Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color choice help - anybody seen these combos?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 02:18 AM
robertg256
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color choice help - anybody seen these combos?

I managed to get an allocation for a GTS 4.0.
It was easier to to be undecided before I got a date. Now I've got to get off the fence.

I'm really partial to the Speed Yellow, but I don't want a black interior. I like the espresso/congac but I don't really trust the configurator for accurate colors and I worry about the brown not working with the yellow. Anybody out there ever see such a thing and how did it look?
Something like PR3UTFF9

The other option I'm looking at is the Gentian Blue Metallic with the bordeaux/black interior. I have a feeling this is a better mix, but again there's no stock out there to really evaluate. Is this going to be too dark overall? I think the colors will work but it just seems heavy compared to the birght yellow.
Something like PRZ92RD3

I know color is a personal thing, but it's just not possible to actually preview these builds ahead of time. I'm hoping some of you have actually seen these combos and can warn me away from the dreaded Ronald McDonald type mismatch. Any advice is welcome.

R
Old 05-20-2023, 02:58 AM
T-Rex06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on getting an allocation. Personally, I'd go with GTS interior package with chalk stitching for Yellow exterior. Espresso/congac is really nice but I feel like it clashes too much if paired with loud exterior color. Also, I'm not sure if yellow seat belt goes well with brown.

Gentian Blue does look nice with Bordeaux/black interior.
Old 05-20-2023, 10:59 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Go for the Yellow with Brown/Expresso...too many Blue with Red!
Old 05-20-2023, 11:08 AM
robertg256
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Go for the Yellow with Brown/Expresso...too many Blue with Red!
Haha - take one for the team?
Old 05-20-2023, 11:22 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by robertg256
Haha - take one for the team?
I have Yellow/Black and love it, on my Spyder; however, if I were building one of the others it would be Yellow/Brown.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:04 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 362 Posts

If I had your leanings and I was going with yellow, I’d get the solid espresso interior. I think that dark brown would go very nicely. The lighter cognac, on the other hand, I would not put with the yellow.

if I went with the gentian blue, I’d go with…the espresso.

Sincerely,

A guy driving his third Bordeaux/black car
Old 05-30-2023, 11:42 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 913 Likes on 560 Posts

I've seen Gentian over Bordeaux/black before. Looks fantastic to me. I'm also a blue over red fan as that's how I spec'd my Macan so I'm biased.
I've seen Yellow over beige on older Porsches and I personally hate it. I'm not a fan of beige to begin with but I do like yellow. But to me, the colors are not complimentary as they are in the same temperature zone. Cognac starts running close to beige. I have not seen yellow over espresso. I can imagine that may work.
Old 05-31-2023, 09:54 AM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 230 Posts

I'd also vote Yellow over Gentian. I feel like Gentian must be the most spec'd exterior color out there for the 718. See them on the Finder all the time. I can see your concern about the color pairing. Just think Thanksgiving...lots of yellows and browns together lol. But really. I think those two colors generally accepted as working together and not clashing. How it turns out in real life in this application though?......

Quick Reply: Color choice help - anybody seen these combos?