Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020 | 08:39 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I like the white gauges with espresso! I think they'd look even better with Chalk or GT Silver stitching. Too bad the configurator is not showing the stitching.
The following 2 users liked this post by hf1:
evilfij (08-25-2020), gurneyeagle (10-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020 | 10:47 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
I like the white gauges with espresso! I think they'd look even better with Chalk or GT Silver stitching. Too bad the configurator is not showing the stitching.
I agree, almost. If you are doing accents in white with stitching, I would go for a white(ish) stitching and the most white stitching is pebble grey (It looks white), but I think Luxor would look good too, especially with the belts. GT silver stitching is clearly silver, so I would knock that off the list (but chalk should work).
Old 08-25-2020 | 11:17 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
I agree, almost. If you are doing accents in white with stitching, I would go for a white(ish) stitching and the most white stitching is pebble grey (It looks white), but I think Luxor would look good too, especially with the belts. GT silver stitching is clearly silver, so I would knock that off the list (but chalk should work).
GT silver stitching would work with GT silver exterior, I think.
Old 08-25-2020 | 05:17 PM
markoware
Instructor

Now I'm considering chalk exterior with espresso interior and chalk deviated stitching and belts. I just don't know if I like chalk on a boxster. I like chalk and aventurine green on a 911 coupe and Cayman, but for some reason I don't like them as much on a Boxster.

I do think the espresso with deviated chalk would look awesome, though.
Old 08-25-2020 | 05:28 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by markoware
Now I'm considering chalk exterior with espresso interior and chalk deviated stitching and belts. I just don't know if I like chalk on a boxster. I like chalk and aventurine green on a 911 coupe and Cayman, but for some reason I don't like them as much on a Boxster.

Espresso with chalk stitching would look outstanding. Chalk exterior looks great on a Boxster too. There was a Chalk GTS 4.0 in the initial test/review fleet:

I'm now back in the LWBS camp which limits me to black interior, which means Python Green, easy. I'll probably change my mind few more times.

Old 08-25-2020 | 05:31 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

That would be a very strong look. Especially if you add the painted (in exterior chalk) interior trim.
Old 08-26-2020 | 06:17 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Seems like many proposed configurations are just including the base rims. Anyone getting the 911 Turbo or Carrera Sport Wheels? I know the black Carrera Sport Wheels would be tough to keep clean but they look amazing in this video!

The following 2 users liked this post by sonicworld:
markoware (08-26-2020), squid42 (08-26-2020)
Old 08-26-2020 | 06:26 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by sonicworld
Seems like many proposed configurations are just including the base rims. Anyone getting the 911 Turbo or Carrera Sport Wheels? I know the black Carrera Sport Wheels would be tough to keep clean but they look amazing in this video!
Thank you for the video. I have been considering them, but have had a hard time finding real-world pictures. My SA said they look really nice painted in jet black metallic, which does seem interesting. My fear is that either of the gloss paints would get on my nerves with swirls in the paint and I'd end up having to polish them often.
Old 08-26-2020 | 07:08 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

All other GTS wheel options look fuddy-duddy and too sedan-y, too cruiser-y to me, not befitting a sporty backroads carver. I wish the Spyder wheels were an option for the GTS.
Old 08-26-2020 | 07:16 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
All other GTS wheel options look fuddy-duddy and too sedan-y, too cruiser-y to me, not befitting a sporty backroads carver. I wish the Spyder wheels were an option for the GTS.
This is why I think I'm coming full circle back to the black/bordeaux interior instead of espresso on gentian blue. There are color combos I would like on a 911, but don't like on a 718. It's the whole reason why I'm selling my 911 for a 718 in the first place, because I want a fun sports car. I'll daily drive the Boxster, but it's just a different animal and I think it isn't sitting well with me to make it exactly as you said: fuddy-duddy and sedan-y.
Old 08-26-2020 | 07:17 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Originally Posted by hf1
Agreed! I love the Spyders too.
Old 08-26-2020 | 07:35 PM
sonicworld
Pro

This is why I think I'm coming full circle back to the black/bordeaux interior instead of espresso on gentian blue. There are color combos I would like on a 911, but don't like on a 718. It's the whole reason why I'm selling my 911 for a 718 in the first place, because I want a fun sports car. I'll daily drive the Boxster, but it's just a different animal and I think it isn't sitting well with me to make it exactly as you said: fuddy-duddy and sedan-y.
I really like the black/Bordeaux as well. What interior trim would you pair it up with?
Old 08-26-2020 | 07:49 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by sonicworld
I really like the black/Bordeaux as well. What interior trim would you pair it up with?
Leather trim, leather backrest shells, and leather steering column. I think this will be the build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQWRI36
Old 08-26-2020 | 07:55 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I know exactly what you mean which is why I gravitate towards Green, Yellow, Red, and more vivid colors for a backroads carver as opposed to the more sedate, calm color combos. I kicked Gentian out of play for now as it looks too dark on many of the pics which will make it as painful as black to keep clean and free of dust, pollen, or rain spots. Plus dark metallic colors are sort of sedan-y. But you can spice it up nicely and make it sporty with the black/bordeaux interior like you planned. As of now, I’m getting the LWBS which determines the all black interior, which determines a sporty vivid exterior color like green, red, yellow, etc, or if chalk, white, or silver, then with Aurum wheels to make them sportier and less sedan-y.
Old 08-26-2020 | 08:00 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Leather trim, leather backrest shells, and leather steering column. I think this will be the build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQWRI36
That looks stunning! Go with your first instinct, it’s usually the most reliable. For me that was Python Green and it looks like I will end up right where I started with that one too. But I enjoy the selection process, too.

Quick Reply: Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos