Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 12:16 PM
Kram71
Racer

Quick update about the scrape Porsche accidently put under my bumper. My sales agent thinks it may have been their car wash people. I stressed that the most important thing was I did not want any more damage trying to fix things. My sales agent is really nice. He spoke to the PPF people. They are able to just put a small piece of PPF over that area under the bumper after the paint is touched up. The PPF people will look at all the rest of the PPF as well to make sure there are no other issues. Fingers crossed it will all be done well and this will all be in the past in a week.
The following users liked this post:
OKCabriolet (10-17-2024)
Old 10-17-2024 | 02:32 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Hope it's fixed to your satisfaction.
Hey, where do they store 'uncertified' cars at ports? Hope not under the elements, but I'm afraid that's the case. It sucks that our cars have to wait there. Hope when mine is shipped in about 2 weeks, that hold is over.
Old 10-17-2024 | 02:39 PM
Kram71
Racer

Originally Posted by JCtx
Hey, where do they store 'uncertified' cars at ports? Hope not under the elements, but I'm afraid that's the case. It sucks that our cars have to wait there. Hope when mine is shipped in about 2 weeks, that hold is over.
Well since the cars are not the clients responsibility at this point it would be in the dealers benefit to protect them but can they garage thousands of cars at a time? I do not know. At least the storms have passed and the cars do have packing materials on them. That should provide some protection.
Old 10-17-2024 | 02:41 PM
Kram71
Racer

Congrats on the 2 weeks. You should have your car in 4-5 weeks then.

Can we see your build link or number?
Old 10-17-2024 | 02:41 PM
JGeorge
Rennlist Member

In Halifax (Canada) it is at the Autoport - outdoors. I imagine almost all ports are stored outdoors exposed to the elements.

The following 2 users liked this post by JGeorge:
Celeste (10-17-2024), Kram71 (10-17-2024)
Old 10-17-2024 | 06:10 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Given the large amount of cars, most of them are outdoors unfortunately. Especially Freeport.
Old 10-17-2024 | 07:34 PM
ToastyTamago
Track Day

Does anyone have data points on how long CARB/FED certification took in previous years?
Old 10-17-2024 | 10:41 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JGeorge
I imagine almost all ports are stored outdoors exposed to the elements.
Yikes! But it makes sense, especially for a 'lesser' port, like Freeport. Wonder how many '25 718s are waiting at ports now. There shouldn't be 'thousands' at all, since they don't sell that much. I'd imagine a few dozens at each port at best, since they just started arriving very recently. But maybe Porsche is selling more than I think. Ha ha.

My car ends production on 10/23, so it should be ready to ship in maybe less than 2 weeks. Depends how long it has to sit at Emden. I assume waiting at Emden is also exposed to the elements, right?

Finally, here is my build, whoever asked for it: https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PSWIMCW6
The following 2 users liked this post by JCtx:
Celeste (10-18-2024), Kram71 (10-18-2024)
Old 10-18-2024 | 11:52 AM
Kram71
Racer

Yikes! But it makes sense, especially for a 'lesser' port, like Freeport. Wonder how many '25 718s are waiting at ports now. There shouldn't be 'thousands' at all, since they don't sell that much. I'd imagine a few dozens at each port at best, since they just started arriving very recently. But maybe Porsche is selling more than I think. Ha ha.

My car ends production on 10/23, so it should be ready to ship in maybe less than 2 weeks. Depends how long it has to sit at Emden. I assume waiting at Emden is also exposed to the elements, right?

Finally, here is my build, whoever asked for it: https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PSWIMCW6
Thank you. I bet you are pretty excited.
Old 10-18-2024 | 03:36 PM
JGeorge
Rennlist Member

Regarding how many 718 are waiting at ports. This following is pure speculation on my part, but probably not far off. There were around 5200 718's (Cayman and Boxters) delivered to Canada and the USA in 2023.

Canada 667 and 4526 USA. They all come on the same ships as far as I can tell from Emden to Halifax or Davisville - then the rest of the US east coast then west coast? From what I can see - there are at least two ships per month or more likely three.

Using two ships per month, would be 216 vehicles per month. 28 to Canada and 188 to the USA. 19 to Canada and 126 to the USA using 3 ships per month. Assuming cars are at port in the US or Canada for 2-4 weeks on average. That would imply anywhere between 145 and 216 vehicles waiting at port for clearance.

Last edited by JGeorge; 10-18-2024 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-18-2024 | 05:40 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JGeorge
Regarding how many 718 are waiting at ports. This following is pure speculation on my part, but probably not far off. There were around 5200 718's (Cayman and Boxters) delivered to Canada and the USA in 2023.

Canada 667 and 4526 USA. They all come on the same ships as far as I can tell from Emden to Halifax or Davisville - then the rest of the US east coast then west coast? From what I can see - there are at least two ships per month or more likely three.

Using two ships per month, would be 216 vehicles per month. 28 to Canada and 188 to the USA. 19 to Canada and 126 to the USA using 3 ships per month. Assuming cars are at port in the US or Canada for 2-4 weeks on average. That would imply anywhere between 145 and 216 vehicles waiting at port for clearance.
I guess a minor expense of getting the privilege (and added value) of receiving early MY cars.
Old 10-18-2024 | 07:11 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kram71
I got my car today. Car looks really good in my opinion. My Porsche dealership treated me so nicely. I never experienced that kind of treatment at Mercedes. I could not praise them enough. Now to the bad news. I drove straight home. I was very careful. When home I'm going around the car and I see a small thing of white hanging down from my bumper. I go look and somebody scraped the underside of my bumper about an inch. Not sure if that effected the PPF. Now I know the first impression would think maybe I did it on my way home but luckily I told over a dozen pics at the dealership including inside the dealership. The pics clearly show the white thing hanging down inside the dealership with employees in the pictures. I hate saying anything because Porsche has treated me so nicely but this was supposed to be a brand new car. I'm very lucky that I took those pics and that they clearly show it in the dealership. I'm waiting to hear back from my sales agent who is out of town.
How long did your car stay at the arrival port?
Old 10-18-2024 | 07:50 PM
LanternRouge
Track Day

Originally Posted by bobcooper
Got a note today that my 718S arrived in Jacksonville. EST delivery is between tomorrow and 12/7
Please keep us updated. My car is on the Siem Aristotle and due to arrive in Jax on the 28th. I know there are a lot of variables, but I would like to get at least a ballpark idea of how long it will take to get to the dealership in Atlanta.
Old 10-18-2024 | 09:33 PM
bobcooper
Rennlist Member

Will do.
Old Yesterday | 01:26 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Update from my sa is saying my GTS will be released some time next week from Freeport.
The following 4 users liked this post by Purekoryo:
Celeste (Yesterday), Kram71 (Yesterday), ToasterThief (Yesterday), ToastyTamago (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.