Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to replace Spyder side badge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 04:41 PM
SpyderSean
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to replace Spyder side badge?

Hi all,

Reposting my question from the 981 forum in case any 718 Spyder owners have the answer… Looking to replace the black plastic piece on the drivers side of the rear clamshell with the Spyder badge on it.

Thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder/1255699-how-to-replace-spyder-side-badge.html

Thanks
Old 06-14-2021, 07:04 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 2,309 Posts

I plan to do it on my 718 Spyder since I am getting the painted Racing Yellow. Use a hairdryer to heat them up and start at one side and slowly start lifting it off - a helper is best since they can hold the hairdryer while you work, Use some dental floss or fishing line and work along; however, I understand there are 2 pins on the back of them so you will only be able to go so far on each side. You can also use a small trim removal tool but the key is to go slow!
Old 06-14-2021, 08:08 PM
SpyderSean
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I plan to do it on my 718 Spyder since I am getting the painted Racing Yellow. Use a hairdryer to heat them up and start at one side and slowly start lifting it off - a helper is best since they can hold the hairdryer while you work, Use some dental floss or fishing line and work along; however, I understand there are 2 pins on the back of them so you will only be able to go so far on each side. You can also use a small trim removal tool but the key is to go slow!
Hey Bob, I’m actually hoping to replace the black plastic trim piece that the Spyder script is mounted on - just not entirely sure how to remove that piece.

Yours sounds like a cool project though to paint match the script to the car!
Old 06-14-2021, 08:29 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSean
Hey Bob, I’m actually hoping to replace the black plastic trim piece that the Spyder script is mounted on - just not entirely sure how to remove that piece.

Yours sounds like a cool project though to paint match the script to the car!
Sorry, I misunderstood. Try a parts diagram and and you may get an idea.

It will look great - I had the Targa emblems done on my last P-car in Miami Blue.
The following users liked this post:
SpyderSean (06-14-2021)

Quick Reply: How to replace Spyder side badge?