Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Just took the leap! 718CS to 991.2C2 to 718 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 11:13 PM
skeeter714
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Just took the leap! 718CS to 991.2C2 to 718 Spyder

I tend to go overboard once I get 'into something' and I really have fallen hard into the Porsche world. When I was a 100% Bimmer guy I'd order my cars to spec, but did not for my first two Porsche products (a 2017 Cayman S Manual and a 2017 911 Base PDK). I tend to keep my custom ordered cars for at least 10 years (still have my E46 M3, just sold my 330ci ZHP on BAT) so I want this spec to be a keeper.

These are obviously a very personal decision in terms of speccing out the car, but I'm curious as to what folks think about Black/Black with Lizard Green Stitching and Belts?

Old 08-10-2020, 11:16 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,883 Likes on 786 Posts

Congrats.

Build looks cool. You won't regret it.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:23 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Going to look great with Lizard stitching. I’d only eliminate the red calipers either by painting them Lizard aftermarket or just ordering them black. I’m assuming silver wheels?
Old 08-10-2020, 11:48 PM
skeeter714
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
Going to look great with Lizard stitching. I’d only eliminate the red calipers either by painting them Lizard aftermarket or just ordering them black. I’m assuming silver wheels?
I feel like black gloss calipers are a requisite for a build like this. Flirting with maybe going aftermarket with lizard lettering or just leaving as is. I was thinking about satin black wheels with a lizard stripe, but that may be a bit 'much'.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:24 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by skeeter714
I feel like black gloss calipers are a requisite for a build like this. Flirting with maybe going aftermarket with lizard lettering or just leaving as is. I was thinking about satin black wheels with a lizard stripe, but that may be a bit 'much'.
Lizard lettering would look great with your build. Looking forward to seeing the pics!
Old 08-11-2020, 08:17 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Ah, I somehow missed seeing the black calipers on your build list. Yes, Lizard lettering would work, though not a must. Not a fan of wheel stripes myself, and I imagine they’d be vulnerable to tire changes and look frazzled longer term. But give it a try, you can always repaint them later.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:46 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

I think the satin black wheel with a lizard pin stripe will look nice and it will help to bring the inside color to the outside of your car in a very small dose. I don't see that you've selected any color option for your wheels though. I might recommend that if you don't do the pin stripe, maybe consider going for satin platinum because I think with bright silver wheels along with the black car and lizard interior might be much. At least the satin platinum kind of helps to mute the exterior a little bit and is a middle ground between bright silver and dark satin black. Just my opinion but good build otherwise.

Another suggestion if you're interested in doing CXX options is I see you've optioned the personalized door sills. You can look into changing the light of the door sills to possibly green.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:59 PM
skeeter714
Instructor

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I think the satin black wheel with a lizard pin stripe will look nice and it will help to bring the inside color to the outside of your car in a very small dose. I don't see that you've selected any color option for your wheels though. I might recommend that if you don't do the pin stripe, maybe consider going for satin platinum because I think with bright silver wheels along with the black car and lizard interior might be much. At least the satin platinum kind of helps to mute the exterior a little bit and is a middle ground between bright silver and dark satin black. Just my opinion but good build otherwise.

Another suggestion if you're interested in doing CXX options is I see you've optioned the personalized door sills. You can look into changing the light of the door sills to possibly green.

Door Sills- Waiting to hear back from my dealer on that! I think a glowing green would be awesome.

Wheel Color- I'm currently spec'd at silver, but absolutely see your point (great point btw) about going with satin platinum. I am going to play around with the configurator and see what's what. I'm considering the PCCBs and both Satin Black and Platinum compliment the rotor and caliper (both black and yellow) nicely.

Thanks all for the wonderful and candid thoughts!
Old 08-11-2020, 01:12 PM
2020Spyder
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 37 Posts

Love your spec, your car is going to look menacing in all black! I have the satin platinum on my Spyder and I like the color, I think it would integrate well with the black.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:21 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Door Sills- Waiting to hear back from my dealer on that! I think a glowing green would be awesome.

Wheel Color- I'm currently spec'd at silver, but absolutely see your point (great point btw) about going with satin platinum. I am going to play around with the configurator and see what's what. I'm considering the PCCBs and both Satin Black and Platinum compliment the rotor and caliper (both black and yellow) nicely.

Thanks all for the wonderful and candid thoughts!
If you go with the PCCB, I would still opt for the black brake calipers and not the yellow as I think the yellow would clash with the lizard green especially if you do the lizard green pin stripe.

I originally had silver wheels but switched to satin platinum. My wife really wanted the satin black wheels but I'm not a big fan of black wheels. Especially because I have the standard brakes and when black wheels get dirty with brake dust, they look much worse than silver or platinum wheels do for some reason to my eyes. Plus, I didn't want the black wheels because they "hide" the wheels so much that I didn't want that because the Spyder/GT4 wheels are actually a very nice design.

Keep in mind that I was told if you want CXX options, you need to spend a minimum of $3000 for it to be approved on your build.

Quick Reply: Just took the leap! 718CS to 991.2C2 to 718 Spyder