Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 04:56 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
I’m not being obtuse but is an ADM considered a deposit? I always assumed so but this has made me wonder.

I wonder what agreement was signed in this instance.
no but some dealers will take the ADM as a deposit. For my GT4 I had a 20k Adm but my deposit was 10k. My current incoming Boxster is MSRP but I still placed a 2500$ deposit when I placed my order.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:34 PM
neteng101
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
I wonder what agreement was signed in this instance.
For allocation builds, its basically a contract to purchase the car with a non refundable deposit. Any ADM is negotiated upfront, added to the purchase agreement.

Just happens in this case, the ADM amount was also the deposit. Depending on what's on the agreement, if PTS isn't called out directly as part of the contract, then the purchaser might be SOL in this instance if its a binding contract they signed on, wire transfers are final too. They're still getting a 4RS, just not with PTS, the extra for the PTS will come off the final purchase price when the car is delivered, ADM doesn't change.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by neteng101
For allocation builds, its basically a contract to purchase the car with a non refundable deposit. Any ADM is negotiated upfront, added to the purchase agreement.

Just happens in this case, the ADM amount was also the deposit. Depending on what's on the agreement, if PTS isn't called out directly as part of the contract, then the purchaser might be SOL in this instance if its a binding contract they signed on, wire transfers are final too. They're still getting a 4RS, just not with PTS, the extra for the PTS will come off the final purchase price when the car is delivered, ADM doesn't change.
However as the dealership is in California, it is illegal for them to take a deposit that is non-refundable. They legally cannot put in the contract that the deposit is non-refundable.

The other parts i do agree with though, however i do know color is a big deal breaker for many people and so i can understand wanting your deposit back and to pull out of the order.
The following users liked this post:
neteng101 (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 03:19 PM
neteng101
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
However as the dealership is in California, it is illegal for them to take a deposit that is non-refundable. They legally cannot put in the contract that the deposit is non-refundable.
Ah didn't know this - more states need such laws!
Old 04-24-2024, 04:49 PM
GT4RSYMPHONY
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by neteng101
Ah didn't know this - more states need such laws!
100%. No dealerships should be able to keep deposits
Old 04-24-2024, 08:23 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 372 Likes on 212 Posts

Speaking of Cali, I got a message from a store that has a Spyder RS allocation. I'm waiting to hear what their ask is going to be.
(813) 838-8758
Old 04-25-2024, 01:54 PM
higx
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Update 2

I didn't hear back from PCNA so I called back today. Different agent, put me on hold to go over the case notes. Comes back off hold to tell me there is nothing they can do. I pressed him "So you mean to tell me, a dealership with your name and branding, is essentially committing fraud, and there is nothing you are able to do? You have no recourse whatsoever if one of your branded dealerships is damaging your brand?" -- to which he replied correct. So now I have a combination of things to consider. 1.) I call the Pasadena Police - This dealership is in violation of California Vehicle Code VEH 11736 Section C:
"(c) Fail to refund any purchase money, including purchase deposits, upon demand by a consumer at any time prior to the consumer’s signing of a vehicle purchase agreement with a selling dealer and taking delivery of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement." 2.) Try to get direct hold of the GM. 3.) Retain counsel and have them write a letter. 4.) open up a fraud cause with my bank

I'm inclined to do option 1 and 2 and the same time before I go spending money on an attorney. What i'm most shocked at this point, is PCNA, who normally has a good reputation holding dealerships accountable, is completely writing this off.

Originally Posted by higx
UPDATE on my fun journey:
Since I have a case open with PCNA, i'm doing as instructed. I went into my branch today, explained the dealership is requesting that I recall the wire (sent on Jan 31 2024) and of course the banker looked at me like I have a clown nose. She went on to tell me that in her 19 years of banking, she has never heard of such a thing but she will call her wire operations office. After she was put on hold, transferred etc... she told me that if I open a Fraud case, they can send it to their fraud team and if it works out, it could take weeks. I thanked her for the time and called PCNA back.

I call PCNA, they pull up my case and I relay the above. PCNA then places me on hold, only to return a few minutes later and said she spoke with the dealers Finance department, and that they are not allowed to send checks or wires. Finance told her she would have to speak with the general sales manager first who isn't available. She then said she will be working on this and will get back to me by COB today. She agreed this is unusual, apologized etc... Best I could tell she was a little shocked to get the same run-around i've been getting.

I've run businesses, unfortunately employees occasionally drop the ball, so it's not my style to hop on a forum and name-and-shame. But from where I sit now, I don't mind saying Rusnak Porsche in Pasadena California appears to be a complete ****show from the Top down. I'm confident i'll get my money, I'm a little shocked by the utter disrespect for the Porsche brand Rusnak showed towards corporate. It's my advice to Rennlisters to avoid Rusnak. good luck. I'll report back the final resolution. It's a bummer. I buy the cars, do the schools, do the vacations etc.. I really wanted an Acid Green GT4rs.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:59 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 99 Posts

Did you sign a contract upfront? What did it say? Attorney is your best course of action. Police aren’t going to be much help in this instance. Also have you gone in and asked to see the GM? Don’t leave until you talk to him.
Old 04-25-2024, 02:14 PM
Mister Dre
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by higx
Update 2

I didn't hear back from PCNA so I called back today. Different agent, put me on hold to go over the case notes. Comes back off hold to tell me there is nothing they can do. I pressed him "So you mean to tell me, a dealership with your name and branding, is essentially committing fraud, and there is nothing you are able to do? You have no recourse whatsoever if one of your branded dealerships is damaging your brand?" -- to which he replied correct. So now I have a combination of things to consider. 1.) I call the Pasadena Police - This dealership is in violation of California Vehicle Code VEH 11736 Section C:
"(c) Fail to refund any purchase money, including purchase deposits, upon demand by a consumer at any time prior to the consumer’s signing of a vehicle purchase agreement with a selling dealer and taking delivery of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement." 2.) Try to get direct hold of the GM. 3.) Retain counsel and have them write a letter. 4.) open up a fraud cause with my bank

I'm inclined to do option 1 and 2 and the same time before I go spending money on an attorney. What i'm most shocked at this point, is PCNA, who normally has a good reputation holding dealerships accountable, is completely writing this off.
I would make a sign stating the situation, something like " This Porsche dealer steals deposits!!!!". Stand in front of the dealer with it, and I would almost guarantee they will bring you inside and work something out.
Old 04-25-2024, 02:59 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Have a Cali store with a GT4RS allocation that may be available. June build with September delivery. They're asking 50k over MSRP.
The following 2 users liked this post by bpeacock:
Juggy (04-25-2024), TXshaggy (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 03:01 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Thanks Ben, always good to know if this is open nationwide or smaller market.

Let's try to get this back on track and allocations.
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 03:04 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Thanks Ben, always good to know if this is open nationwide or smaller market.

Let's try to get this back on track and allocations.
You're right, my bad! This store typically lets me sell to out of state clients. I also think they may help me out on the ADM as well.

Last edited by bpeacock; 04-25-2024 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:25 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
Have a Cali store with a GT4RS allocation that may be available. June build with September delivery. They're asking 50k over MSRP.
Man I thought they were down to around 20-30K.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:36 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by josephr25
Rumors of production ending in September and no MY25 with most allocations already being taken so I have a feeling dealers know this and are starting to creep up the asks.
The following 2 users liked this post by cooler2442:
Airbag997 (04-25-2024), Knutsm01 (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 04:08 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by josephr25
I feel like with some leg work you might be able to get this but I could be wrong. Barely used ones are getting much closer to MSRP which might help your case.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker