Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Great deal on a 718 Spyder - time to decide

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020 | 07:07 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Old 04-25-2020 | 09:16 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Rocking. It's a beaut ;p
Old 04-25-2020 | 09:25 PM
4MIDABLE
Racer

So the SPyder has white gauge needles? GT4 has yellow. Annoying (facepalm!)
Old 04-25-2020 | 09:48 PM
neil.yoshi
Instructor

That's stunning i'm insanely jealous!
Old 04-25-2020 | 10:01 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DocMo
From the videos, JCR sounds the best so it is on top of my list, but I have a hard time with such a high price tag...I hope we’ll start seeing other options (Cargraphic, AWE, FVD, Soul, Fabspeed...)
I am eagerly awaiting what FVD Brombacher will release. They get what a Porsche should sound like. No jewelry just good performance.
Old 04-25-2020 | 10:09 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
So the SPyder has white gauge needles? GT4 has yellow. Annoying (facepalm!)
What colour were you hoping for? TBH, I never noticed this until it was pointed out they were different.
Old 04-25-2020 | 11:03 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
I am eagerly awaiting what FVD Brombacher will release. They get what a Porsche should sound like. No jewelry just good performance.
I believe FVD rebrands M&M exhausts in the US market, the actual exhaust design is sourced from M&M, they are suppliers to Porsche Cup car teams etc. Have a FVD / M&M unit on my Porsche, sounds good, totally agree. The biggest name in the biz right now for Porsche exhaust / manifolds that show real documented gains is DUNDON, you should check them out if you haven't.
Old 04-26-2020 | 03:59 AM
DocMo
Racer

Originally Posted by neil.yoshi
That's stunning i'm insanely jealous!
thanks, appreciated! I need to add one cosmetic mod to make it perfect to my taste...will share pictures when done but might take few weeks due to COVID19
Old 04-26-2020 | 09:46 AM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Flacht6MT
I believe FVD rebrands M&M exhausts in the US market, the actual exhaust design is sourced from M&M, they are suppliers to Porsche Cup car teams etc. Have a FVD / M&M unit on my Porsche, sounds good, totally agree. The biggest name in the biz right now for Porsche exhaust / manifolds that show real documented gains is DUNDON, you should check them out if you haven't.
I have heard that name bandied about. I will check them out, thanks for the heads up.

I’m not really interested in the power gains my sole priority is to reinstate the sound. And yes it doesn’t have to be exactly as a 981, frankly I think it’s good if the 718 has its own character, I am just looking to get a sound that is as engaging. If of course there are power gains and I can have both then great.

And yes my understanding is that FVD is just M&M rebranded. There’s a few other rebrandings as well if I recall; SpeedArt is another of the same. The whole rebranding thing is strange and confusing, but nevertheless.
Old 04-26-2020 | 11:08 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Westcoast
What colour were you hoping for? TBH, I never noticed this until it was pointed out they were different.
I think the only problem is that the needle colors should change with the dial color, but doesn't. I'm ordering the red dials and would prefer white needles for the contrast, but instead has the orange/yellow needles.
Old 04-26-2020 | 12:08 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
I think the only problem is that the needle colors should change with the dial color, but doesn't. I'm ordering the red dials and would prefer white needles for the contrast, but instead has the orange/yellow needles.
Gotcha, yes my GTS had a Carmine Red tach face under a white needle, it looked awesome.
Old 06-22-2020 | 08:21 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

I've recently become interested in acquiring a Spyder and was shocked to see at least a dozen for sale, and most being offered at MSRP. I didn't think a limited, highly sought after car would be so available, and certainly not at MSRP. I've read on other threads that production has slowed and some people are not buying their cars all because of covid. So what's the story on the market for these now? Will the factory make as originally planned? Will these cars on dealer lots now continue to sit? Is ADM a thing of the past on these? Is it time to buy one or continue waiting? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old 06-22-2020 | 08:40 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
I've recently become interested in acquiring a Spyder and was shocked to see at least a dozen for sale, and most being offered at MSRP. I didn't think a limited, highly sought after car would be so available, and certainly not at MSRP. I've read on other threads that production has slowed and some people are not buying their cars all because of covid. So what's the story on the market for these now? Will the factory make as originally planned? Will these cars on dealer lots now continue to sit? Is ADM a thing of the past on these? Is it time to buy one or continue waiting? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
ADM is pretty much a thing of the past. Unless you "gotta have it now" in one of the "stupid money" areas (looking at you, SF and Silicon Valley) you're going to have no trouble finding one at MSRP.

COVID-19 hit right as the first batch of deliveries were arriving to the US, and even in that batch there were cars that popped up available at dealers that were clearly not specced by the dealership. Most likely reasoning is COVID-19 and people turned down orders.
Currently though, as production is speeding back up and at near full capacity, I'm anticipating the Spyder/GT4 are going to become easier to come by even for allocations (if you're willing to wait). I don't think the cars on lots will sit too long, but most people want to order their GT car exact to specification if they can.
Old 06-22-2020 | 11:16 AM
Dyim
Drifting

I don’t think the current spyder/GT4 is ‘limited’ like GT3, or like the 981 gen.
Old 06-22-2020 | 12:51 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

If you're in the market for a Spyder, I don't think there is any benefit to waiting. You will be able to find a configurable car at MSRP. Get on it.

Quick Reply: Great deal on a 718 Spyder - time to decide