Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: How are you going to spec your 718 GT4?
Stripper
26.70%
Well Equipped
54.45%
Fully Optioned
18.85%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

718 GT4 Build Specs - Let's see them

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 10:50 AM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

Fire Extinguisher under Passenger's Seat according to US Config (click on the info tab)
Old 06-28-2019, 11:49 AM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
hmmm I'm not following you, if you select Leather/Alcantara® Interior in Black with Red Stitching its $2,160 and if you get red/yellow stitching its an additional $1500 for deviated stitching for a total of $3,660. This gives you the "full leather" package. The cost for the carbon package with and without full leather is the same, $790. Now if you go with the base plastic dash/doors and add the DB Carbon trim which is $480, you save $3,180. This gives you a plastic dash and the full carbon look. Yes if you want to add carbon sills for $1,210 that's an option but the discussion was to NOT get full leather but get the carbon trim and keep it symmetrical by adding the DB carbon door trim.
I forgot about the stitching. doh. My bad. I've probably decided against the leather except the steering column leather. Will go with the easily amused carbon fiber upgrades I had originally wanted. Spec at 118k now. Probably won't get the PCCB but I like the idea of getting them and then swapping to iron just so I have them. Probably too much money for casual track days though.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:09 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
@bk_911 I like your build but considering where you work, I do not understand what this option is needed for "Audio and Communication Smartphone Compartment". To my understanding it's needed in Europe to increase the cell phone signal by using the cars external antenna or something?! I thought the dual zone climate control is a necessary option but I find myself with the windows down pretty often and always modulate the temp and fan on my own, I might not waste the $700 on my build. I currently have a 718 GTS loaner, yes the car sounds terrible but I'm really digging the PDK transmission. I'd love to order one of the first GT4's from my dealer but I'd also like to try a GT4 with PDK. hmmmmm
I didn't know that about the cell phone thing. I just figured it would boost signal in the compartment. Maybe I'll remove that option.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:54 AM
outie
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nseniwong
Placed my order in Demand Release System yesterday.

Just curious, what's the demand release system? Is that an order being placed by your dealer? My dealer says allocation won't be available until Q4 and will let me know when they have more info. Should I be asking a different dealer? TIA.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:42 AM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 151 Posts

I believe demand release order means the dealer has submitted to pcna that they a customer who has interest in a car. From there, pcna can assess demand and hopefully allot allocations to your dealership to fill all orders. It doesn't mean you are guaranteed a car. I don't when allocations are coming out. I'm hearing different things. As I'm aware no dealers in us have allocations yet. I would probably stick to the dealer if you have a sense they'll deliver on their end
Old 07-13-2019, 02:21 PM
outie
Track Day

Originally Posted by MEM82
I believe demand release order means the dealer has submitted to pcna that they a customer who has interest in a car. From there, pcna can assess demand and hopefully allot allocations to your dealership to fill all orders. It doesn't mean you are guaranteed a car. I don't when allocations are coming out. I'm hearing different things. As I'm aware no dealers in us have allocations yet. I would probably stick to the dealer if you have a sense they'll deliver on their end
Thanks for the explanation. Really appreciate it. I wonder why they don’t take a demand release order from me then.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:59 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by outie
Thanks for the explanation. Really appreciate it. I wonder why they don’t take a demand release order from me then.
Np. I would read too much into it.
They didn't take one from me either.

One thing I did and what id recommend is....
Go to the configurator, create a build code...and there is a tab where you can send the build code to the dealer. In the comment section you can write here is my build code to create my demand order.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:16 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by outie

maybe @nseniwong is not the USA? (are EU, ROW or Canada taking demand release orders?)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:31 PM
outie
Track Day

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
maybe @nseniwong is not the USA? (are EU, ROW or Canada taking demand release orders?)
Pricing seems to be in USD though.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:05 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 404 Posts

I have wrestled with this question, too: Stripper, mid build, crazy build. I have a 981 built just the way I wanted it (with the possible exception of no auto-dimming mirrors, which is frustrating and stupid for a $100k car). When thinking about .2 GT4, I am really interested in PDK only, but that would be more highly track focused, in which case it makes most sense to do a stripper. I know this is near blasphemy in track circles, but even with a stripper, I might do PCCBs.

Of course, I am also hoping Porsche offers a GT4 RS. I think they would sell all they could build, 4k-5k easy.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:03 AM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
I’m in Canada and my dealer just requested this from me this past Wednesday. He didn’t call it “demand release” per se, but rather said he needed a build code from me to send to Porsche to try and get an allocation for me. Sounds exactly like this “demand release” which I’ve never heard of until now.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:28 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,031 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
I have a question about the Fire Extinguisher option in the 718 GT4:

Past OEM Porsche fire extinguishers were mounted in front of the passenger seat and showed up on the configurator picture. Although I would probably never use it, I really wanted to option it because, frankly it’s one of the coolest factory options available in a car and would also look dope as a great conversation piece.

However on the 718 GT4 configurator it says it’s now “under the driver’s seat” and doesn’t show up on the configurator picture. If it’s hidden and not visible or going to get in my way every time I drive then I won’t option it.

Just wondering if anyone here has noticed this change or if it’s a typo. If it’s real, has anyone seen what the new setup looks like on any other Porsche models? Would it get in your way and still have the visible “wow” factor?
In the ROW club sport the extinguisher is a 2.5kg FEV NOVEC 1230 unit mounted in the passenger footwell. This is a true motorsport extinguisher and includes an internal bladder ensuring discharge at any angle. This extinguisher is too large to fit under the LWBs and should not be mounted to them.

There are standard brackets that allow 1/1.5kg motor vehicle type fire extinguishers to be fitted under the seats that still allow full seat movement - it appears to be this type of unit that is fitted to US delivered cars with non LWB. However, I do not think these can be fitted to the LWB seats - so you may need to check.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:09 AM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
I have a question about the Fire Extinguisher option in the 718 GT4:

Past OEM Porsche fire extinguishers were mounted in front of the passenger seat and showed up on the configurator picture. Although I would probably never use it, I really wanted to option it because, frankly it’s one of the coolest factory options available in a car and would also look dope as a great conversation piece.

However on the 718 GT4 configurator it says it’s now “under the driver’s seat” and doesn’t show up on the configurator picture. If it’s hidden and not visible or going to get in my way every time I drive then I won’t option it.

Just wondering if anyone here has noticed this change or if it’s a typo. If it’s real, has anyone seen what the new setup looks like on any other Porsche models? Would it get in your way and still have the visible “wow” factor?
The GT3 description is identical/doesn't show up in config but the fire extinguisher is on a bracket in front of the seats.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:52 AM
996C2S
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The following users liked this post:
JSF101 (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 01:02 PM
speedy974
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 996C2S

Ha nice! I have the same color combo in mind!
The following users liked this post:
JSF101 (07-16-2019)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 Build Specs - Let's see them