Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 11:32 AM
kcestes
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Carbon Fiber rear spoiler

Thinking about going with a carbon fiber rear spoiler on my 2022 GT4. Any suggestions, recommendations, experiences?
Old 07-02-2023, 07:55 PM
mrd_spy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 145 Posts

Oem is carbon ?
Old 07-03-2023, 09:26 PM
HobbitHouse
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

NR Auto or DesignsByJacob.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:34 PM
Unstock
Pro

Received 503 Likes on 211 Posts

Only if its from Porsche. I would stay away from all those cheap Chinese parts.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:44 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 599 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstock
Only if its from Porsche. I would stay away from all those cheap Chinese parts.
Unstock, the problem with your statement is that the OEM GT4 spoiler will not bolt up to a Cayman. If you want a taller/bigger spoiler for a Cayman you have to go off shore. Unfortunately Porsche didn’t give Cayman’s the same ability to change spoilers like they did between Boxster and Spyder. I have been looking to change my CGTS spoiler to a GT4 style spoiler and all that I have found are CF models made in Malaysia and China. If you know where we can find a quality GT4 spoiler that will bolt up to the CGTS rising mechanism, PLEASE let us know !!
Old 07-10-2023, 10:33 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by OldJedi
Unstock, the problem with your statement is that the OEM GT4 spoiler will not bolt up to a Cayman. If you want a taller/bigger spoiler for a Cayman you have to go off shore. Unfortunately Porsche didn’t give Cayman’s the same ability to change spoilers like they did between Boxster and Spyder. I have been looking to change my CGTS spoiler to a GT4 style spoiler and all that I have found are CF models made in Malaysia and China. If you know where we can find a quality GT4 spoiler that will bolt up to the CGTS rising mechanism, PLEASE let us know !!
TWL Carbon makes the one below. Looks interesting and I have heard TWL is “decent” quality. I was originally thinking about going with it but after taking delivery of my CGTS 4.0 a few weeks ago, the stock spoiler looks better than I thought it would compared to just seeing it in pics. However, this ducktail spoiler would look pretty sweet and I wish Porsche would have offered a similar option as an Exclusive Design product. The biggest issue I have with these “Chinese” made spoilers is many of them are not the same quality as the carbon fiber that Porsche would source and many of them have cheap clear coat and will turn yellow when exposed to UV rays over time. I supposed a ceramic coating may help with preventing this but for me, I am not completely sold on these knockoff type of parts. Good luck in your search and let us know if you find one that is good quality.

https://flat6motorsports.com/product...an-boxster-718
Old 07-11-2023, 04:27 PM
HobbitHouse
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WarriorGT
TWL Carbon makes the one below. Looks interesting and I have heard TWL is “decent” quality. I was originally thinking about going with it but after taking delivery of my CGTS 4.0 a few weeks ago, the stock spoiler looks better than I thought it would compared to just seeing it in pics. However, this ducktail spoiler would look pretty sweet and I wish Porsche would have offered a similar option as an Exclusive Design product. The biggest issue I have with these “Chinese” made spoilers is many of them are not the same quality as the carbon fiber that Porsche would source and many of them have cheap clear coat and will turn yellow when exposed to UV rays over time. I supposed a ceramic coating may help with preventing this but for me, I am not completely sold on these knockoff type of parts. Good luck in your search and let us know if you find one that is good quality.

https://flat6motorsports.com/product...an-boxster-718
I have had the TWL Ducktail on my car for 2 years, no fading, still looks great. Car is not garage kept, driven in the winter, etc. So I'd say its decent.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:59 AM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 230 Posts

Haven't tried anything from these guys, but another option that I've seen previously.
https://www.sforza.tech/en/product-c...718-cayman-en/
Old 07-12-2023, 08:04 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by IndigoInkTaco
Haven't tried anything from these guys, but another option that I've seen previously.
https://www.sforza.tech/en/product-c...718-cayman-en/
I see that it is an Italian company. Has anybody dealt with them before??

I have found a similar spoiler at Fabspeed. I sent them an email over a week ago but haven’t heard back from them yet.

https://www.google.com/search?client...&bih=747&dpr=2
Old 07-12-2023, 08:10 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HobbitHouse
I have had the TWL Ducktail on my car for 2 years, no fading, still looks great. Car is not garage kept, driven in the winter, etc. So I'd say its decent.
HobbitHouse, do you feel that the TWL fits as good as the OEM original spoiler? Was it easy to mount to the original raising mechanism?
Old 07-13-2023, 10:13 AM
DriverDaily
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 81 Posts

Verus Engineering (splitter, canards, and wing) if you want more functional aero.

TWL makes decent quality replica parts if you just want OEM in exposed carbon fiber.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:32 AM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by OldJedi
I see that it is an Italian company. Has anybody dealt with them before??

I have found a similar spoiler at Fabspeed. I sent them an email over a week ago but haven’t heard back from them yet.

https://www.google.com/search?client...&bih=747&dpr=2
I asked someone on here how their experience was and I remember them saying it was positive. Search for that company on here and I'm sure the thread will pop up in results somewhere
Old 07-13-2023, 10:40 AM
ItalynStylion
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverDaily
Verus Engineering (splitter, canards, and wing) if you want more functional aero.

TWL makes decent quality replica parts if you just want OEM in exposed carbon fiber.
They seem to be the only ones that have actually measured/tested their aero and I really dig it. Kinda sucks that it's properly ugly for a dual use car and it's CRAZY expensive.

What I'd like is someone to make a GT4 style spoiler that's functional, doesn't look like crap AND doesn't mount improperly so it dents the hatch lid.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:00 AM
mr.t0fu
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ItalynStylion
They seem to be the only ones that have actually measured/tested their aero and I really dig it. Kinda sucks that it's properly ugly for a dual use car and it's CRAZY expensive.

What I'd like is someone to make a GT4 style spoiler that's functional, doesn't look like crap AND doesn't mount improperly so it dents the hatch lid.
As someone else mentioned above, DBJ makes some nice stuff, a bunch of the guys who track their cars extensively run their wing, splitter, etc. https://www.designsbyjacob.com/ they also have measured/tested their aero, at least that's what they claim.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:09 PM
DriverDaily
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ItalynStylion
If you want function and form you have to pony up for the GT4RS!

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber rear spoiler