Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: What color are you selecting for your build?
White
8.10%
Black
4.86%
Guards Red
6.07%
Racing Yellow
6.07%
Carrara White Metallic
5.67%
Gentian Blue Metallic
17.00%
GT Silver Metallic
18.62%
Chalk / Crayon
18.22%
Miami Blue
9.72%
Other / PTS
5.67%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What exterior color are you selecting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020 | 03:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yellow Submarine
In my experience, Miami Blue appears different under different light, unlike Racing Yellow, which pops all the time. I think it's to do with the green in the mix. I would definitively pick MB if I lived in Florida

But I really like the fact that Yellow is the rarest choice after black. Remarkable since it's free of charge and it's a joyful color on a joyful car...
Yellow is a great choice for the car, it was my first choice actually, plus the fact it is not the most popular colour makes it all that much better!

But I have had 2 yellow Porsches already and want something different this time...

Last edited by Westcoast; 02-11-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2020 | 03:45 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
I don’t do C&C so not a problem for me. If you’re looking for a larger color pallet perhaps GTS is the way to go?
Some of the best conversations and most unique cars show up at Cars and Coffee!

As for the GTS (to open the colour palate) as opposed to the Spyder/GT4, that is what I am coming from... My question was more philosophical, one of perspective not availability,

I will not pay for PTS but it would be tempting if Nardo Grey were available!
Old 02-11-2020 | 03:49 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I went for the Spyder and not the GT4 I payed the deposit for, mainly because it's now a proper GT car but dressed in lingerie. IMO, it looks stunning in any of the available colors.

But my outgoing 981 2.7 was racing yellow which is a color that gave me great joy hence I choose RY again. There are just to many dark and grey-ish cars on the road. I have to look at these awful deadly boring car hues all the time in traffic which is why I specked the sport chrono clock (not the other instruments) in RY also hence I can have that yellow clock in sight below when I look out the front window at those boring other cars .

But that's the only yellow in the interior as I prefer black leather. No yellow stitching or seatbelts for me! I also changed the standard racing yellow trim slats and the alcantara steering wheel plus gear lever cover to black leather (free of charge).

Mine will be the sexiest Spyder ever!
You have caused me to review my choice. Also I would have gone with Signal Yellow should my PTS request have been approved on the GT3. Do you have more pics of your RY Spyder you can post?
Old 02-11-2020 | 06:15 PM
disden
Drifting

Miami Blue is stunning, but needs to be balanced out with black accents or else it gets too washed out looking. I initially had my build that color for Gt4, but just couldn’t see myself driving that around daily....it’s a „hey look at me!!!“ color, I want to avoid that. But it’s awesome and jealous of people who are ordering it.
The following 2 users liked this post by disden:
n4v4nod (02-11-2020), TYPE911 (08-31-2020)
Old 02-12-2020 | 03:37 AM
Yellow Submarine
Racer

I haven't done my best to try and make good pictures as it's winter time but here are some. The 5th was taken by my girlfriend with her cheap phone which messes up the colors it it's a nice frame. Close to Cap Blanc Nez, France.

Old 02-12-2020 | 12:47 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I haven't done my best to try and make good pictures as it's winter time but here are some. The 5th was taken by my girlfriend with her cheap phone which messes up the colors it it's a nice frame. Close to Cap Blanc Nez, France.
Thanks!

Looks good. Would you describe the yellow as subdued or punchy bright or something else?
Old 02-12-2020 | 12:55 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SToronto
Thanks!

Looks good. Would you describe the yellow as subdued or punchy bright or something else?
Racing Yellow is definitely not subdued!
Previously, had Speed Yellow and I thought it was bright until I took delivery of Racing Yellow...it's bright!
Old 02-12-2020 | 12:56 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Some of the best conversations and most unique cars show up at Cars and Coffee!

As for the GTS (to open the colour palate) as opposed to the Spyder/GT4, that is what I am coming from... My question was more philosophical, one of perspective not availability,

I will not pay for PTS but it would be tempting if Nardo Grey were available!
Tried it on the fancy side of town. Ferrari guys show up at once revving their engines in unison to make a statement. Although I don’t mind an informal get together to grab a beer.

I can feel your pain for lack of color choice. Nardo Grey would be cool. Im still daydreaming about Carmine Red.

The most important thing to me is the opportunity to get the love child (718 Spyder) between my old 6GT3 and my current 987 Spyder. 🏎

The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020 | 01:00 PM
Yellow Submarine
Racer

Originally Posted by JSF101
Racing Yellow is definitely not subdued!
Previously, had Speed Yellow and I thought it was bright until I took delivery of Racing Yellow...it's bright!
Yes, it always pops, comes shine or rain!
Old 02-12-2020 | 01:29 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I've never been a fan of Miami blue; almost hated it in fact. But I really like it on the GT4, particularly with platinum wheels. I truly believe that there are certain colors for certain cars, and MB just works on the GT4. I feel the same about Chalk, don't like it on most cars, but for some reason I think it really works on the Spyder with black wheels. Horses for courses.
The following 2 users liked this post by Archimedes:
JPMD (03-02-2020), n4v4nod (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020 | 07:22 PM
JonnyD72
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Tried it on the fancy side of town. Ferrari guys show up at once revving their engines in unison to make a statement. Although I don’t mind an informal get together to grab a beer.

I can feel your pain for lack of color choice. Nardo Grey would be cool. Im still daydreaming about Carmine Red.

The most important thing to me is the opportunity to get the love child (718 Spyder) between my old 6GT3 and my current 987 Spyder. 🏎
Ever been to The Shop? Very chill and cool atmosphere from what I've experienced there.....

The Shop
Old 03-02-2020 | 04:42 PM
jayson
Rennlist Member

At the moment I am leaning toward Miami Blue with Aurum Wheels.

Quick Reply: Poll: What exterior color are you selecting?