Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1998 993 Carrera C2S - Fresh Engine and Motorsports Close Ratio Gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 12:32 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 1998 993 Carrera C2S - Fresh Engine and Motorsports Close Ratio Gearbox

Year: 1998
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 112000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Arena Red
VIN: WP0AA2992WS320190
Price (no $ sign please): $69000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

I have up for sale my 1998 993 C2S Sunroof Coupe which I have owned for over 6 years.. The model is the last year for air cooled cars for Porsche. As such, the model continues to appreciate in value. Color is rare Arena Red with a Cashmere full leather interior. The car is tastefully modified and is extensively renewed and sorted. Absolutely no corrosion. Absolutely zero oil leaks. No accidents. Not quite concurs; but, very close. No track time.

The story: At 107k miles the car would not pass Illinois smog testing because of plugged SAI ports, which is common in the 993. What started as a top end rebuild including cleaning out the SAI circuit escalated to a total rebuild when we discovered some minor damage to one of the camshafts. With cam replacement required, I elected to install a set of Web Cam RS hydraulic cams. which are good for a 10-15 hp increase. The head rebuild installed RS inlet valves to work with the new cams. Rods were rebushed, resized, and fitted with ARP rod bolts. And the ECU was reflashed to make everything work well. Injectors were rebuilt. A new set of hydraulic lifters were installed. A new engine electrical harness was installed. New OEM engine mounts were installed. The distributor was rebuilt. Ignition system was renewed including distributor rotors and caps, spark plugs, and OEM spark plug wires.

While the powertrain was out of the car, I decided to pursue regearing the G50/20 transmission; but, was able to procure a fully refurbished Motorsports G50/32 close ratio gearbox with LSD for about the same cost as regearing the stock transmission.

All machine work was done by Steve Weiner of Rennsport Systems. The transmission was provided and refurbished by Joel Reisner.

The engine was fitted with a new flywheel and clutch. All (6) engine control sensors were replaced with new. I installed Fister Stage 2 mufflers. People who have driven the car say that it pulls like a 3.8 instead of a 3.6. The new gearbox is absolutely wonderful and butter smooth.

Approximately 5k miles have been put on the engine and transmission rebuilds, including a 2000 mile trip to Texas several months ago and a trip to the PCA Parade held in Maine last June.

Suspension wise, I have Bilstein PSS09 adjustable coil over shocks and Tarret adjustable sway bars installed. A strut brace is installed in the front trunk. The car is slightly lowered to Euro specs and has been corner balanced and aligned. New Kinesis three piece wheels, tires, and brake rotors and pads. The suspension mods have not produced any deterioration in ride quality. The setup rides like a stock 993; however, it corners better than stock.

The car is close to being flawless. All body panels are original as is most of the paint. I did, though, have both the front and rear bumper covers and hood resprayed to correct stone damage. These panels were removed from the car for painting. At the same time, I did the popular front bumperette delete with the installation of Euro brake ducts and Euro parking lights. The headlights are HID. These modest mods clean up the front of the car nicely.

The interior is very close to the same condition as the exterior. Full leather seats have no rips or tears.

I have an Alpine AM/FM/Sirus radio installed; but, also have the OEM Becker radio/CD that can go with the car. A preamp is mounted under the passenger seat.

Every accessory on the car works as designed.

Documentation is extensive for the car. The engine rebuild is completely documented with receipts for every new part and contracted work.

I have a Colgan front end bra and an OEM Porsche car cover that will go with the car.

A recent PPI done on the car was clean.

In summary, if you are looking for a 993 that is close to concurs, is fully sorted, and has been extensively refurbished I would encourage you to review and test drive my car. The car presents very well. You won't be disappointed.
Attached Images           

Last edited by earossi; 01-21-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:38 AM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice car and fairly priced in this market. You might want to comment on the wheel type and post the option code sticker. GLWS.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:46 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Any video clips of the idle with those cams?
Old 01-07-2017, 11:16 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Default Video Clip

Don't have a video clip; but, that is a wonderful idea. I'll get one this weekend and post it to the forum. The car idles beautifully with a slight lope. It'll idle steady as a rock for as long as you would wish.

Last edited by earossi; 01-09-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:27 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the input. The wheels are 17" three piece Kinesis Super Cups. I also have a set of the rare 18" Anniversary MY02's that can go with the car. The Anniversay wheels were available only for the 2004 model. Instead of being painted, they were given a satin polish and then clear coated. Both sets of wheels are perfect with no curb rash. The MY02's require a 25 mm spacer on the rears for a wide body car. I'll include the spacers.

I'll post a picture of the options sticker later.

Last edited by earossi; 01-10-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:58 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

earossi, ive always followed and admired your car and all the work you've done to make your car awesome. It is clear how tremendously meticulous and passionate you are about it.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:27 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Ernie- has it been 6 years already? Love what you've done to the car. Stand-up guy; buy with confidence.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:49 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Thanks P-daddy for the kind words. I'm in no hurry to sell my car; but, if I do I'll be on the hunt for a 996 or 997 Turbo. In the meantime, I'll continue with my love of the 993.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:58 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Thanks EMB Pilot. I love wrenching on my cars almost as much as driving them. My 993 is my 9th Porsche in the 40 years I've been involved with the marque. And, hopefully, it will not be my last. it will be difficult to find another model that is better than the 993. But, the fun is always in the hunt!
Old 01-08-2017, 05:50 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

I've attached a video file providing the sound of the Web Cams in the car. The idle is stable with a slight lope.
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2017, 06:08 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I see an image, not a video. Very nice car BTW, GLWS
Old 01-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Hello all! Ernie's son here, I'm helping a little with the technical presentation. We're working on getting the video posted as unlisted on Youtube in order to give you a chance to hear it perform. Should be up later today!
Old 01-09-2017, 04:40 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

I've attached a photo of the options sticker. Still working on a video that provides audio of the car idling. Currently technologically challenged.
Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default Re: 993

Hi All!

As promised, between the two of us we managed to get an unlisted Youtube video up of the car idling.

I hope that helps!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

... and just in case (it's not showing up nicely formatted in my browser window, apologies if this is SPAM)

Quick Reply: 1998 993 Carrera C2S - Fresh Engine and Motorsports Close Ratio Gearbox