Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

sport seats plus backrest shells in leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020 | 03:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I disagree... you see it all the time with the Spyder.
Would you also have any pictures of the seat controls with this option as the description mentions how the seat controls are in leather as well?
Old 06-29-2020 | 03:38 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
So the place where I'm seeing this is not under the Seat Centers and Stitching category. I know where you're referring to and I've marked that option in that section to check it out but when I do, it makes me remove the pre-set Leather Interior with Race-Tex option that you can select in either black, yellow,, red, or silver. Instead, it makes you select from a palette of 10 different colors. It's confusing how Porsche does this but the option that I'm referring to is located in the Interior Leather category. It's labeled as Sports Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather for $1640. I believe by selecting the Sports Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather option in the Interior Leather category, the red deviated stitching will match the rest of the deviated stitching from selecting the pre-set Leather Interior with Race-Tex option.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong but the way that Porsche sets up some of the option selections can be confusing.
thats what the configurator represents visually.

Its my understanding that the seat centers and deviated stitching is for extended colors outside the standard preset contrast stitching (silver, yellow or red). I think this was an update from the 2020 configurator, where if you wanted the steering column, inner door sill in deviated you had to spec it in the seat center section... now if you do so it forces you to spec the solid black stitching full leather. Now it automatically matches the stitching for the standard colors (solid black, contrast silver, contrast yellow, contrast red or solid Bordeaux red). Which was the same as the 981 Spyder configurator.

I think they are trying to simplify it a bit to be less confusing.

Hope a dealer can chime in to confirm.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020 | 03:43 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Would you also have any pictures of the seat controls with this option as the description mentions how the seat controls are in leather as well?
I don’t... borrowed the pic from this thread...
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9102...itching-3.html
Old 06-29-2020 | 04:47 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bradStyle
I just ordered my new GT Silver Cayman GTS 4.0 PDK with Black/Bordeaux Red, 18-way seats, and backrest shells in leather. Might be a waste of money to some in a 2-seater but to me it just wouldn't look finished without. God is in the details.
My Spyder is GT Silver and that is one of the reasons I DIDN'T feel the need to do the seat backs. It matches quite well.
Old 06-29-2020 | 05:04 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VVG
My Spyder is GT Silver and that is one of the reasons I DIDN'T feel the need to do the seat backs. It matches quite well.
If and when you get a chance, would you mind taking a picture of the back and also the seat control area? I'd like to see what it looks like with this option not selected.
Old 06-29-2020 | 08:15 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Check with your dealer to be sure, but if you are using the standard deviated stitching colors (red/yellow/silver or whatever they call them) then I believe it is the $1640 option that you need to check and the deviated stitching will match. If you go for something deviated other than those you need the $1740 option and have to have the dealer include the note.
Old 01-22-2022 | 03:13 AM
doublejeopardy
Advanced

I'm thinking of getting the pre-set black leather/race-tex with the red interior bits. GR sealbelts, GR dials, GR chrono, CF trim. I did post another thread about MB and how to match the interior and as my wife and I were discussing it more and more, we're leaning more and more towards GR exterior with red brake calipers and interior as mentioned above.
Stupid question. Are the red brake calipers GR?
Old 01-22-2022 | 01:21 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

My CPO 981 Spyder came with the back shells in leather. I thought that I won't option it that way but now seeing Spyders without it may have just changed my mind.
Old 01-22-2022 | 11:58 PM
Clementine33
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
It does look great.
Best suited for a 911 where you can actually see the seat backs. Not so much in the mid-engine models.
Not true! I got leather everything but seatbacks in my CGTS. The leather is expresso/cognac, but the seatbacks are gray plastic=VERY UGLY. You can see the clash from the back window all day long. I am considering aftermarket redress.
ChattStringer (06-22-2024)
Old 01-23-2022 | 03:24 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clementine33
Not true! I got leather everything but seatbacks in my CGTS. The leather is expresso/cognac, but the seatbacks are gray plastic=VERY UGLY. You can see the clash from the back window all day long. I am considering aftermarket redress.
not to mention on the side of the 18 way seats, it's that silver plastic that runs down the entire side so it is noticeable. Everybody has their personal opinion on the matter but for me, I ended up paying for it because I couldn't stand looking at the plastic parts on the side of the seats every time I open the doors, let alone on the back when my top is down.
MaddMike (01-23-2022)
Old 01-24-2022 | 09:56 PM
Zoomzoom8
7th Gear

I have this option in my Spyder and to be honest, its probably my favourite pick of them all. I also like the steering column in leather. Here is a picture. I hope it is helpful. Happy to answer any questions.

Old 01-25-2022 | 12:30 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

I think I just changed my build on my 718 Spyder from buckets to 18-ways with leather backs and heat. They work on my 981 and have comfortably carried me on the one road trip I took it on. I did appreciate the micro adjustments I could do with them. Sure, they may be heavier than buckets but I'm probably never going to track this car and it is more of a DD so although I won't have the cool factor, buckets make sense and may actually help when I need to sell my car to some old geezer or a plus size model who may not be able to get into the buckets.

Now the question is, silver stitching or $3,500 more for blue. I think I'll end up going silver.
Old 01-25-2022 | 01:36 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I think I just changed my build on my 718 Spyder from buckets to 18-ways with leather backs and heat. They work on my 981 and have comfortably carried me on the one road trip I took it on. I did appreciate the micro adjustments I could do with them. Sure, they may be heavier than buckets but I'm probably never going to track this car and it is more of a DD so although I won't have the cool factor, buckets make sense and may actually help when I need to sell my car to some old geezer or a plus size model who may not be able to get into the buckets.

Now the question is, silver stitching or $3,500 more for blue. I think I'll end up going silver.
I did speed blue stitching with leather seat backs in my gt4, looks great IMO
I posted pics here https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17665584

Last edited by smegman; 01-25-2022 at 01:40 AM.
MaddMike (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022 | 08:36 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smegman
I did speed blue stitching with leather seat backs in my gt4, looks great IMO
I posted pics here https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17665584
I did see that and it does look great. Just not sure if $3,500 great. On the Spyder, I don't think they do the headrest Spyder logo in the blue stitching, which is a bummer. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by MaddMike; 01-25-2022 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2022 | 08:44 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

I ordered Aventurine Green with Black/Bordeaux and didn’t mind the plastic seat backs.

Ordered again after the stop sale and switched to Porsche Racing Green Metallic. The plastic seat backs stand out like a sore thumb. I don’t know if they changed the color from MY21 to MY22 or if I just notice the grey seat backs more in contrast to the brighter green paint. Regardless, I wish I’d gotten the leather seat backs.

Quick Reply: sport seats plus backrest shells in leather