Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

White/Black Spyder Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 09:10 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

A sea of white and silver DD mules out there anyway. Just go with red, yellow, or green exterior for your fun car and be done with it, lol...
Old 01-03-2021, 09:19 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Wouldn't silver/black be the real monochrome combo? The wheels and interior stitching/details are silver, right?

That is very close to my build specification!!!

Old 01-03-2021, 09:33 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
A sea of white and silver DD mules out there anyway. Just go with red, yellow, or green exterior for your fun car and be done with it, lol...
I hear you and I’m always tempted...maybe if it was PTS. I’ve done the Red 911 (GTS Targa) and I’m not a fan of the green available on this car. Arrow Blue with chalk painted wheels (my favorite GT3 build) would look great. I happen to think the Spyder looks amazing in white and you don’t see that many. It’s good to have options!

Last edited by Jeff Jones; 01-03-2021 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
I hear you and I’m always tempted...maybe if it was PTS. I’ve done the Red 911 (GTS Targa) and I’m not a fan of the green available on this car. Arrow Blue with chalk painted wheels (my favorite GT3 build) would look great. I happen to think the Spyder looks amazing in white and you don’t see that many. It’s good to have options!

I saw this car in person here in Houston and it is absolutely, positively, STUNNING. You'd think it would be too much but in person, <<chefs kiss>>

Sad to see you leave the 997 TT fold!
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Jones (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

I’m not gone yet I’m trying to come to trade terms and if that doesn’t work out, I’ll either keep it and add, or just give up on the Spyder until I can keep both. I am close to getting my number on the trade though...fingers crossed.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:57 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

I think I have a Spyder allocation for an April build and June delivery. I say think because while the dealer promises my name is on it, we are agreeing to trade terms so the deal isn’t final.

I’ve waffled back and forth between Silver and White but have decided on White. I’m going with basic white which I think looks more sporty and closer to Grand Prix white that I loved on my older 911s. CWM is beautiful as well but basic white won the coin toss.

Latest build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PMV98IA3

As of today, I’m going black calipers. I’ve always loved black/red interiors so I’ll save the splash of color for the interior and go white/black on the outside. Silver stitching with yellow calipers would save me money, but I like the black/red interior and I’ll be spending a lot of time there. I can always have the calipers repainted later and might even do the non-purist thing and paint PCCB calipers red...gasp

The current build has a few nice to haves which could fall off but I’m splurging a bit. Carbon fiber bits and some extra leather. I’ll be buying euro style leather sun visors aftermarket. Yes, I hate the airbag warning stickers that much. Likely the 911 R or DB Carbon shift **** as well at some point. I’m sticking with the leather wheel / shifter but gave up on the idea of extended stitching to cover those. I can live without it and that created room in the budget for other more noticeable options. I don’t need the heated wheel and don’t want the multi-function look.

Question - I’m assuming the black leather / red stitching interior option has guards red stitching...can anyone confirm this for sure? I’ll ask my SA as well but I trust the hive mind more. I just want to be sure the belts will be a close match.

Thanks to all of you for help with the research. These forums are always so valuable.

Jeff

Old 01-14-2021, 12:29 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Nice build!

Good question on the deviated stitching. I saw the red stitching while I was looking, it looked to be darker and more matched to the Bordeaux gauges.

Anyway, with an April build should have a couple months to lock to keep agonizing over options.

I agree completely with your statement “I’ll be buying euro style leather sun visors aftermarket. Yes, I hate the airbag warning stickers that much.”

Do you have a lead on the aftermarket visors? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:49 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Thanks and I’m sure I will continue to agonize about each option for weeks to come but I’m close to feeling final. There are a few red belt options so I’m sure I can find a close match regardless but I’ll find out for sure and share back.

Suncoast has the sunvisors:
Leather - https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU981VISORS.html
Alcantara - https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUALCB981.html

It’s a tough pill to swallow given these cost twice as much as the upgrade option when buying the car but I’ve tried and failed to remove these stickers in the past. Worth it to me.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:56 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 317 Posts

I think that supplemental restraints in body color are essential and they look fantastic when the top is down.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:04 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DFW01TT
I think that supplemental restraints in body color are essential and they look fantastic when the top is down.
I can appreciate that and on a Boxster, I totally agree with you. I’ve seen several in person and they look fantastic. On the Spyder, I prefer the black restraints because it makes them disappear and that allows the streamliners (humps) to really stand out. With the restraints painted white, they flow together too much for my eye.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (01-14-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 01:41 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

I know these are just configurator shots that you have all seen during your own builds, but it is all I have to share at the moment...and for many moments to come

Old 01-14-2021, 08:56 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I can appreciate that and on a Boxster, I totally agree with you. I’ve seen several in person and they look fantastic. On the Spyder, I prefer the black restraints because it makes them disappear and that allows the streamliners (humps) to really stand out. With the restraints painted white, they flow together too much for my eye.
+1
Boxster, yes. Spyder, no — they break the humps’ line that visually extends to the top of the windshield. This line is also accentuated with the top of the side windows when they’re up. Colored restraints break this line, black ones let it flow.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:45 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

I wasn’t able to come to my target trade price with the dealer so I’ve walked away from the April build, June delivery allocation. Good news story because I did secure a March build / May delivery and got my full asking plus they are covering transport. Phew, I think I can consider this one good to go! The build locks in like 10 days so I better make my final decisions soon

If you are looking for a Spyder allocation, call Downtown LA Motors (DTLA Porsche is a part of this group) because as of right now, they should have an allocation available. Ask for Solomon, great guy. They were incredibly responsive and good to work with, I just held out for a bit more on the trade and got lucky. I was really looking forward to driving the car back from LA.

I also have a broker that I can highly recommend if you want to secure an allocation for a very reasonable fee. While I won’t pay a dealer ADM for doing nothing, I have no problem paying a well connected broker, willing to work his butt off, a fair price. PM me for his contact info but you can easily find him on Instagram https://instagram.com/bp_motorcars?igshid=tgfnqv5voatq. Tell him Jeff, the pain in the *** with a high priced Turbo trade, referred you

Now to agonize over the final decisions and break it to the family that the Turbo is being replaced

Last edited by Jeff Jones; 01-16-2021 at 08:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff Jones:
bpeacock (01-19-2021), UncleDude (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 11:42 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I wasn’t able to come to my target trade price with the dealer so I’ve walked away from the April build, June delivery allocation. Good news story because I did secure a March build / May delivery and got my full asking plus they are covering transport. Phew, I think I can consider this one good to go! The build locks in like 10 days so I better make my final decisions soon

If you are looking for a Spyder allocation, call Downtown LA Motors (DTLA Porsche is a part of this group) because as of right now, they should have an allocation available. Ask for Solomon, great guy. They were incredibly responsive and good to work with, I just held out for a bit more on the trade and got lucky. I was really looking forward to driving the car back from LA.

I also have a broker that I can highly recommend if you want to secure an allocation for a very reasonable fee. While I won’t pay a dealer ADM for doing nothing, I have no problem paying a well connected broker, willing to work his butt off, a fair price. PM me for his contact info but you can easily find him on Instagram https://instagram.com/bp_motorcars?igshid=tgfnqv5voatq. Tell him Jeff, the pain in the *** with a high priced Turbo trade, referred you

Now to agonize over the final decisions and break it to the family that the Turbo is being replaced
Jeff, glad to hear Ben was able to find you an allocation!
The following 2 users liked this post by robcorn:
bpeacock (01-19-2021), Jeff Jones (01-17-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 12:05 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robcorn
Jeff, glad to hear Ben was able to find you an allocation!
Thank you so much for the referral! Ben was super helpful, easy to work with and chased down a number of options quickly. The only reason it took a little while is due to the fair (aka, high) price I was expecting on the trade. Some dealers just want to wholesale the trades away so it took a little longer to find a dealer that appreciated and wanted to showcase the Turbo S in their inventory.

Quick Reply: White/Black Spyder Build