Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 Build close to lock - let's talk options

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 06:55 PM
philisme
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also ticked Apple Car Play instead of the Nav option (because the Nav is so expensive and not very user friendly)

On the Belgian (and UK) Car Configurator, the "Chrono Package and preparation for lap trigger" is ~580USD and it's stated :
Comprising an analogue stopwatch on the dashboard, a digital stopwatch function in the instrument cluster and performance display in Porsche Communication Management (PCM).
The cabling preparation for lap trigger implements support for the lap trigger available separately from Porsche Tequipment for automated and highly precise lap timing control. The results can then be analysed and compared on your smartphone thanks to the Porsche Track Precision app offered as standard
=> "as standard", so it means to me that I don't need the Nav(+connect) for the chrono function...

But, on the Nav option, they say it includes the "Porsche Connect" :
Navigation Module incl. Porsche Connect
And on the App Store, we can read this (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/porsch...on/id906372410) :
The new Track Precision App 3.0 is completely redesigned and includes many improvements for the use on the racetrack.

Available for the following Porsche models:
The Porsche Track Precision App is available for all Boxster, Cayman and 911 models, as well as for all GT vehicles with model improvements from CW45/16. The Porsche Communication Management (PCM) version 4.0, as well as the equipment options Connect Plus and Sport Chrono Package are required to use the app.

It also continues to be available for older GT vehicles from CW22/14 with the option (643) "Sport Chrono package including Porsche Track Precision App and lap trigger preparation".
And on the US Car Configurator, we can read in the info section of the "Navigation including Porsche Connect" option:
Porsche Track Precision App: The Porsche Track Precision App can only be used in conjunction with the "Navigation including Porsche Connect" option. It allows the driver to record, display and analyze detailed driving data on a smartphone. Lap times can be stopped and compared on a smartphone automatically using a precise 10-Hz GPS signal from the PCM. The app displays the driving dynamics graphically on the smartphone during race track use and, in addition to the sector and lap times, also shows deviations compared to a set reference lap time. A graphical analysis of the driving data and a video analysis help drivers to further improve their driving performance. Recordings, lap profiles and driver profiles can be managed and shared directly via the smartphone.
I'm lost.... Does the Porsche Track Precision App works is the car is not equiped with Porsche Connect ?

From US Car Configurator :

Old 10-19-2019, 07:37 PM
ZVDS
Track Day

Originally Posted by rouxeny
Sports chrono seems like a glorified and expensive clock in this car.

Doesn’t the leather/alcantara interior with deviated stitching include a leather dash?
There are 2 separate dash sections that can be covered in leather.
The visible part in front of you will be leather with the deviated stitching option. (I'm getting this).
The 2nd option is the upper dash (against the windscreen) and is unnecessary in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:11 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by ZVDS
The visible part in front of you will be leather with the deviated stitching option. (I'm getting this).
The 2nd option is the upper dash (against the windscreen) and is unnecessary in my opinion.

got it. That’s what I thought also.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:52 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by ZVDS

I also includes the side plates on the side of the dash.....
Old 10-21-2019, 06:19 PM
philisme
2nd Gear

my salesman confirmed for the Track Precision app : no Nav= no Porsche Connect = No Track Precision
The following users liked this post:
9-X-I (01-11-2022)
Old 10-21-2019, 06:49 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by philisme
my salesman confirmed for the Track Precision app : no Nav= no Porsche Connect = No Track Precision
Thanks for confirming. I know there are better aftermarket timers but I thought it would be cool to play with.
I can't justify the cost for just a clock. Passing.

Quick Reply: GT4 Build close to lock - let's talk options