Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 09:27 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

My personal winning build at the moment combines the two themes from above: LWBS and Python Green (as PTS-lite) with roll hoops in exterior paint, full black leather, Bose, platinum wheels, Python interior trim at $104k, $14k in options. Maybe with black calipers but I kind of like the minimal red with the red reflectors.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:42 PM
wcprice
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Markoware- thanks! Any comment on the Night Blue? I think it looks elegant, but I’ve also heard people say too dark.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:19 PM
py0413
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by wcprice
Markoware- thanks! Any comment on the Night Blue? I think it looks elegant, but I’ve also heard people say too dark.
it’s a beautiful dark shade blue color. Personally I like it more than the popular gentian blue and I think it goes really well with black/red & black/chalk interior. My cayenne is moonlight blue (with black interior) which I believe is an even darker blue, it was off the lot otherwise I’d have black/red interior.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:19 PM
markoware
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by wcprice
I have not seen night blue in person. Based on pictures I think "too dark" really depends on individual taste. I'm a fan of blue in general, but for me personally I want something to pop a bit but not be over the top, so I'm going with gentian. I want something that looks special but isn't going to elicit comments from coworkers or people at a gas station. That's one thing I love about my black 911...99% of people don't seem to notice it. I don't think you can go wrong with either blue. I would gravitate to sapphire blue if it were available. I just know what I personally prefer. I had both the light and dark blue on the Alfa Romeo Giulia and far preferred the lighter blue. Although I got a lot of comments on the lighter blue and nobody noticed the darker blue car.

Also I love some colors, but not as much on a Boxster, so that drives my color choice. I think chalk and aventurine look awesome on a 911 coupe and maybe a Cayman, but I just don't love them as much on a Boxster. I'm wondering if I would feel that way if I saw night blue. If I was buying a 911 I would get chalk or aventurine.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:30 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by py0413
it’s a beautiful dark shade blue color. Personally I like it more than the popular gentian blue and I think it goes really well with black/red & black/chalk interior. My cayenne is moonlight blue (with black interior) which I believe is an even darker blue, it was off the lot otherwise I’d have black/red interior.
Looks like my dealer has a night blue Macan. I should check out the color on it before locking into gentian on my Boxster. It looks really nice in the dealer photos. If every new 718 driving around my city including mine is gentian I'll be a little bothered. Although in the six months I've had my 911 I've only seen one other Porsche sports car on the road so I probably shouldn't worry too much.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:19 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by markoware
Looks like my dealer has a night blue Macan. I should check out the color on it before locking into gentian on my Boxster. It looks really nice in the dealer photos. If every new 718 driving around my city including mine is gentian I'll be a little bothered. Although in the six months I've had my 911 I've only seen one other Porsche sports car on the road so I probably shouldn't worry too much.
I stopped by my dealer and they had sold the night blue Macan. Looking at the color samples night blue is indeed really dark. Not bad if that is what one wants, but my sales advisor said it looks black at night and I believe him. It does have a pronounced metallic flake to it, which looked nice in the sun.

I also checked out a black/bordeaux Taycan and loved the interior. I was also able to look at platinum and aurum wheels. The aurum is bolder than I expected.
Old 08-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

I stopped by my dealer and they had sold the night blue Macan. Looking at the color samples night blue is indeed really dark. Not bad if that is what one wants, but my sales advisor said it looks black at night and I believe him. It does have a pronounced metallic flake to it, which looked nice in the sun.

I also checked out a black/bordeaux Taycan and loved the interior. I was also able to look at platinum and aurum wheels. The aurum is bolder than I expected.
Aurum is how Porsche spells gold...
Old 09-02-2020, 08:24 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

The best hyper-stripper (ZERO OPTIONS except freebies) Boxster GTS 4.0. Red, black, silver. $90k. Not too shabby...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMUZJ1E4

Last edited by hf1; 09-02-2020 at 08:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
markoware (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 08:21 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Black, red, silver. Even a better looking (zero option) hyper-stripper, for those not afraid of black:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM642KZ3

White could also work. White/black with red and silver accents. 4 colors, but 3 of them neutral, and 2 of them as accents, so still works:

A hyper-stripper would be a unicorn as it would require *****, determination, and clarity of purpose to order it as such.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:44 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Hot theme: Black wheels, Red calipers, Red top, GTS interior package with red stitching.

Interesting how only now, while exploring black wheel combos, I noticed that the black side intakes form an arc (bow) with the (black) roll hoops which gets lost/broken if you paint the roll hoops exterior color. I thought painted roll hoops were a must for the GTS 4.0 -- not so sure any more, or at least not for black wheels.

Exterior color variations on the theme:

Agate (my 2nd favorite)

"Murder" Black

GT Silver

Gentian Blue

Night Blue (my 3rd favorite)

Chalk (my favorite)

Old 09-03-2020, 01:49 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 834 Likes on 458 Posts

I like the "murder" black with black wheels, red top, red caliper, GTS interior package, and bucket seats to make it less soft.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:10 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wizee
I like the "murder" black with black wheels, red top, red caliper, GTS interior package, and bucket seats to make it less soft.
Yes, from a purely aesthetic angle the "murder black" with red combo is really sexy but a huge pain in the a$$ to keep clean. It also loses the black side intake + black roll hoop "arc effect" that I just discovered and am starting to really like.

Last edited by hf1; 09-03-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:27 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
Yes, from a purely aesthetic angle the "murder black" with red combo is really sexy but a huge pain in the a$$ to keep clean. It also loses the black side intake + black roll hoop "arc effect" that I just discovered and am starting to really like.
I'm going to have to play with not painting roll hoops now, because that does look interesting. Although it's one of those things like painted washer nozzles where I figure it's cheaper to do it when ordering and I can always switch to black easier than painting down the road. I submitted my build with everything painted but it won't lock for a few weeks.

I also really like the murdered out look. I wouldn't get it, but I did it to my kid's Giulia and it looks fantastic (exhaust, badges, grill...all the non-black parts). It's funny how blacking out everything makes a car stand out. Murdered out with just deviated seat centers might be interesting. Or murdered out with full black leather and a deviated stitch of some sort.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:32 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Yes the "murder black" with accents is just gorgeous. A classic that never gets old:

Old 09-03-2020, 03:20 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I'm going to have to play with not painting roll hoops now, because that does look interesting.
I just realized that the red top was what made "the arc" stand out. Most color combos come with a black top which blends in with the hoops and messes up the black arc. You need a non-black top to make the black intake+hoop arc stand out.

Quick Reply: Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos