Sponsored by:

Andres is selling his 356 B !

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts

It's perfectly allright... I don't need any credit anyway... I just posted a link to a friend's car and commented that it was decent for the money - my liability and my credit stops here ;-)
See, I felt responsible because I had sold Andres my 356A so I knew his wife was going to kill him if he did not sell the B shortly... We all helped save a fellow 356'er life !
Old 08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Greg - I will reiterate my personal thanks to you. Had it not been for your post, I never would have known about the car. I wasn't in the market at all (for years I peruse stuff now and then, because I have wanted a 356 for about 40 years, but I wasn't looking). Now that I am the new owner, I am besides myself with excitement!!! Andres just emailed me to say the trucker will pick Ruby up Saturday morning and the journey to L.A. will begin!

Andres, if you see this, again many thanks to you for being such a super guy to deal with, and don't forget to post pics of both cars before Ruby leaves!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:28 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Greg - I will reiterate my personal thanks to you. Had it not been for your post, I never would have known about the car. I wasn't in the market at all (for years I peruse stuff now and then, because I have wanted a 356 for about 40 years, but I wasn't looking). Now that I am the new owner, I am besides myself with excitement!!! Andres just emailed me to say the trucker will pick Ruby up Saturday morning and the journey to L.A. will begin!

Andres, if you see this, again many thanks to you for being such a super guy to deal with, and don't forget to post pics of both cars before Ruby leaves!

Tell the Truth Jim.

You've logged me as a Buddy on RL so you read all my posts on the 993, 356, OT, or where ever, and THAT my Friends is how he found this car. So I should be the one getting the thank you!!!!

Waiting patiently for my kiss..........

JoAnne
Old 08-04-2006, 01:18 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Jo - I have a zillion kisses stored up for you - come and get them any time! And thank you and Robert again for the hour on the phone and all the other help on making this dream come true.

BTW, Andres emailed today and DeMoise is picking up my car by noon on Saturday!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Jo - I have a zillion kisses stored up for you - come and get them any time! And thank you and Robert again for the hour on the phone and all the other help on making this dream come true.

BTW, Andres emailed today and DeMoise is picking up my car by noon on Saturday!
LOL !! I was just kidding, but since you've saved up a ZILLION KISSES for me, I don't mind being on your Buddies list

We don't mind talking to you at all. Your enthusiasm about becoming the next custodian of "Ruby" makes us happy.

If they pick up tomorrow then you should have it by next Saturday for sure??? Who knows, it may be even sooner depending on the other pick ups and deliveries. Best delivery time so far for us has been 4 days from Carlsbad, Ca to Hot Spings, AR. Worse time was 7 Days. Never really know for sure.........

I am so very excited for you. Now we need to find a car For Jonathan (Mr.Sullivan).

JoAnne
Old 08-04-2006, 03:12 PM
alarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ten year span...57,60 an 67

Ok, here is one of the pictures of the cars before "Ruby" departs. I will post a couple more on the Pictures thread and follow up tomorrow with pictures of "Ruby" being loaded into transporter.
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well Fellas..... is Ruby on her way or what????

JoAnne
Old 08-07-2006, 04:08 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Saturday morning -
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2006, 02:38 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sweet, Jim!

ETA for arrival?
Old 08-08-2006, 11:32 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I think Jim is too busy cleaning out his garage right about now and doesn't have time to answer questions here on RL.

I hear that he will be painting his garage Gulf blue and orange and redoing the floor. I think Ruby is going to become a spoiled little girl!!!!

JoAnne
Old 08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
I think Jim is too busy cleaning out his garage right about now and doesn't have time to answer questions here on RL.

I hear that he will be painting his garage Gulf blue and orange and redoing the floor. I think Ruby is going to become a spoiled little girl!!!!

JoAnne
Two weekends of cleaning out the garage, painting it Gulf Blue, and I am sore as hell! Painting ceilings is the worst - really hitting those unused muscles. I will finish the last 1/4 of the garage floor with vinyl tile, years after doing the 3/4, now that I am reclaiming the space from my wife's junk!

No ETA yet - drivers weren't sure if they were heading to the Bay Area or San Diego/SoCal first.

Yes, Ruby will be a spoiled little girl
Old 08-08-2006, 05:59 PM
alarti
Intermediate

OK, my pictures are a bit late, but they look interesting none the less.

Well, I stand corrected, picture. I have reached my quota for pictures. BTW, I sent an e-mail to become an official member (as I have always intended to be but failed to notice until recently) but I haven't heard a word. I couldn't do it online. If someone has an esay process or a phone number where I can activate my membership please share it with me.

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2006, 06:05 PM
alarti
Intermediate

Default Greg get well!!!

Our dear friend Greg, responsible for this thread, purveyor of this nice sale/purchase transaction, and overall nice guy and Porschephile is a bit under the weather at the moment (and in a lot of pain).

Let's all wish him a speedy recovery.

(Man, don't hate me for this message, I know you don't like this type of things but the great RL community wishing you well can't hurt...or at least not much more than you already are... )

Get well soon dear friend.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Hi Andres -

I think if you send a PM to Jenn (that's her user name - search her posts and then click on her name to send a PM) she will expedite your membership.

Best wishes to Greg - get better quick!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:39 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Greg....

I hope you feel better soon. No matter what my Doctor told me Pain is NOT your friend!!!! I wonder what he was smoking in medical school!

Try to smile and follow the toe....

Now hurry up and get better!!!!
JoAnne

Quick Reply: Andres is selling his 356 B !