Sponsored by:

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:20 PM
mirogi718
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Introduction

Hello all. I'm Mike. I've owned my 1970 914-6 since 1986, but now's the time for me to join Rennlist since my 2019 718 Cayman GTS is on the way. I know that I will be utilizing helpful information from this forum and I also expect to contribute when I can. I have done a fair number of DE events and Road America, Grattan and Gingerman in my not-stock 914-6, in my (formerly owned) bone stock 914-6 and in my (formerly owned) 986 Boxster with sport suspension, so I am really looking forward to experiencing the GTS on the track (as well as off). And I figured that the car is going to get noticed wherever I go in it anyway, so why not make it Lava Orange!
Old 10-21-2018, 07:48 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 564 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by mirogi718
Hello all. I'm Mike. I've owned my 1970 914-6 since 1986, but now's the time for me to join Rennlist since my 2019 718 Cayman GTS is on the way. I know that I will be utilizing helpful information from this forum and I also expect to contribute when I can. I have done a fair number of DE events and Road America, Grattan and Gingerman in my not-stock 914-6, in my (formerly owned) bone stock 914-6 and in my (formerly owned) 986 Boxster with sport suspension, so I am really looking forward to experiencing the GTS on the track (as well as off). And I figured that the car is going to get noticed wherever I go in it anyway, so why not make it Lava Orange!
Wow, Lava Orange! That is definitely making a statement. No way you will not be making a statement in that car. I love our 2018 CGTS and I’m sure you will too. I hope you were able to keep your 914-6 as well. Welcome back to the group.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:37 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 428 Posts

Congrats. I have posted this before, I recently purchased a 718 GTS to use a track car for my wife, but I have been using it while waiting for my RS to finally arrive (traded in my 16 RS for a 19 RS). I am completely shocked at how fast and fun this little GTS is at track events. All I have done on mine is change brake fluid to Castrol SRF and swapped out wheels to a lower size so I could run Michelin Cup 2s. With those 2 tiny changes this thing is a rocket ship in the right hands. I've run about about 10 track days in mine since getting it 3 months ago, completely amazed. This last weekend I was running in a pack of guys driving RS's and Corvettes on slicks, this car has that much potential. I'm now seriously considering a GT4 if PDK is possible because I can only imagine how awesome that setup would be for a reasonable price. Enjoy!
Old 10-22-2018, 11:10 AM
k3v7n
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Congrats. I have posted this before, I recently purchased a 718 GTS to use a track car for my wife, but I have been using it while waiting for my RS to finally arrive (traded in my 16 RS for a 19 RS). I am completely shocked at how fast and fun this little GTS is at track events. All I have done on mine is change brake fluid to Castrol SRF and swapped out wheels to a lower size so I could run Michelin Cup 2s. With those 2 tiny changes this thing is a rocket ship in the right hands. I've run about about 10 track days in mine since getting it 3 months ago, completely amazed. This last weekend I was running in a pack of guys driving RS's and Corvettes on slicks, this car has that much potential. I'm now seriously considering a GT4 if PDK is possible because I can only imagine how awesome that setup would be for a reasonable price. Enjoy!
I can only imagine what Cup 2s are like on this platform. Should be akin to cheating in terms of grip on track!!
Old 10-31-2018, 12:08 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Are you running stock 19” sizes or 245/35/19 & 275/35/19?
Old 10-31-2018, 05:18 PM
disden
Drifting

245/35/19 and 295/30/19; car came with 20s, downsized with a set of HREs so i could run Cup 2s at track days. Put on the stock wheels for daily use.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:49 PM
donR
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

Hi Mike, congrats on the purchase. Look forward to seeing some photos. Haven't seen any in lava organge. Have you also been over to the 718forum? Bit more activity over there. I'm also expecting a new 718 GTS early next year.

245/35/19 and 295/30/19; car came with 20s, downsized with a set of HREs so i could run Cup 2s at track days. Put on the stock wheels for daily use.

Do you know what width and offsets you're running on your HREs? That is a massive upgrade on the back and with the Cup 2s your 718 must surpass the old GT4. I'm also wanting to explore wheel options down the track and just wondering what can fit.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:13 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by donR
Hi Mike, congrats on the purchase. Look forward to seeing some photos. Haven't seen any in lava organge. Have you also been over to the 718forum? Bit more activity over there. I'm also expecting a new 718 GTS early next year.

Do you know what width and offsets you're running on your HREs? That is a massive upgrade on the back and with the Cup 2s your 718 must surpass the old GT4. I'm also wanting to explore wheel options down the track and just wondering what can fit.
not sure of offsets, left that up to HRE; told them I wanted 19s in a size that could fit Cup 2s. I gained 0.5 inch on each corner. At my local track was running 2 seconds a lap quicker with this set up. This 718 GTS is an insanely quick car stock; i was passing GT4s already at track days, unless they were running slicks.

Quick Reply: Introduction