Sponsored by:

deposit placed on a Cayman S :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 06:52 PM
modifieda4
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 49 Posts
Default deposit placed on a Cayman S :)

It will be a 2020 model, the dealer will contact me when the order can be placed. My intent is that it will be a daily driver and a driver's car. I don't care too much for interior amenities/customization...but if I've missed a "must have" let me know.

Here is the build:
Aventurine Green Metallic
Headlight Cleaning System Covers Painted in Exterior Color
Model Designation on Rear Painted - Black
6-speed Manual Transmission
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (Lowered 10 mm)
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) with Mechanically Locking Differential
Sport Tailpipes in Black
20" Carrera S Wheels - Wheels Painted in Satin Platinum
LED Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
Clear Taillights
Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
GT Sport Steering Wheel
Sport Seats Plus (2-way)
Seat Heating
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Seat Belts in Guards Red
BOSE® Surround Sound System

there's still time to add stuff :P
The following 3 users liked this post by modifieda4:
AlexCeres (08-28-2020), Chester7 (01-14-2020), VividRacing (01-16-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 07:37 PM
nerual13
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd vote for heated steering wheel if possible (I laughed at that on mine, but damn its nice!) and could go seat ventilation. What kinda phone you got? I don't see CarPlay on the list and it'll cost almost three times as much to add it later. Worthwhile just as future proofing. It'll also put a USB port into the center armrest too, which is nice. You can route the cable neatly out the side so that you can easily charge your phone.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:51 PM
modifieda4
Instructor

Originally Posted by nerual13
I'd vote for heated steering wheel if possible (I laughed at that on mine, but damn its nice!) and could go seat ventilation. What kinda phone you got? I don't see CarPlay on the list and it'll cost almost three times as much to add it later. Worthwhile just as future proofing. It'll also put a USB port into the center armrest too, which is nice. You can route the cable neatly out the side so that you can easily charge your phone.
good points on the heated steering wheel and seat ventilation. I may be tempted to add them

As far as car play goes, I am an android phone person, so im not sure how much that would help.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:56 PM
donR
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts

Congratulations. Looks like a great spec with all the performance options. I think you are just missing PASM-Sport which will lower another 10mm. Ride height and front spoiler is still quite high when you compare with a GT4. The S brings slightly lower springs and up rated anti-roll bars so if you want a drivers car I would add the "Sport" as it is a small expense.

The heated steering wheel is nice in the snow!
Old 01-11-2020, 07:58 PM
nerual13
Instructor

Originally Posted by modifieda4
good points on the heated steering wheel and seat ventilation. I may be tempted to add them

As far as car play goes, I am an android phone person, so im not sure how much that would help.
Fair. Though the USB port in the center is nice. Might be worth it just for that.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:25 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

2 zone climate control and heated/vented seats
Car Play.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:05 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 787 Posts

Very nice build...almost exactly how I would do it. Only difference would be going with non-GT steering wheel (standard wheels is slightly less thick and feels better in my hands) and adding CF trim to dial down the silver in the cabin.
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (01-13-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 11:38 PM
Jim K.
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! May I ask what is your dealer's deposit requirement? I sent in my 718 Cayman T code and my dealer asked for $5000. Seemed high for me. I am the first for the car yet no official allocations have been given. They told me they can obtain one through the regional rep once the deal is secured.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:45 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 269 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim K.
Congratulations! May I ask what is your dealer's deposit requirement? I sent in my 718 Cayman T code and my dealer asked for $5000. Seemed high for me. I am the first for the car yet no official allocations have been given. They told me they can obtain one through the regional rep once the deal is secured.

Only $1000 was requested by my dealer up here in Montreal to hold a position on my T before I got the GTS.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:51 PM
Jim K.
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job on the GTS...from what I see and others have recently posted, the GTS is no longer on the US configurator! Enjoy it and drive it in good health!
Old 01-13-2020, 09:49 AM
matmanx1
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice build! I know you will enjoy it. If it were mine I would probably do without the LCA and the GT steering wheel and switch to the heated multifunction wheel instead. I'm also a big Sport Chrono fan, even with the manual gearbox, but I know that is more of a personal preference. Good luck with the build!
Old 01-13-2020, 10:48 AM
k.alexander
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree. The Multifunctional Steering Wheel is one of those things that you’re going to use like every five seconds of driving, adjust volume, scroll/select through the functions on the MF screen—huge huge improvement over using the fourth stalk (too many stalks on this car as is, really 3, 4? Really?)

Lastly the GT wheel is nice too. I thought you can have both, GT wheel and multifunctional wheel. But if had to pick just one, MFwheel every day!
Old 01-13-2020, 11:20 AM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

I'd imagine photos don't do Aventurine Green justice. I've never seen it in the metal. I'll bet it's stunning as I like green in general.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:55 PM
modifieda4
Instructor

thanks all. I'll probably go with the heated multi-function wheel. the deposit was $2500. no allocations yet, though i'd have first dibs when they get them. right now the color battle is between night blue metallic and the AGM. decisions
Old 01-14-2020, 01:06 PM
nerual13
Instructor

Originally Posted by modifieda4
thanks all. I'll probably go with the heated multi-function wheel. the deposit was $2500. no allocations yet, though i'd have first dibs when they get them. right now the color battle is between night blue metallic and the AGM. decisions
I think you'll be glad. That multi-function setup is so useful. I love not having to take my hands off the wheel while zooming around.

Quick Reply: deposit placed on a Cayman S :)