Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

sport seats plus backrest shells in leather

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 02:16 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
What's an extra...
lol. If I had a dollar for every time those words come out of my mouth. Whatever. It's only my kids' inheritance. I'll send them a thank you card.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 02:19 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Bob,

Easily the best option of many on my build. The standard backs just stick out in a sea of black interior. On the 18 ways, you also get the bottom panel in leather.

Talk to Frank at Exclusive, might be expensive but sure they’ve done one.
What do you mean by "bottom panel"? Now I'm intrigued. My freeze date is February 2nd.
Old 01-31-2022, 02:29 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,762 Likes on 2,126 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
What do you mean by "bottom panel"? Now I'm intrigued. My freeze date is February 2nd.
Besides the seat back, you get the hinge, control panel, and coat hook. You need the 18 ways to get this option.

SpyderSenseOC (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 02:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
What a lot of people don't realize is that this option isn't just about changing only the back of the seat to leather which includes the deviated stitching but the sides of the seat as well. It seems that everybody that says to not get this option always says that it's the back of the seat and nobody will ever see it. Well not true because 1. if you have the Spyder, you'll see it every time you go to put down and up the roof. 2. what people always miss is that the sides of the seat are in the same silver plastic.

I didn't realize this on the 18 way and when I went to see this in person, it caught me off guard because nobody mentioned it and kept only talking about the back of the seats. Well, the 18 ways has the sides of the back rest and seat cushion in this silver plastic. Now, you might not see the back part on a regular basis since only the top part is exposed from the back but you'll see the silver plastic side pieces every time you open the door and in and on a car that has very few silver and chrome accents, the silver plastic trim pieces on the 18 ways look extremely out of place and dare I say it, cheap.

The picture I attached (not mine but from an earlier post) shows 3 red circles. The top circle shows what you'll see with the top down. The circle in the middle is the silver plastic trim that I'm referring to on the side of the seat. The last (lowest) red circle is the seat cushion which I guess on the 2 ways are black. Don't know what material but on the 18 way, it's the same silver plastic trim piece and when you spec this option, it's covered in leather except for the 18 way seat control panel.

ChattStringer (06-22-2024)
Old 01-31-2022, 02:43 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Screw it. I added them to the build. PN74PEF3
The following 2 users liked this post by SpyderSenseOC:
Growler48 (02-01-2022), MaddMike (01-31-2022)
Old 06-22-2024, 11:34 AM
ChattStringer
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I know this is an old thread, but still very relevant for those of us in the configuration process.
Currently a few weeks out from my freeze date of a BGTS.
Considering the interior options. Although I found this looking for backrest shells in leather, this is an awesome photo confirming that I DO want the steering column wrapped in leather.
I am doing the GTS interior with stitching in carmine red and still deciding on the backrest shells being wrapped in leather. I think this photo shows me what I need to know.

Quick Reply: sport seats plus backrest shells in leather