Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: What color are you selecting for your build?
White
8.10%
Black
4.86%
Guards Red
6.07%
Racing Yellow
6.07%
Carrara White Metallic
5.67%
Gentian Blue Metallic
17.00%
GT Silver Metallic
18.62%
Chalk / Crayon
18.22%
Miami Blue
9.72%
Other / PTS
5.67%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What exterior color are you selecting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 02:47 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 196 Posts

I'm very surprised Gentian Blue Metallic has this many votes. The color in the configurator
doesn't look like it does in person. Hopefully people will check it out in person before they order.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:51 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 215 Posts

Gentian Blue is very dark especially in lower light conditions. Apologies upfront for the crappy iPhone pictures with my reflection. The comparison is to my aqua blue metallic 987.2 Spyder.

In direct light.

In the shaded side of the dealership.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:28 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Black
Old 08-29-2019, 04:47 PM
mdork
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Gentian Blue is very dark especially in lower light conditions. Apologies upfront for the crappy iPhone pictures with my reflection. The comparison is to my aqua blue metallic 987.2 Spyder.

In direct light.

In the shaded side of the dealership.
Thanks for sharing - I’ve been looking at Gentian blue cars at the local Porsche store but helps to see next to my all time favorite Aqua Blue. Porsche need to bring it back!
Old 08-29-2019, 10:42 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 215 Posts

Aqua blue metallic and Carmine red are my favorites.
The following users liked this post:
mdork (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 12:27 AM
bruinmd
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default For those of you getting chalk......

...........are any of you getting the Spyder interior to go with it?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ragerard
Chalk to match my GT3 Touring.
I was going to go with MB to match my GT3T but now leaning G Red. Have CWM and Silver which I like but I think the Spyder color should be louder.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:21 AM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Miami Blue and ready for striping. Saw the GB on the 992 looks classy. Just thought it hid the aero bits but some peeps like that so another great choice. For what it's worth the SA thought GB was they way to go but who listens to the teacher.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:22 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

I am the most tempted by yellow, but I’m not sure if people eventually get tired of owning a yellow car.

if not that, then GR.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:36 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by rouxeny
I am the most tempted by yellow, but I’m not sure if people eventually get tired of owning a yellow car.

if not that, then GR.
My 981 Gt4 is Racing Yellow and love how it pops under any kind of light. RY is great if you like loud, "look at me" colors, which usually go very well with GT cars.
In my case I always loved all kinds of Yellows so 4 years into owning this one I'm still happy with it.
For the 718 GT4 I may do a change but so far the colors available are not something I like too much so either RY again or may just pick white.
Still crossing my fingers on Lizard Green as they recently added the seat belts to the configurator.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:26 PM
jayson
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
My 981 Gt4 is Racing Yellow and love how it pops under any kind of light. RY is great if you like loud, "look at me" colors, which usually go very well with GT cars.
In my case I always loved all kinds of Yellows so 4 years into owning this one I'm still happy with it.
For the 718 GT4 I may do a change but so far the colors available are not something I like too much so either RY again or may just pick white.
Still crossing my fingers on Lizard Green as they recently added the seat belts to the configurator.
Out of curiosity, did you also go with the interior bits? (stitching / belts / etc) or do you think it's too much yellow?
Old 10-09-2019, 03:37 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jayson
Out of curiosity, did you also go with the interior bits? (stitching / belts / etc) or do you think it's too much yellow?

I do have the interior bits to go with it...belts, stitching, floor mats with stitching, extended leather, steering column, inner door sills, etc. As long as it's just stitching it's OK and IMO looks good.
Now if you do the door, center console and dash trim in exterior color then I think it's too much...maybe white car with those pieces in white could be OK but still too much color inside.
On the 981 you could spec the A/C vents slats in exterior or deviated color but that's gone on the 718, that may be Ok as you mostly see just the front edge and adds a bit of color on the dash....maybe we can do a CXX option of those for a lot of $$$$$!!!!!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:58 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I do have the interior bits to go with it...belts, stitching, floor mats with stitching, extended leather, steering column, inner door sills, etc. As long as it's just stitching it's OK and IMO looks good.
Now if you do the door, center console and dash trim in exterior color then I think it's too much...maybe white car with those pieces in white could be OK but still too much color inside.
On the 981 you could spec the A/C vents slats in exterior or deviated color but that's gone on the 718, that may be Ok as you mostly see just the front edge and adds a bit of color on the dash....maybe we can do a CXX option of those for a lot of $$$$$!!!!!

Definitely think the car works better with a brighter color. There’s not going to be any stealth or sleeper car aspect to the GT4!

If I do yellow, I’d also go for the stitching and belts in yellow. Not the trim though, I do think there’s a thing as too much yellow.

If I may ask, what color are your wheels? Would love to see some photos of a yellow car with silver wheels as opposed to anything darker.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:38 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rouxeny
Definitely think the car works better with a brighter color. There’s not going to be any stealth or sleeper car aspect to the GT4!

If I do yellow, I’d also go for the stitching and belts in yellow. Not the trim though, I do think there’s a thing as too much yellow.

If I may ask, what color are your wheels? Would love to see some photos of a yellow car with silver wheels as opposed to anything darker.
Agreed...you could have too much Yellow on the inside if you go crazy.
My wheels are platinum (dark grey)...I do have a set of Black Forgeline for track duty. If you ask me...I prefer the platinum on Racing Yellow.
Silver wheels at least for my taste is not a good color on RY...does look good on black or white.
rouxeny (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 02:24 AM
Yellow Submarine
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

I went for the Spyder and not the GT4 I payed the deposit for, mainly because it's now a proper GT car but dressed in lingerie. IMO, it looks stunning in any of the available colors.

But my outgoing 981 2.7 was racing yellow which is a color that gave me great joy hence I choose RY again. There are just to many dark and grey-ish cars on the road. I have to look at these awful deadly boring car hues all the time in traffic which is why I specked the sport chrono clock (not the other instruments) in RY also hence I can have that yellow clock in sight below when I look out the front window at those boring other cars .

But that's the only yellow in the interior as I prefer black leather. No yellow stitching or seatbelts for me! I also changed the standard racing yellow trim slats and the alcantara steering wheel plus gear lever cover to black leather (free of charge).

Mine will be the sexiest Spyder ever!
jayson (10-10-2019)

Quick Reply: Poll: What exterior color are you selecting?