Sponsored by:

Down to last three options. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 12:20 AM
rukiyou
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Down to last three options. Please help

Hi guys, I cant decide between sport seat or sport seat plus (2 way). I am doing mostly daily drive not speccing for track or anything like that. Also, should i get to dual zone climate for automatic thermostat, and any thoughts on auto dimming?

Thank you all.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:49 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

For me, the sports seats plus are far more comfortable. Try them out if you can as others prefer the standard seats.
The automatic thermostat is great - set it and forget it. No constant fiddling with the fan.
Auto dimming is OK. Not really needed unless maybe you drive a lot at night. I think it is required if you go with leather or alcantara sun visors.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:28 AM
rukiyou
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
For me, the sports seats plus are far more comfortable. Try them out if you can as others prefer the standard seats.
The automatic thermostat is great - set it and forget it. No constant fiddling with the fan.
Auto dimming is OK. Not really needed unless maybe you drive a lot at night. I think it is required if you go with leather or alcantara sun visors.
Hello Dr.Bill, thanks for replying. I have to decide between automatic thermostat or auto dimming since it will cost extra 10k if I exceed the car tax here in my country. As of right now, I do not have any way to test sport seats plus, but i found the standard seats to be uncomfortable. I guess i'll just go with the plus?
The following users liked this post:
pkalhan (12-30-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 08:26 AM
CaymanMatt
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by rukiyou
Hello Dr.Bill, thanks for replying. I have to decide between automatic thermostat or auto dimming since it will cost extra 10k if I exceed the car tax here in my country. As of right now, I do not have any way to test sport seats plus, but i found the standard seats to be uncomfortable. I guess i'll just go with the plus?
Automatic climate control is much more valuable than auto dimming.
MOO
Old 10-11-2021, 10:18 AM
rukiyou
5th Gear

Originally Posted by CaymanMatt
Automatic climate control is much more valuable than auto dimming.
MOO
Yo cayman, Thanks for the imput. Did you choose sport seat or sport seat plus for your 718?
Old 10-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Payman
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rukiyou-

I'm 6'4 tall and 220 lbs... I went back and forth between SS and SS+ (both 2-ways BTW) while in a showroom, and I found myself preferring the SS+ every time. I do think they'll be harder in/out and I do worry Re the wear/tear on the bolsters, but I'll just try to be as careful as I can.

I test drove more time in a SS and found them too fine... but again, when doing the side-by-side comparison, I found myself wanting to sit more time in the SS+.

Last edited by Payman; 10-11-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:01 AM
CaymanMatt
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by rukiyou
Yo cayman, Thanks for the imput. Did you choose sport seat or sport seat plus for your 718?
Sport Seat Plus. They are very comfortable. I've been suffering some back issues though which make sitting in our car somewhat uncomfortable on longer drives and wonder if the Sport Seats are better for that. Still, without that issue (which is my old age issue, not the car's) SPP's are the way I'd go again
FWIW
Old 10-11-2021, 12:36 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,863 Likes on 1,010 Posts

I like auto dimming in cars, works good for night driving. I generally do not care about dual climate control or the auto feature; I generally do not use the auto feature in my other cars.

But I specced my car the opposite of that with dual climate and no auto dimming mirrors. IMO these are sports cars so do not need to be configured like a daily driver. I bought it to drive it when I want to drive, not when I have to drive. I am only driving it at night right now and the lack of auto dimming mirrors hasn't bothered me in the slightest yet so IMO auto dimming isn't worth the $800 it is in my country. The dual climate set it and forget it option works very well and if I was to rebuild my car I would spec it again with that. I set it to 21 degrees when I took delivery and haven't touched it since. I wasn't able to do that with my bmw or my wife's lexus; i still fiddle with the temp in those cars.

I don't like the normal sport seats. I'd spec with sport seat plus; more comfortable to me and look better imo. If you're wide you may hate the sport plus seats though, so you should probably sit in both.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:53 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

SS+ for sure, then auto climate, and then auto-dimming, in that order of priority.
The following users liked this post:
pkalhan (12-12-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 06:21 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,231 Likes on 2,205 Posts

Sport seat plus is a must for me. Everything else I could take or leave.

Quick Reply: Down to last three options. Please help