’m convinced it is the right way to go. I’m skipping the illuminated carbon door sill. It does look nice, but not $1200 nice for entry/exit only and really, I’m usually just trying to enter without scuffing that all up with my shoes anyway. Easier to replace the basic option down the road when I mark it all up.

At the moment, I’m going with PDLS and not checking the LED box. This is my last struggle and right now I’m picking PDLS because I like the way it looks more. I may panic at the last minute and flip a coin here.

I’ve made enough room in my build now where I can get the euro sun visor without the yellow labels and pay for an integrated radar/laser setup eventually. Thanks again for all of the research help!

Last edited by Jeff Jones; 01-18-2021 at 08:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
robcorn (02-06-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 08:42 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks really good Jeff, congrats!
Jeff Jones (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 08:43 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

^Perfect build! It will look stunning.
Jeff Jones (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 09:38 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
I’ve made enough room in my build now where I can get the euro sun visor without the yellow labels and pay for an integrated radar/laser setup eventually. Thanks again for all of the research help!
Or keep the OEM yellow labels as an interior accent to match the PCCB?
Jeff Jones (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 09:48 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Thanks and I’m sure I will continue to agonize about each option for weeks to come but I’m close to feeling final. There are a few red belt options so I’m sure I can find a close match regardless but I’ll find out for sure and share back.

Suncoast has the sunvisors:
Leather - https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU981VISORS.html
Alcantara - https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUALCB981.html

It’s a tough pill to swallow given these cost twice as much as the upgrade option when buying the car but I’ve tried and failed to remove these stickers in the past. Worth it to me.
Oh yes, I’ve seen those...when you said aftermarket I thought you meant not OEM.

Anyway, I’m working through Exclusive Option for a Leather/Yellow deviated set. Believe even the vanity mirror cover is leather.

Old 01-18-2021, 11:03 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Cool, please let me know how that turns out and how the costs compare. They look great.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:21 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Cool, please let me know how that turns out and how the costs compare. They look great.
Not inexpensive but cheaper by a couple hundred than your suncoast links.

Shoot em an email...Frank called me right back. He has a fashion gray Spyder...their work is OEM++.

4-6 week turn around.
Jeff Jones (01-18-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 11:28 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Deposit down, March build and hopefully May delivery!! So excited. I spent the day prepping my Turbo to trade and then I went to a local Porsche dealership to see first hand as many of the options I’m debating about as possible. The configurator tricks you into thinking you need things but there is nothing like spending time at the dealership actually sitting in cars.

Near final build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PMAYBTP3

I got to spend some time in the light, shade and inside really looking at White vs. CWM and I’m settled on White. A bit sportier looking and free but you really have to work hard to see a major difference. I like the warmer white vs. the cooler slightly bluish white but I’m splitting hairs.

I’ve decided to leave the PCCBs yellow. Even with the white/black theme, I like the splash of color and the PCCBs just don’t seem to look right in black...not as much of an event. I was worried yellow would distract from the beautify of the car but in person, I prefer the yellow still. Once you pick PCCB, this is another no cost choice...doing great here!

I really liked the silver stitching. I worried compared to something like yellow or red, it would be boring or not very visible. In person, it looks amazing and really looks white which is a nice match to the exterior choice. Hey, another savings here too! I’m going with silver belts to match instead of yellow.

Porsche logo in black for sure and sticking with model delete, I will add back Spyder alone after delivery.

Originally I was going with black brushed aluminum trim but everyone I looked at was already a bit scratched and showing marks/prints. I sat in a GTS 4.0 with carbon fiber and it looked stunning and I know it holds up well. Costs a bit more but I’m convinced it is the right way to go. I’m skipping the illuminated carbon door sill. It does look nice, but not $1200 nice for entry/exit only and really, I’m usually just trying to enter without scuffing that all up with my shoes anyway. Easier to replace the basic option down the road when I mark it all up.

At the moment, I’m going with PDLS and not checking the LED box. This is my last struggle and right now I’m picking PDLS because I like the way it looks more. I may panic at the last minute and flip a coin here.

Looks good man, congrats. I'm jealous!

Personally, I'd definitely go for the illuminated sills. I had them on my Carrera S and now my Turbo and I don't know, I know it's somewhat cheezy but man, when I open the door at night and see that "Turbo S" script, I just love it to death. I would imagine seeing "Spyder" would be the same.

But that's just me. LOL.

Looking forward to seeing pics. Now the long wait begins!

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 01-19-2021 at 11:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Needsdecaf:
DFW01TT (01-20-2021), Jeff Jones (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 12:25 PM
Jay77
Instructor

Received 132 Likes on 53 Posts

That sounds like a great build. I agree with Needsdecaf - the illuminated sill are great! That was one option I was on the fence about. $1,200 isn't chump change for something you only see when getting in/out of the car. But, I will say, every time I open the door I'm happy I have them. They really do look great. Also, I would make the switch to the LED's. Whatever they lack in aesthetics compared to the PDLS, they more than make up for in function. I can't see buying any new car without LED headlights now. They are just SOOOO much better than the other options.
DFW01TT (01-20-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 05:02 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

YOLO - I submitted my "final" build and added the carbon door sills. I'm still skipping LEDs and everything else is the same from the last one. PMATEQZ3 (http://www.porsche-code.com/PMATEQZ3)

I still can't believe I have kept the auto-dimming and rain sensing option and that after all my angst, I decided to keep the alcantara wheel and shifter. I may eventually regret that but after sitting in a car with that option for a while, I really liked the way it looked and felt. Fixable down the road if I'm wrong.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff Jones:
Needsdecaf (01-22-2021), robcorn (02-06-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 01:35 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

Congrats! Nice build & good call on the leather steering column
Jeff Jones (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 01:39 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
Congrats! Nice build & good call on the leather steering column
Thanks for checking it out. Porsche should pay Rennlist a commission...there is no way I would have checked that box if it wasn’t for all the posts and pictures on this forum
Old 02-05-2021, 02:02 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Two notes from my SA today, one good and one perhaps not so good (for others):
  1. My March build May delivery has updated estimated dates of Feb 26th build start and April 16th delivery which is like early Christmas and a birthday present all in one. Fingers crossed that it holds.
  2. He also said that he has seen other dates pulled in AND is seeing zero allocations for GT4/Spyder past May. It was just his opinion, but he speculated that Porsche is trying to wrap up production on these GT cars by May/August. For everyone else hoping to get a later build, I hope this is incorrect.
I have kept myself busy buying accessories for a car I don't even own yet...for a car that doesn't even have a VIN yet DSC controller, Euro style alcantara visors, clear side markers, Spyder rear badge, T-Design9 memory module, black/white hood crest, CF key covers, Antigravity battery (from previous car) and still shopping
robcorn (02-06-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 02:14 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Exciting! Similar timeline to my cGTS. I have bought a few small things and a winter setup. Do you have a link for the silver badge?

Old 02-06-2021, 03:04 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Exciting! Similar timeline to my cGTS. I have bought a few small things and a winter setup. Do you have a link for the silver badge?
This is where I ordered mine - https://www.aasesales.com/collections/badges-crests
UncleDude (02-06-2021)

Quick Reply: White/Black Spyder Build