Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Miami Blue GT4 Just Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 01:14 AM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
If you drive on the track, like I do, a front clear bra is almost mandatory
heck, frequent canyon driving with friends would justify it just as easily. I think if anyone wants to drive these cars alot and wants to keep them looking their best, front end and rocker PPF is a no brainer, easily worth the $2k.
The following users liked this post:
Pokerhobo (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 11:30 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,655 Likes on 2,711 Posts

Originally Posted by Flacht6MT
so in summation, you would get Clear Plex again, well worth the price + maintenance, esp if you're a city with sunny weather year round. ?
Yes, Clearplex even in your example, rocks are not determined by weather and dry sunny weather would actually increase the possibility of abrasive dust setting on the windshield.

I ran my Porsches for a number of years without it and eventually the wiper scratches on the glass became very evident, only recourse would be to replace the windshield, with Clearplex it was a simple film replacement back to pristine OEM glass!
Old 05-18-2020, 11:38 AM
AndyE1976
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Agree - the pitting in my 2013 Boxster screen after 54k miles is pretty bad. I'll definitely be looking to put some film on the GT4.

Clear bra is definitely happening too, I'd also recommend wrapping the rocker panels around the side intake too - that seems to be a place that attracts stones and grit.

Ceramic coatings also hold up well, but for track use film is recommended.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:44 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Clearplex worth every nickel as well as a front end wrap. Especially if your exploring the back road twisties with a couple of close friends.
When you are chasing down a friend you invariably get close enough to receive the rocks his tires throw up, my buddies 911 Targa with those fat 305's out back are brutal for this, Back in 2015 and the Escape to Rushmore, they were redoing the roads in and around the Needles, that surface removal grinding left tons of loose rocks and sand on the road, warm sticky tires throw this up in incredible amounts, the road to Wall Drugs was also being redone, 10 miles of gravel, both Clearplex and PFF saved my car, and got me top dollar on trade-in!

heck, frequent canyon driving with friends would justify it just as easily. I think if anyone wants to drive these cars alot and wants to keep them looking their best, front end and rocker PPF is a no brainer, easily worth the $2k.
Exactly my point, there are those that don't care and make the standard comments and that is their choice, I plan on keeping my car for a long time and want it to look the best without the battle scars and patina that some many are fond of mentioning. I like when people are surprised by the number of miles my ride has and it still looks like it just rolled out of the showroom, I don't need surface damage to prove I drive my car.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:37 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,689 Likes on 928 Posts

Shouldn’t this PPF topic be a separate thread in itself? Not only are we getting a little off topic, but anyone wanting to discuss more now and later will miss this info because it’s buried is a Miami Blue thread.
brandonecpt (05-25-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 02:00 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

That's the key. I don't believe that a car with 54k miles on it should look pristine. It should have some battle scars and look like it has been driven. I don't obsess over a few nicks and I've never had any of cars get a large amount of pitting, even over 100k miles.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:08 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Congrats! Looks stunning. MB and black is my absolutely favorite color combo. Too bad wasn't available when I was buying my 981
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 05-18-2020, 02:19 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
That's the key. I don't believe that a car with 54k miles on it should look pristine. It should have some battle scars and look like it has been driven. I don't obsess over a few nicks and I've never had any of cars get a large amount of pitting, even over 100k miles.
if you drive carefully, probably fine. But I drive like I stole it pretty much, and track it often. If I had no clear bra my p car would have a starry night display on the hood by now. P car noses are so low and angled, theyre rock chip magnets esp in the canyons.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:20 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Anyone on here have a Miami Blue Spyder? In particular, looking for pictures of an example with black wheels and yellow PCCB.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:01 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

if you drive carefully, probably fine. But I drive like I stole it pretty much, and track it often. If I had no clear bra my p car would have a starry night display on the hood by now. P car noses are so low and angled, theyre rock chip magnets esp in the canyons.
I wouldn't track a car without some protection, but as a street car, I just don't see the need to keep the paint pristine. My Porsches have all been 100 percent California canyon cars and I've had no issues with massive stone chips on any of them. I probably pick up one nick on the front of the car every 10k miles and I've never had one that was really noticeable. This car is likely to get a ton of miles in my hands, so I'm just not going to worry about it. All personal preference. I'm super OCD about my cars being clean, but not nick free.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:45 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,689 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
I was also looking at MB but in person, too much green in it for me, at certain angles.

Looks like word on the street, is that its being phased out due to reports of fading/discoloration in warmer climates...@ 1:35:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKUUu1BmAEA
All speculation of which I don’t believe. There is zero mention of this anywhere. If there was an issue with it they would have pulled the color sooner. Miami Blue was first announced it was no longer being offered at the beginning of the year... starting May production, but was pushed out to August. If it was truly an issue they would have killed it like they did with Lizard green... which abruptly discontinued due to quality issues. Porsche has discontinued popular colors after short runs... like Blue Graphite. Honestly believe the are killing Miami due to the new 992 GT3 launch and the wanted a new color, Shark Blue. Porsche has the core colors and it’s short term colors, which come and go... of which Miami is the later.
The_West (09-10-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 12:40 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
....... which abruptly discontinued due to quality issues. Porsche has discontinued popular colors after short runs... like Blue Graphite. ....
Correct, Blue Graphite was also abruptly axed with no prior notice or explanation that I know of. Could that have been a quality issue, though I doubt it.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fantom
Correct, Blue Graphite was also abruptly axed with no prior notice or explanation that I know of. Could that have been a quality issue, though I doubt it.
Too bad because I would have chosen Graphite Blue Metallic for my car...
Old 05-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by fantom
Considering my dealer referred to it as Concrete Blue and said it was a very hard color to sell, my guess is that it got axed due to lack of demand.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:59 PM
Atlas911TT
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

This is killing me. I am looking to put in order for GT4 but I am torn between MIAMI BLUE and CHALK.....

Some of the photos I see online I just love the MB but other looks more like Tiffany Blue (teal).

Anyone that has one or seen one in person please chime it!!!!!

Quick Reply: Miami Blue GT4 Just Arrived