Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020 | 01:49 PM
sraj
Advanced

Here's mine. Once I saw Chalk/Blue roof/Platinum wheels from the introduction, it was all over. Didn't want black a interior, and Graphite seemed like the next best thing. September 15 lock date, for November build.

Last edited by sraj; 08-21-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2020 | 02:11 PM
gator2015GTS
Intermediate

I have the satin platinum on my old GTS and it, like GB, can look a bit different depending on the lighting. I chose GB with Chalk/Black. I dig the contrasting chalk stitching on the black leather.

Old 08-21-2020 | 02:30 PM
bradStyle
Instructor

Originally Posted by gator2015GTS
I have the satin platinum on my old GTS and it, like GB, can look a bit different depending on the lighting. I chose GB with Chalk/Black. I dig the contrasting chalk stitching on the black leather.
EXCELLENT. You know I'm a fan! Can't wait to see pics when it finally comes in
Old 08-21-2020 | 02:58 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Love this combo, I think I posted it in the Gentian thread. I’d replace the silver interior trim with Gentian though. Hope chalk is not too white and too much of a pain to keep clean.

Last edited by hf1; 08-21-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2020 | 03:13 PM
bradStyle
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
Hope chalk is not too white and too much of a pain to keep clean.
I had posed that question a while back when I was considering black/chalk interior (even before I started paying attention to Gentian Blue exterior). Some responses on cleaning it are included: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-foru...k-leather.html
Old 08-23-2020 | 08:43 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Back to Python and LWBS. Can’t seem to choose deviated stitching with the LWBS in the configurator. Is this a config error or a true limitation?

The interior trim color shown on the config is an abomination, but I think Python interior trim would tie in the exterior nicely especially in a convertible. And it’s a nice contrast to the all black interior.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (10-04-2020)
Old 08-23-2020 | 10:27 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

I think that Python Green suits the Boxster GTS very very well....
Old 08-23-2020 | 12:14 PM
rjag2034
Racer

Green exterior is amazing.....not a fan of the green trim inside tho'
Old 08-23-2020 | 02:32 PM
patdonahue
Pro

I pulled the trigger on mine Friday and set my build and got my commission number. I went with G/B, I was really torn between G/B and A/G. A/G seems to still be fairly rare at least in my part of the country and would have liked to see an actual car painted in that color. My dealer had only sold one car in that color, a 911 a few months ago. The nearest dealer with a A/G car in stock was 300+ miles away. In the end I think that the deeper shine of the G/B did it for me.
FWIW the freeze dates have been wavering a bit as usual between the planned date and the expected date and I thought I would get it decided and done. I probably have another week if I want to change something which I doubt unless I wind up seeing an A/G car up close....
FWIW #2 I chose a leather interior and deleted the black Race-Tex roof liner so that my A pillars and liner will be in the same color as the Graphite Blue leather.
It is going to be a long 100 days till I get my car.........
This has been a great thread, some of the color choices are really intriguing!
Old 08-23-2020 | 04:04 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

That will be a beautiful combination!!! Looking forward to pictures.
Old 08-23-2020 | 04:05 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OttawaSteve
Yes it wood, but it ain't an option on a GTS.
It can be done.
Old 08-23-2020 | 05:20 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dmk2
It can be done.
Not at a price that i would be willing to pay! I actually prefer the leather.
Old 08-24-2020 | 12:35 PM
Puggz
Pro

Originally Posted by dmk2
It can be done.
Wood in a sport's car? SUV? Sure.
Old 08-24-2020 | 01:03 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Puggz
Wood in a sport's car? SUV? Sure.
You must not be an Anglophile. The wood heated multifunction steering wheel is ~$1000 from parts (I de-multifunctioned one and installed in my GT3), the dash kit which comes with a shift **** is ~$1500, and the center console is $350 or so. You can swap them all in very easily. The only catch is you can’t do door spears in wood from parts (absent buying whole door panels $$$$) so if you order anything other than the base interior (where spears are vinyl like the rest of the door panels) you have to deal with that. If you spec the leather door/dash/console with the leather interior the door spears are leather and they look good with the wood kit on the dash (and console). The 1,000,000 911 had wood on the dash, wheel, and shifter, but the leather door spears and full leather interior.

You can CXX wood (all of it except the steering wheel, but they might let you have that too), but I would install from parts as you get to keep your take off parts and it will probably be less money.

#makewoodgreatagain
Old 08-24-2020 | 02:38 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Originally Posted by patdonahue
I pulled the trigger on mine Friday and set my build and got my commission number. I went with G/B, I was really torn between G/B and A/G. A/G seems to still be fairly rare at least in my part of the country and would have liked to see an actual car painted in that color. My dealer had only sold one car in that color, a 911 a few months ago. The nearest dealer with a A/G car in stock was 300+ miles away. In the end I think that the deeper shine of the G/B did it for me.
FWIW the freeze dates have been wavering a bit as usual between the planned date and the expected date and I thought I would get it decided and done. I probably have another week if I want to change something which I doubt unless I wind up seeing an A/G car up close....
FWIW #2 I chose a leather interior and deleted the black Race-Tex roof liner so that my A pillars and liner will be in the same color as the Graphite Blue leather.
It is going to be a long 100 days till I get my car.........
This has been a great thread, some of the color choices are really intriguing!
Not sure if this is going to help or confuse you. But I will just post it here.

Macan with agate on black/ red interior, and CF bits. Obviously I love it since I spec’d it myself. BTW, car was left in off road mode hence the ride height.

Quick Reply: Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos