Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Measuring for a lift. How high is a GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020 | 01:24 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dyim
Thanks for the info.

Between the weeds, damn ants, and shovel catching the edges of the smaller interlocking blocks; I am done with what I have.

Not a fan of bare concrete because of tire marks. I also saw stamped concrete that didn’t fare well with time.

This is giving me another option.
Actually I have had a number of different driveway surfaces, asphalt, brushed concrete, exposed aggregate and now pavers and by far the individual pavers are the best for looks, durability and reparability! Proper installation is the key for these as is using the Poly-modified joint sand in between to control weeds. the type I have versus @its gt4 allows for good transitions as the grade varies, larger pavers favor a more gentle slope but either style provides a durable surface to drive on. The added benefit of the style I have is they dry very quickly, in fact you would think that we have a heated driveway, after rain or as snow melts the pavers dry within a very short time which really helps prevent surface ice from happening when it warms during the day and then drops to freezing at night.

Below is a picture taken this past February, you can see the snow melting already and where the paver are actually beginning to dry completely.

Old 11-06-2020 | 01:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

slightly related I see that home depot has a pretty great deal on the QuickJack 500SLX ... $1050
Old 11-06-2020 | 11:38 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Actually I have had a number of different driveway surfaces, asphalt, brushed concrete, exposed aggregate and now pavers and by far the individual pavers are the best for looks, durability and reparability! Proper installation is the key for these as is using the Poly-modified joint sand in between to control weeds. the type I have versus @its gt4 allows for good transitions as the grade varies, larger pavers favor a more gentle slope but either style provides a durable surface to drive on. The added benefit of the style I have is they dry very quickly, in fact you would think that we have a heated driveway, after rain or as snow melts the pavers dry within a very short time which really helps prevent surface ice from happening when it warms during the day and then drops to freezing at night.

Below is a picture taken this past February, you can see the snow melting already and where the paver are actually beginning to dry completely.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....

Quick Reply: Measuring for a lift. How high is a GT4?