Sponsored by:

Andres is selling his 356 B !

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts

Thanks Jo-anne... Shingles... Big time nerve induced pain ! Irritating and painful as hell ! Funny thing is they were gonna remove my gallbladder instead, ha !! Doctors !!!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts

SHINGLES!!!!! OUCH!!!! What is going on? You have shingles, my cousin had shingles in June and a neighbor just got over her case of the shingles. WOW!!! That's no fun.......

I hope you didn't laugh until you hurt while checking out your ressurected Toe thread because it wasn't my intention to bring you more pain, just a little laughter, that's all.

J
Old 08-10-2006, 01:17 AM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I think Jim's probably busy getting to know his new beauty, but this will confirm that everything arrived as expected (a little early, even) this evening:

I'm sure Jim will have much better pictures soon, but he seemed pretty eager to go driving. I can't blame him a bit.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:08 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Dave - thanks for being there and sharing the moment!

Ruby arrived tonight in good shape. Demoise Trucking and their drivers Tom and Gloria did a super job and I heartily recommend them. Ruby was kept company by two Caymans from Georgia. A few pics below.

Unfortunately, by the time I got in the car to fire her up, it was almost dark. A little trouble starting her but once I turned the fuel to Auf and then reserve, we got some fuel flowing, and I headed to the nearest gas station to fill up. Then the fun started. I think it took me almost 10 minutes to figure out how to open the front hood to get to the gas! Fortunately what looks like the original manual was in the glove box and I finally found what I was looking for.

Now the odyssey begins. Car looks nice, but clearly I will be going through a long process to spruce her up little by little. Not going for concours, but definitely want to start replacing items one step at a time to make her look newer as time goes on.

Thanks, Andres for being so super to deal with, and for everyone else here that pitched in - and especially Jo and Robert!
Attached Images   
Old 08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Jim! Great looking car--you will love it!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:33 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I stayed up all night long waiting for your call !!!!!!!

We are both so happy for you. Let the Resto's and Mods begin!!!!!

Jo

PS: Try to remember to always turn the pet **** from AUF to ZU whenever you park it on an incline or don't plan on driving it for more than a day. Matter of fact, Robert ALWAYS uses it. If you do it that way it becomes a good habit. You might forget to turn it back to AUF from ZU a couple of times in the beginning but after it sputters to a stop a couple of times you'll remember to check it every time.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:22 PM
alarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim
:
Again, thank you for the kind words and many, many congratulations on the new arrival.
I must admit it feels a bit weird to see the empty space in my garage and to see Ruby in California. This is the first of my old cars that I have ever sold (and it wasn't an easy thing for me to do...Greg can tell you...I have owned my '67 Karmann Ghia for about 12 years now). It is all so much easier knowing that it is in good hands and that I will be able to keep track of Ruby and any mods and updates by RL and other means.
I was surprised to see the pictures of the arrival so soon. I wasn't expecting the delivery for at least a couple more days. Great job Demoise
Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Let me rephrase the above... Andres has a problem.. He's the founder of "compulsive old car buyer anonymous"... Hi, my name is Andres and I buy old cars... It's not like a JoAnne and robert problem where they keep swapping nice cars for nicer cars.. Andres simply adds, never removes... If you look up pack rat in the dictionary, you will see his smiling mug ! He knows the meaning of buying cars all right, but conceptually just does not understand the idea of selling one - ever...

I am amazed he atually sold that one, but that was under direct threat of murder from his spouse, I am told ;-) And now he's trying to sneak a 60s 190SL under the radar - I'll say no more, if his wife does eventually kill him, I am first in line to buy the collection which will subsidize her defense lawyer fees ;-) Such a good friend !!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:33 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Now I see I have forgotten to thank Mrs. L, without whose effforts I would not be the new custodian! Thank you and big hugs, Mrs. L!!!

I always thought my 88 y/o Dad's picture was in the dictionary under pack rat! Unfortunately, he doesn't have a bunch of nice old cars, just a bunch of old junk.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:29 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

I have got it bad. This morning as I was driving toward the freeway, my brain said turn south and get to work and earn money for 356 improvements. My arms said turn north and go to North Hollywood Speedometer to see about instrument work. My arms won. Met Hartmut, the owner. Very nice shop, have a great feeling about them and will be taking my instruments in soon for restoration and cleanup. (Andres, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for your A.)
Old 08-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

>(Andres, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for your A.)

What's wrong with the A's instruments ?

(asks the touchy previous owner of said A ;-) No, really... what? So the odometer stopped working, big deal ;-)
Old 08-11-2006, 09:04 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Greg D.
>(Andres, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for your A.)

What's wrong with the A's instruments ?

(asks the touchy previous owner of said A ;-) No, really... what? So the odometer stopped working, big deal ;-)

I think Jim wants them all nice, clean, sparkley and working!!!!!! He's new to 356's. Give him time!!! HOWEVER, he may always be that way about his car. Robert's always doing something to Gunter. Now, does Gunter need something done to him? NO!!! It's perfectly fine they way it sits now, but Robert does it anyway!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:19 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Hi Jo - Greg was talking about the A, not my B - Andres asked me to tell him what I thought about North Hollywood Speedo (don't know what he has in mind). Yes, I want them all nice and sparkly and working! Also I just hung up the phone with Joe Leoni and ordered his relays. My Optima battery arrived today and goes in this weekend. I tellin ya - I got it bad right now!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:35 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Duh...... Me read too fast sum times and miss da message.................... I be in R Can Caw too
long me thinks.

WE TRIED TO WARN YA!!!!

J
Old 08-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Thanks, Andres for being so super to deal with, and for everyone else here that pitched in - and especially Jo and Robert!
Beautiful car & happy for you....makes me want one even more & realize that now is the time to find one since my wife is currently saying yes. I'm looking for an open top car that is a solid drive - my intent would be to take a number of years to get it all "polished" up. If anyone knows of one out there...please let me know.

Thanks much,

Rick

Quick Reply: Andres is selling his 356 B !