718 Emissions Sticker location

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Als991?
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 718 Emissions Sticker location

Dear Porsche,
why the $#(% did you put the emissions sticker where it requires disassembly of the entire trunk trim and engine cover insulation removal?

Could you have cut a neat flap like the one for the chassis vin in the passenger footwell?

At least I know know what the car sounds like with most sound deadening gone: still can’t hear the turbo whine, but certainly can hear pressure rise in the intake tract. Some other gravely valve openings, closings. And more thunk from the tranny. But not quite DTM-esque.

PS- Also thank you CA DMV for your asinine regulation enforced by pedantic clerks, otherwise I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to take apart a 1,400 mile old car.

718 emissions compliance decal
Old 01-08-2018, 06:17 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

trust me....this is only the start of...........why did po do this
Old 01-08-2018, 06:22 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We don't need no stinking sticker, (thank god) you can bet I'd relocate that immediately. We do unfortunately have to play the sniff the tailpipe make money for no good reason game though. From NYS nonsense inspection and giant difficult to remove sticker to the tailpipe game, yippie!
Old 01-08-2018, 06:24 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

and ruin the resale value..................dude ...............wow
Old 01-08-2018, 07:27 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,318 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by extanker
Why did Porsche put my rear view camera in someone else's car?
Old 01-08-2018, 07:41 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was unaware that the sticker has to stay in that spot for resale ( I honestly don't know since we don't use it) so I don't know if you're being sarcastic or real. What I do sometimes wonder is if most of the board realizes that driving it also reduces the resale value. Maybe we should watch that Seinfeld episode with the boy in the bubble and procure one for our cars, I know they make them I've seen them. In a given season I'm guilty of polishing and washing as much as driving, maybe Betty Ford has a wing for us.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:52 AM
Als991?
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by extanker
If I had a choice, I would not have. But the alternative - impounded for failure to register - would have arguably been worse.

And, yep, the depreciation from driving it far outweighs anything attributable to snapping the trim in and out. Especially since these parts are designed to be removed multiple times in the vehicle’s life.

Just trying to leave a thread helpful to the next hapless soul in Southern California who needs to find the emissions sticker (decal, label). Thank you.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:11 AM
4PTZERO
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

hey all - while it's not ideal that this emissions label is STILL in a hard to reach spot, just buy an extra emission sticker (less than $10), and stick it near the engine compartment area or door sill.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:58 PM
kiznarsh
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 118 Posts

I bought my 981 from New Jersey but had it shipped to California. I wanted to make sure the sticker was there so I asked the dealership to send me a photo before I flew out there. After a day of searching, they got back to me and said they couldn't find it. So I did the research for them and figured out where it was, but then I had to do it again when I went to register the car.

Yes it's inconvenient but you only have to do it once.

OP - I was able to remove the upper engine cover without worrying about the cover in the trunk. Now that you've done it, do you really have to remove the other one too?

Quick Reply: 718 Emissions Sticker location