Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

manual folding mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 12:57 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 259 Posts

everybody needs the fire extinguisher... you never know what could happen on a commute to work!
Old 04-05-2020, 11:07 AM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kart125
everybody needs the fire extinguisher... you never know what could happen on a commute to work!
If you buy a gt4 , you have to do DE at Tremblant ! Fire extinguisher is mandatory for it.

Last edited by gt3rs.; 04-12-2020 at 04:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kart125 (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 11:10 AM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Cool to hear after 4 years of ownership, thanks for weighing in!

I am talking about the Spyder so it is a bit different, but I am in for LWBS, PCCB and that fire extinguisher too.

The other options are cosmetic but for a Spyder and long term ownership they would be nice to have.
My gt4 was the first and only car i bought an extended warranty in my life . For me it is a keeper !
Old 04-05-2020, 11:15 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3rs.
If you buy a gt4 , you have to do DE at Tremblant ! Fire extinguisher is mandatory for it.
Thanks for the tip. I like Tremblant. Did some lap days with Viper Club. Looking forward to do some laps in a GT4, realistically in 2021! We could meet up there!
gt3rs. (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3rs.
My gt4 was the first and only car i bought an extended warranty in my life . For me it is a keeper !
I view the incoming Spyder the same way and I am considering the extended warranty as well.
gt3rs. (04-05-2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 06:27 AM
Mr.Brick
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts

I make you laugh...

I didn’t spec the folding mirrors on my Spyder build to save weight in a high part of the car : )

Also in my roads it happens to close only the driver’s one in some narrow situations, leaving the right opened to check the distance from a wall or a sidewalk ...thing impossible with the electrically folding mirrors as you always close both with a touch afaik
Dbridges (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 11:58 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

Thoughts around these comments, anytime I drive my Porsche I was aware of how others might react and today given the world situation the reactions could be even stronger, but in normal times (is there such a thing?) everybody makes different choices about life, effort and the paths they choose. Everything I have acquired in life I have worked for, I am not extravagant in the way I live or what I have with the one exception of the Porsche, it is my one reward for the decades of weekends and nights spent away from family and friends, I am reserved in my reaction but refuse to make an apology to anyone who questions my desire to have this car.
Well said... I did use to feel bad pulling up to the office in a P but that has view has faded in recent years.... that being said I am waiting for a winter build maybe even wait till 2021 build maybe there is a GT4RS by then... If it was not for looking at this car and watches I would be going crazy.
Westcoast (04-12-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 12:33 AM
tthellott T
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I spec'd folding mirror because of filling up the empty button; just like I spec heated bucket seats for my Spyder even though I probably won't use it
just a little money, honestly, I don't understand why struggling... maybe for saving weight then personal diet/sport and PCCB shouldn't be ignored~
Old 04-12-2020, 01:30 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 660 Likes on 344 Posts

I have power folding mirrors on my current 981CGTS and have it set to auto-fold whenever I park which helps with a little more buffer from the car parked next to me. Ordered them for my 718 GT4 as well. Doesn't cost that much and works well.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

Thoughts around these comments, anytime I drive my Porsche I was aware of how others might react and today given the world situation the reactions could be even stronger, but in normal times (is there such a thing?) everybody makes different choices about life, effort and the paths they choose. Everything I have acquired in life I have worked for, I am not extravagant in the way I live or what I have with the one exception of the Porsche, it is my one reward for the decades of weekends and nights spent away from family and friends, I am reserved in my reaction but refuse to make an apology to anyone who questions my desire to have this car.
I think we all get driven a little crazy with Porsche options, I looked over every option on the configurator, they tempt us for one reason or another, for me some are easy others not so and if you are trying to stay within a budget limit it is even tougher! They are in a sense personal even if anybody can check the same box, your combination will likely be unique.

I looked at the illuminated sills, and although they would be cool I find I drive this car much more during the daylight hours so their effect is diminished, but you know if I did have them I would be standing there in the dark looking at them!

Good luck!
I have clicked and un clicked this option at least 37 times.... I have had P with it and without it.... Its so feaking cool when you have it and see it at night, but if most of driving is day just never notice it.
sonicworld (08-12-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 02:24 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Toothengineer
I have clicked and un clicked this option at least 37 times.... I have had P with it and without it.... Its so feaking cool when you have it and see it at night, but if most of driving is day just never notice it.
You know you want them, just go for it!
Old 08-12-2020, 10:10 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
I have power folding mirrors on my current 981CGTS and have it set to auto-fold whenever I park which helps with a little more buffer from the car parked next to me. Ordered them for my 718 GT4 as well. Doesn't cost that much and works well.
That is too cool! Do the courtesy lights do a good job of lighting up the ground? Do they light up when you press unlock on the key phob? Do they also auto unfold or do you have to start the car for that to happen?
Old 08-13-2020, 03:30 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Illusive991
  • White dials (SC plus tachometer) were a no brainer for me, I love the look of white dials
I love the look of white dials too, I have them on my 997 but the symmetry is off with only 2 of the dials being white and the third dial is TFT black .
Old 08-13-2020, 09:02 AM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
That is too cool! Do the courtesy lights do a good job of lighting up the ground? Do they light up when you press unlock on the key phob? Do they also auto unfold or do you have to start the car for that to happen?
Honestly have not done a lot of night drives so have never noticed them. Just checked and with key in ignition they do not light up when unfolding. You can program them to close and open on start and shut off. You also have a button on your key fob for this as well.
sonicworld (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 09:46 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FASTRKMAN
Honestly have not done a lot of night drives so have never noticed them. Just checked and with key in ignition they do not light up when unfolding. You can program them to close and open on start and shut off. You also have a button on your key fob for this as well.
Button to do what?

Quick Reply: manual folding mirrors?