Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 Allocations in US

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 02:45 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 34 Posts

Danbury told me I could pay 1k to join a list behind other people. I'm in tristate.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:35 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I have a GT4 on order for Sept 18 build completion date and yesterday I finally was given October 5 as a European Factory Delivery Date which seems is harder to get than an allocation for a car.

my dealer that I have a Boxster GTS on order with refused to let me even try and get a factory delivery date which was annoying - gave me some baloney about the dates were impossible to get scheduled. I understand the dealer gets hit with a $3,000 fee while the customer pays zero so some dealers refuse to book these deliveries.

this gives motivation to loss some weight before Oct 5 so I can fit in the carbon fiber bucket seats while driving around Germany for several weeks.

porsche gives you - free room for a night in an upscale hotel, lunch in their company restaurant, tour of the factory and a tour of the Porsche museum and of course delivery of your car with several hours of instructions. You can request winter tires and when you drop the car off for shipping to the states they put new tires and your ordered wheels before shipping the car. Porsche also pays for full insurance for 16 days but you can pay extra for more days of coverage. They also offer with Delta a 25% discount on plane fare for business and first class flights and they have a concierge service to help book the flights and additional hotel stays.

Should be an interesting adventure. You can also pick up a car at the Liepzig factory which gives you some time on their test track but the factory their builds sedans and suv models not the sports cars and no museum.

one can make a reservation to drive the Nurburgring however which would be fun to do in a new GT car- carefully and respectfully of course. It might be possible to hire a pro driver to take you around the track in your car which would let you experience the outside performance capabilities of these sports cars that most of us old guys will never reach on a track or on street roads.

Porsche will hold your car for up to 60 days after it is built to give some flexibility to schedule a date at the factory.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:39 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,059 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Originally Posted by JP66
Anybody trying to find one in the NY/Tri-state area. I have a call in to Danbury CT Porsche, but nothing back yet. Looking for a B GTS 4.0 allocation.
I'm on Long Island and they don't have any allocations around here yet. Waiting lists.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:15 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 722 Likes on 254 Posts

Any leads on a Spyder allocation at MSRP?

Quick Reply: 718 Allocations in US