Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 05:08 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

It's frustrating that you can only get alcantara or LWBS seats with a black interior. None of the plethora of other interior color options offer them. I'm concerned that a leather sport plus seat would not offer enough lateral grip for the body during back-road runs. Though that doesn't seem to be a problem with my current Boxster with natural brown leather sport plus seats.

Last edited by hf1; 08-20-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:09 PM
markoware
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
I'd bet you will love it. Silver wheels would be fine, too. They look really sharp with GB. But not sure about Arum...

God bless,
TT
I was thinking carrera classic in a black (probably gloss) would be a really interesting option on my build since they have the machined face. I have never seen one with that wheel in my area, though. It's nice to have that option available since it's a GTS.

Last edited by markoware; 08-20-2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:11 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
It's frustrating that you can only get alcantara or LWBS seats with a black interior. None of the plethora of other interior color options offer them. I'm concerned that a leather sport plus seat would not offer enough lateral grip for the body during back-road runs.
My understanding is that the SS+ seats are perfect for back road bombing. The LWBS are most helpful on the track...and, of course, they look terrific!

God bless,
TT
Old 08-20-2020, 05:13 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by markoware
I was thinking carrera classic in a black (probably gloss) would be a really interesting option on my build since they have the machined face. I have never seen one with that wheel in my area, though. It's nice to have that option available since it's a GTS.
That would look great, too. So many more options with GTS than GT4. Big advantage.

God bless,
TT
Old 08-20-2020, 05:16 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

This black/chalk combo looks very classy and summery to me. Concern is that chalk leather may be too white and hard to keep clean:

Old 08-20-2020, 05:18 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

My understanding is that the SS+ seats are perfect for back road bombing. The LWBS are most helpful on the track...and, of course, they look terrific!

God bless,
TT
Yes, but SS+ with alcantara would be even better -- less sliding.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:20 PM
markoware
Instructor

That would look great, too. So many more options with GTS than GT4. Big advantage.

God bless,
TT
Yes, I can't wait to see GTS cars delivered to see how people build them. As much as I'd like a Spyder, for my purposes of a potential four season daily driver the GTS options suit me personally better (adaptive cruise, etc). GB kind of sealed it for me, too. Now to sell my 991 turbo so I can pay for it.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:24 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
This black/chalk combo looks very classy and summery to me. Concern is that chalk leather may be too white and hard to keep clean
I considered this as a color combination as well. I am surprised Porsche doesn't list this as a recommended combo with midnight blue, so I assume they wouldn't for GB either. Not sure why, though. For me since it's potentially a daily driver I don't want to deal with keeping it clean. When I've had white leather in the past it has been sort of annoying to keep clean, and that wasn't on daily drivers. Not impossible, just more annoying than I would have liked.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:45 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by hf1
This black/chalk combo looks very classy and summery to me. Concern is that chalk leather may be too white and hard to keep clean:

Looks great but I had a BMW M4 with similar colored upholstery and it started to show dirt very quickly.

Originally Posted by hf1
Yes, but SS+ with alcantara would be even better -- less sliding.
Good point, as in the GT4 and Spyder.

God bless,
TT
Old 08-20-2020, 05:45 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I considered this as a color combination as well. I am surprised Porsche doesn't list this as a recommended combo with midnight blue, so I assume they wouldn't for GB either. Not sure why, though. For me since it's potentially a daily driver I don't want to deal with keeping it clean. When I've had white leather in the past it has been sort of annoying to keep clean, and that wasn't on daily drivers. Not impossible, just more annoying than I would have liked.
Where is this list of recommended combos? Yes, I probably would never order white leather for seats. I just thought the combo looked good when playing around with the config. And if I don't order the LWBS, then I'd probably want alcantara on the SS+ which limits the interior colors to black, unless I strongly prefer a different color combo.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:53 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by hf1
It's frustrating that you can only get alcantara or LWBS seats with a black interior. None of the plethora of other interior color options offer them. I'm concerned that a leather sport plus seat would not offer enough lateral grip for the body during back-road runs. Though that doesn't seem to be a problem with my current Boxster with natural brown leather sport plus seats.
If you get a Spyder with SS+ you can get the Bordeaux/black leather interior with black Alcantara on the seats.

Are you thinking Carrera Sport wheels? I don't see Carrera Classic on the US configurator.

God bless,
TT
Old 08-20-2020, 05:58 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

If you get a Spyder with SS+ you can get the Bordeaux/black leather interior with black Alcantara on the seats.
Boxster GTS 4.0.

Old 08-20-2020, 05:59 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by hf1
Boxster GTS 4.0.
I know, but just wanted to point out the possibility.

God bless,
TT
Old 08-20-2020, 07:22 PM
markoware
Instructor

Are you thinking Carrera Sport wheels? I don't see Carrera Classic on the US configurator.
Yes, I meant carrera sport. I've been playing with the configurator for too many months.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:34 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
Where is this list of recommended combos? Yes, I probably would never order white leather for seats. I just thought the combo looked good when playing around with the config. And if I don't order the LWBS, then I'd probably want alcantara on the SS+ which limits the interior colors to black, unless I strongly prefer a different color combo.
I agree it looks good, which surprised me it wasn't recommended with the midnight blue. I didn't think I wanted alcantara until I drove a 2019 with the GTS interior package. I am a bigger fan of that interior after spending some time with it, but I want something other than black and ventilated seats. Plus I don't trust my passengers not to damage it or cause me cleanup work versus wiping off leather.

The 718 brochure I found has a page towards the end that lists out recommended and partially recommended color combinations. I found it just searching online, but I see the USA brochure that comes up doesn't have the color combination table. This one does on pages 123-124, though: https://files.porsche.com/filestore/...8-Brochure.pdf

Last edited by markoware; 08-20-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread