Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

No lift shift in 718 GT4/Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020 | 10:12 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Delete
Old 02-14-2020 | 01:19 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
So you kept the throttle pinned, depressed the clutch pedal, shifted and then let the clutch pedal up, on a car without no lift shift? What happened when you did that?
Yes, you use the Rev limiter hard cut instead which is a much faster way than the programmed soft cut ‘no lift shift’ feature that some have

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
Rennolazine (02-20-2020)
Old 02-14-2020 | 01:23 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Yes, you use the Rev limiter hard cut instead which is a much faster way than the programmed soft cut ‘no lift shift’ feature that some have

JC
Listen at 0:37 for an example of the above

The other shifts are just regular shifts..

Also had the auto blip off for this, again must faster doing this manually than expecting the computer to sort it out for you

JC
Old 02-14-2020 | 01:55 PM
arek
Instructor

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

JC
Ah, interesting. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 02-14-2020 | 02:23 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Perhaps this is what Roger Baily is doing in this video, using that hard limiter...

When I first watched this I cringed at what I heard and saw, to me hearing the sound of the engine being cut by the computer, well just lets say it sounds abusive and bad at the same time!

Old 02-14-2020 | 05:34 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Perhaps this is what Roger Baily is doing in this video, using that hard limiter...

When I first watched this I cringed at what I heard and saw, to me hearing the sound of the engine being cut by the computer, well just lets say it sounds abusive and bad at the same time!

https://youtu.be/Z0ckAYNdfB8?t=240
WOW!!

This is HOW NOT to do it.... RIP clutch

JC

Old 02-14-2020 | 07:20 PM
Hmet
Instructor

I am certain now that my car doesn’t have a no lift shift. I also didn’t do any of that horror that’s being done to the Miami blue car featured in the above video.
‘I haven’t revved past 4500 rpm, but the torque up that point is really sweet. Had to say it again!
also the car is by far the most compliant GT I have got to try.
Old 02-14-2020 | 07:24 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hmet
I am certain now that my car doesn’t have a no lift shift. I also didn’t do any of that horror that’s being done to the Miami blue car featured in the above video.
‘I haven’t revved past 4500 rpm, but the torque up that point is really sweet. Had to say it again!
also the car is by far the most compliant GT I have got to try.
Kudo's for taking it easy during break-in that IMHO is the best plan!

As for 'most compliant' do you mean with respect to a acceptable ride given the suspension?

Cheers!
Old 02-14-2020 | 07:32 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Kudo's for taking it easy during break-in that IMHO is the best plan!

As for 'most compliant' do you mean with respect to a acceptable ride given the suspension?

Cheers!
I mean i don't agree with the video here saying that the ride firmness is a trade off. The car provides good control but isnt too firm at all.
Basis for reference : 991.2 gt3, 991 gt2rs (these two are also liveable but the spyder is two notches more comfortable)
Old 02-14-2020 | 07:37 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I mean i don't agree with the video here saying that the ride firmness is a trade off. The car provides good control but isnt too firm at all.
Basis for reference : 991.2 gt3, 991 gt2rs (these two are also liveable but the spyder is two notches more comfortable)
Awesome, glad to hear this as the Spyder will be my first GT car and I plan to drive it a lot and I am sure not all of the roads will be skid pad smooth!

Henry's review (Carfection) made comments that match yours, a great suspension even on less then ideal roads.
Old 02-14-2020 | 11:03 PM
arek
Instructor

I am certain now that my car doesn’t have a no lift shift.
Yeah, that seems to be the conclusion. Oh well, we definitely won't have less fun driving because of that.

Would like AP to explain himself though
Old 03-04-2020 | 10:03 AM
Johisco
Instructor

If it is not an insignificant reason why I ordered the car, can I claim compensation? AP clearly said it will have the feature and now it does not...

Yes I understand that others does not care about the function but I loved it in my GT3 and used it all the time on track.
Old 03-04-2020 | 10:41 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Johisco
If it is not an insignificant reason why I ordered the car, can I claim compensation? AP clearly said it will have the feature and now it does not...

Yes I understand that others does not care about the function but I loved it in my GT3 and used it all the time on track.
Although I can understand your disappointment, I am not so sure that you would be in a position to claim compensation...

Do you have any official statements or specifications from Porsche that this feature was advertised as a feature in the car?
Old 03-04-2020 | 12:27 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Johisco

I use it all the time also, but it offers almost nothing in performance (lap time) and the "neat" factor wears off pretty easily. If my GT3 stopped having this feature, I wouldn't lose any sleep...
Old 03-04-2020 | 12:55 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG
I use it all the time also, but it offers almost nothing in performance (lap time) and the "neat" factor wears off pretty easily. If my GT3 stopped having this feature, I wouldn't lose any sleep...
Although certainly not a deal breaker, it would be nice to have on the new car...

Quick Reply: No lift shift in 718 GT4/Spyder