Jim.....

So how's the weekend going?????

JoAnne
Old 08-14-2006, 05:08 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Jo - third weekend of intensive labor on the garage. Damn we have a lot of old junk! I'm sore as hell.

Also tried to install the new Optima battery but it wasn't working so temporarily put the old one back. Car started.

Quit about 6:00pm and decided to take Ruby for a jaunt to the market (hadn't driven her since Thursday). Starter would initially engage but wouldn't really turn over. ARGHH! There's a recent connector on the positive cable, and I surmise it was loosened when I tried the Optima, and I tightened it when I put the old battery back - but my best guess is there is a weak connection there. Have to fiddle with it later. Welcome to the joys of vintage auto ownership, huh!
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Fiddlin' GOOD......... Fiddlin' BAD..........
Sounds like a loose connection.

It is a joy owning an old car.
Fiddlin' with an old car keep your mind sharp, which in turn helps keep you young. How's that for "JoAnne Logic"?

Jo

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Jo - third weekend of intensive labor on the garage. Damn we have a lot of old junk! I'm sore as hell.

Also tried to install the new Optima battery but it wasn't working so temporarily put the old one back. Car started.

Quit about 6:00pm and decided to take Ruby for a jaunt to the market (hadn't driven her since Thursday). Starter would initially engage but wouldn't really turn over. ARGHH! There's a recent connector on the positive cable, and I surmise it was loosened when I tried the Optima, and I tightened it when I put the old battery back - but my best guess is there is a weak connection there. Have to fiddle with it later. Welcome to the joys of vintage auto ownership, huh!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:08 PM
alarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some other gauges that I want to have fixed, and perhaps the sticky odometer as well. But as you know having a shiny beautiful speedo/odo won't do it, now, will it? So I will probably end up sending them all to look peeeeerfect. But no, Mr. Touchy-previous-owner-of-said-A, the recommendation wasn't intended to be for said A's instruments.
have I said this before? YOU GUYS (R Can Saw girl included) ARE THE BEST!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Fiddlin' GOOD......... Fiddlin' BAD..........
Sounds like a loose connection.

It is a joy owning an old car.
Fiddlin' with an old car keep your mind sharp, which in turn helps keep you young. How's that for "JoAnne Logic"?

Jo
That's good logic! Actually pretty close to what I was thinking - disappointed I couldn't drive her but in a strange way looking forward to fiddlin'. I think my factory workshop manual will arrive today or tomorrow - that should help.

Got a Craftsman two tier rolling tool cabinet this weekend. I could never find a screwdriver when I needed it - so far I think I have found 43 to put in the box!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
That's good logic! Actually pretty close to what I was thinking - disappointed I couldn't drive her but in a strange way looking forward to fiddlin'. I think my factory workshop manual will arrive today or tomorrow - that should help.

Got a Craftsman two tier rolling tool cabinet this weekend. I could never find a screwdriver when I needed it - so far I think I have found 43 to put in the box!
I could send you 42 of the 43 hammers we have, so you can fill your new chest. Robert has the same problem. He can never find what he needs when he needs it AND he has a big rolling tool chest!!!! The local Sears tool deptment loves him.

Okay, I'm being a little hard on the guy. Let me rephrase the above: Robert can't find the tool he needs 75% of the time. 20% of the time he finds it and 5% of the time I find it because I've left it in my closet, or in the kitchen, or on the dock, or the deck.........

Jo

BTW: we need pictures.................

Quick Reply: Andres is selling his 356 B !