Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Sport+ on GT4 w/PDK

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 03:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Sorry, dumb question time.

Is the PDK in the GT4 going to be PDK-S (a la the GT3 cars) or regular PDK?
"we" dont know - suspect that it will be the regular/same as other Boxster/Cayman (physically) perhaps with different programming...
Old 07-09-2020, 06:56 PM
rbpeirce
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
If the photos in the configurator are correct, then the PDK in the GTS must be different to the GT4 , if only at a programming level, because the dial in the GTS allows the selection of Comfort, Individual, Sport and Sport+ whereas In the GT4 PDK photos there is only the two drive modes of Sport and Sport+ as in the GT3. So if it is the same box in each car, they are simply removing two modes in the GT4 at a programming level....but on ther other hand....there could be a surprise in store for everyone.
I'm missing that photo. I just ordered a GT4/PDK and I am still trying to determine if it comes with Sport/Sport+ or if I have to add something as I did with my R.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rbpeirce
I'm missing that photo. I just ordered a GT4/PDK and I am still trying to determine if it comes with Sport/Sport+ or if I have to add something as I did with my R.
typically for GT cars you do not need to add "Sport Chrono" to modify the various driving modes available, unlike other non-GT models.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Lacquer
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
"we" dont know - suspect that it will be the regular/same as other Boxster/Cayman (physically) perhaps with different programming...
I don't have actual confirmation, but heard from my dealer the think it is regular PDK. I am a little bummed as I have been waiting almost 5 years for this and it looks as though it has been 911nd again with tall gearing in the PDK. Looks like they are saving things for the RS.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lacquer
I don't have actual confirmation, but heard from my dealer the think it is regular PDK. I am a little bummed as I have been waiting almost 5 years for this and it looks as though it has been 911nd again with tall gearing in the PDK. Looks like they are saving things for the RS.
I suspect that is indeed the case, no surprise really when you think how to distinguish an "RS" model from the rest of the pack ...
Old 07-10-2020, 01:04 PM
rbpeirce
Instructor

typically for GT cars you do not need to add "Sport Chrono" to modify the various driving modes available, unlike other non-GT models.
Thanks. I didn't know that.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rbpeirce
Thanks. I didn't know that.
typically sport chrono on a GT* model buys you the clock/stopwatch/wart + preparation for the Porsche Track app (although in the GT4/Spyder you apparently also have to spec nav to get this)
Old 07-10-2020, 02:26 PM
rbpeirce
Instructor

typically sport chrono on a GT* model buys you the clock/stopwatch/wart + preparation for the Porsche Track app (although in the GT4/Spyder you apparently also have to spec nav to get this)
Saw that. Not interested. I already have an Apex Pro and HLT which gives me more data than I know what to do with!! I just wanted to be sure I didn't have to add that to get Sport and Sport+ as I did on the R.

Quick Reply: Sport+ on GT4 w/PDK