Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the GTS sound the same as an S with Sports Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 07:49 PM
k3v7n
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
I really like the 991.2 GTS, in some ways it's the ultimate compromise - just about as quick as GT3 but a bit more real world liveable. You can soften them or harden to taste from the options menu. Yet equally it can be quite a sleeper in debadged form.

A bit of a stealth weapon - or wolf in sheeps clothing 😀. Having said that they're all good in the current line up.

Likewise the 718, it's a really nice drivers car very high engagement factor - far too much was made if the engine changes. The reality is the chassis and handling now have the extra oomph that should have been there a few years ago.
Agreed about the 718! I had a 981 GTS and this (even base) is way better. I just wish Porsche would stop putting the Cayman down; but that’ll never happen. It has its place. But the 911 still has a superior engine and transmission...
Old 10-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Max718-19
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my option the S the sound that works to make the Boxster a GT. Sport is great sound for sporty drives. Normal keeps neighborhood calm during my 5am departs. Normal is great for long 3 hr journey.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:22 PM
NJ-718Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I spent over an hour at my dealership today listening to the exhaust note between a Cayman GTS and a Cayman S. We had the cars parked side-by-side. Started each car, one at a time and let them warm up for about 60 seconds. We then tested from both inside and standing behind both cars. Tests were performed at idle and also reving the engines. We also tested with sports exhaust on and off and also in sport and sport plus mode. Then we drove both cars. I have to say, perhaps I am getting old and have bad hearing but the GTS and the S sound just about the same to my ears. Same tone and both have that great over run pops and burbles. Could there be a subtle sound difference? Perhaps. But both sounded good to me.

Just sharing our findings from today in PA.

Quick Reply: Does the GTS sound the same as an S with Sports Exhaust?