Sponsored by:

1962 Porsche 356 B Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:38 AM
thapimp356
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1962 Porsche 356 B Coupe

Here we have a 1962 Porsche 356 B Coupe #210302. Fresh out of a five year storage. We put a fresh battery in it and it cranked right up and drove around the yard, not bad after 5 years! It is very presentable. The engine is not original, it currently has #714210, a 64 C motor, complete with Solex carbs. This car is a classic 10 footer, the paint looks great from 10 feet away but get close and you will notice some small cracking and some bubbling along the nose (see pics). On the bright side the seats look like they have never been sat in. The battery box is deteriorating and the floors are the typical 80s backyard fix. All in all this car would make a great driver while you spend a few weekends adding some love. Since the car was in storage for 5 years I would recommend you (or your mechanic) go over the car before you take it on the highway.

On EBAY item #220038525022
Link:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item =220038525022&rd=1&rd=1>
Attached Images      
Old 10-23-2006, 09:07 AM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks like a great starting point for a restoration - wish I was in the position to purchase it......
Old 10-23-2006, 10:51 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 415 Posts

Gentle reminder that membership is required to advertise on Rennlist. I'm sure you'll agree that that's fair.

Regards
Jim
Old 10-23-2006, 01:46 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Not so gentle reminder from me, considering that the only posts this guy ever puts up are flogging **** he has for sale. Obviously you have enough money to flip 356s from here to LA, so pony up and pay for a membership, or more likely, a sponsorship. I love 356s as much as the next guy but you need to respect the admins that keep this site up and running with their own money, blood, sweat, and tears.

Most of his posts:

https://rennlist.com/forums/356-forum/305867-1955-porsche-356-pre-a-speedster.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/356-forum/283816-selling-my-b-carbriolet.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/356-forum/257169-1962-356-cab-sort-of.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/356-forum/267930-hershey-2006-everyone-come-out.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/356-forum/251164-1951-356-pre-a-coupe-on-ebay.html

I don't like throwing down the gauntlet, but I know that this site doesn't make any money, so people not contributing to the site shouldn't get to make any off the work of its admins and owners.

--SOAPBOX OFF--
Old 10-23-2006, 02:50 PM
camchain
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=ventoGT]Not so gentle reminder from me, considering that the only posts this guy ever puts up are flogging **** he has for sale.

I don't like throwing down the gauntlet, but I know that this site doesn't make any money, so people not contributing to the site shouldn't get to make any off the work of its admins and owners.

--SOAPBOX OFF--[/QUOTE

Adam Wright spams this and several other boards while contributing nothing. Talking about it does little good as he will not take another look at the board until he has some other POS to schlepp.
Ron Hetherington
Old 10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
thapimp356
Intermediate

Yeah, you're right, I contribute nothing to the 356 community. You are correct, I do not pay to put a posting on Rennlist. I just figure that people on this site might be looking for a car.

As far as my contributing nothing. I wonder how many of you guys (the ones talking trash) sat in the freezing rain passing out FREE gift bags at Hershey. Or how many of you gave away 25 BW Jon von Newmann 550 racing photos FREE to Registry brothers at X-mass. And yes, I paid, out of my own pocket for tons of cool items in the gift bags and I paid to have all of the copies of the photos made, I even paid the postage to get them to the Registry guys by the holidays. Or how many of you write a FREE column for the 356 Registry magazine, EVERY issue.

The really funny thing is when I bought my first 356 about 3 years ago this was the first site I went on but the advice I received was from guys that had 914s and were 356 fans, not the people you want to ask how to re-build a motor. I finally gave up on this forum because there was not enough good people on it. I really don't see what the problem is when I put a listing for a car for sale. it is not like I am advertising car wax or oil, I am selling a few cars to fund the restoration of my B Coupe and my Roadster.
You guys really need to calm down.
Adam
Old 10-23-2006, 10:33 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 343 Likes on 152 Posts

Adam...

Take it easy. They were pointing out is that John D. has a rule that says advertising is limited to Members only and you have been advertising, not in the classifieds, but here on the 356 forum. It doesn't cost muct to become a member probably a lot less than all the $$$ you put into the goodie bags you did for Hershey, so it wouldn't hurt you to join, and it would help keep Rennlist going.

Also the 356 board has only gotten "relatively" more active within the past year here on Rennlist. There are good people on here now that weren't posting three years ago when you got your first 356, heck, they weren't even posting a year ago.

I agree with you, everyone needs to calm down and we all need to get along.

JoAnne
Old 10-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

I agree with you, everyone needs to calm down and we all need to get along.

JoAnne
Woman's touch to cool down!!!! (although it usually does the opposite! )

I know Adam from the 356talk (356registry) and his column "Wheels and Reels" is super cool...he's a nice guy...on the other hand, John D.'s rules are very clear:Got to be a paying member to advertise...Jim, Cole and Ron are right to point this out...

Hey Adam...just like Spike Lee's movie..."Do the right thing"...
Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 AM
songhoh
Advanced

Spike Lee? This is off topic, but his last movie was only so-so. And we haven't seen much of him since he's a big New York Knicks fan and the Miami Heat won the World Championship last season. On topic, I think I might need to join Rennlist if there are really enough members now active. It seems like I visit this forum once a week for three new topics. 911sregistry has thirty plus new topics each day. Are there really so few 356 owners and addicts?

Regards,
JLC
Old 10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Originally Posted by songhoh
Spike Lee? This is off topic, but his last movie was only so-so. And we haven't seen much of him since he's a big New York Knicks fan and the Miami Heat won the World Championship last season. On topic, I think I might need to join Rennlist if there are really enough members now active. It seems like I visit this forum once a week for three new topics. 911sregistry has thirty plus new topics each day. Are there really so few 356 owners and addicts?

Regards,
JLC
Forget about Spike Lee!!!! Let's go straight to what matters!!! Are you coming to Rico's "Key Largo" drive????

I hope to see your red "badass" early 911 there!!!
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2006, 11:46 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The problem is that a lot of the 356 owners are, with all due respect, old crumudgeons (as they like to be called) and they do not like to try "new" things (as if Rennlist is new ) . They use the Registry's 356talk email list and that is it. Mention Rennlist to them on 356talk and many of them get quite upset. Actually is sort of fun to read the email replies when there is "talk" on 356talk of trying to get a new format going or telling them to visit other sites (such as RL). You get everything from "What's wrong with 356talk and email based forums" to "I've tried to get on Rennlist and it is too darn confusing". The only way Rennlist's 356 forum will become more active is when a few more self imposed "crumudgeons" become a little more open minded and are willing try something new for a change. Or it will have to wait until a "younger" generation picks up the 356 banner. A generation who is not afraid to navigate the dangerous highway known as Rennlist's 356 Forum.....

We belong to all the forums, but then we aren't crumudgeons either
One by one we can make Rennlist's 356 forum more active. If you only drop in once in a while, and don't contrubute to the threads that are here, you are not helping make it more active, you are part of the problem. Visit often, Post often and help make us an active forum!!! Gee, I sound like I should be running for a political office or something....

JoAnne

BTW: Who's Spike Lee?? Does he have a 356?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Originally Posted by RJT

BTW: Who's Spike Lee?? Does he have a 356?
Hey Jo...back in the late 80s you were too young to watch "R" rated movies!!! "Do the right thing", "Mo' better blues", "Jungle fever", "Malcom X" etc... were not intended for young teenager...
Old 10-25-2006, 12:52 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
Hey Jo...back in the late 80s you were too young to watch "R" rated movies!!! "Do the right thing", "Mo' better blues", "Jungle fever", "Malcom X" etc... were not intended for young teenager...

In the late 80's I was in my late 20's......

I know who Spike Lee is. Jungle Fever had quite the "scene" in it, if I rememebr correctly. It made ME blush and I don't blush easily....

356 content coming up................ Does Spike have a 356 or not?

Jo
Old 10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

"...is sort of fun to read the email replies..."
Jo - you ARE being polite!

"... it will have to wait until a "younger" generation picks up the 356 banner..."
you are quite correct, and that is starting to happen, along with the "investor" crowd - which is a double-edged sword. however, I think the Registry will continue to be the focus of serious 356 interest for a long time to come - they own the brand, if you will. the younger crowd, more internet saavy & demanding a structure more like RL (specialized topics) will eventually make the changes needed. it doesn't necessarily hurt a culture to manage progress sensibly.

it is already overdue, evidence being the moderators get antsy when the traffic approaches 100 posts a day, & they shut down interchanges not because they are inherently pointless or ill-tempered, but because it generates too much activity (!). it would make too much sense to divide into forums for; Chassis / Susp & Steering / Engine / Elect. / Paint / Interior / Market Value & etc. wouldn't it? can you imagine the OT discussions? unrepentant hippies vs. crypto-fascists... hmmm, no wonder they are against certain kinds of "progress".

anyway, the Registry is what it is & the active members work hard to make it a great community. I can't imagine why anyone would get bent out of shape over RL, though - we always point new enthusiasts to the Registry & I'm sure they've picked up new members... win - win!

ps: I think Adam will have to reflect upon how he presents himself to the 356 world... for his own benefit.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

The talk list is way too painful. This is the correct format, but then again,I'm a "356 baby" at only 40.

JoAnn, my wife is very tolerant about my car addiction and even has begun to do DE's with the 993. Every time there is a 356 event she says, "Why would I want to see the same old cars with the same even older guys"? She has a point about the avg age at a Holiday. I do feel it is changing.

Harry Cooper had the best line @ the Charleston Holiday when I asked him about his kids and if there were into the 356. He said, "The soil won't have even hardened over my casket and they will trade the 356 in for a Toyota SUV". I sure hope not.

Yo Adam, Pony Up!

Quick Reply: 1962 Porsche 356 B Coupe