Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:56 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Great news!! My limited experience with the new ownership led me to expect nothing less - they are definitely customer-oriented and do care.
Congrats to the OP, and best wishes for a long, enjoyable relationship with his first Porsche. And I am of the belief that Porsche of Austin finally did the right thing and should be acknowledged for that. My wife and I will be moving to the Austin area later this year and I'm encouraged that the new ownership is stepping up. I've been spoiled by Brumos (now Fields) here in JAX so I look forward to good experience with them when we make the move.

Again, good wishes (and thanks for your service) to the OP and his wife for lots of enjoyment from our first Porsche.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:19 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Redhot2474
Born at night, but not last night - there are Soooo many things that point to dirty RAT, they are not sorry - they are sorry they got outed -
Absolutely. I'm glad the OP is being made whole but in the end the whole situation should have never happened in the first place.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:40 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

That's great news! I have to commend the dealer for not trying to save themselves a few bucks by attempting to negotiate a split like I was almost certain they would... but for sure the bumpy road to that resolution shouldn't have been necessary.
At least now you can look forward to a lot of good miles without worrying about a clutch again for quite a while.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:10 AM
jdgamble
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rickdogg82
You are not even a customer. How can you give a review? The exact reason why online reviews can't be trusted.

Glad it all worked out and OP will get compensated
I clicked on the "write review" link. It was super easy!

I said I wasn't a customer. I told the story of fellow Rennlisters. Totally transparent.

Review deleted.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I learned the hard way on my very first car not to trust any dealer and I have carried that knowledge with every used car purchase. Back then there was nothing but word of mouth or prior knowledge to keep you out of trouble. It really is nice to see that there are now ways to communicate a bad transaction that can affect the future business of the dealership. Clearly in this instance the dealer realized they could lose much more than $8500 if they didn't rectify the situation.

Glad things worked out, enjoy in good health!
Old 03-24-2017, 02:17 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Thanks all. In the end they chose to do the right thing. I'm a forgive type of person. At least they are trying to do right, regardless of how they chose to get there. Thanks to those who supported by posting and then again by deleting. Again, I'm very moved by the support here!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:50 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow. Sorry to hear about your introduction to the Porsche world through your car experience, but at least your Rennlist experience was positive.

BEAUTIFUL car you have there! And you have my favorite wheels! Congrats on the car, and I'm glad things are working out for you.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:22 AM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I once bought a CPO BMW that I later learned had a major hit and a ton of body work- even structural stuff. This was not on the carfax nor disclosed, I only learned of it when a savvier than me buyer of the car found it while inspecting it. I sold the car at a steep discount and full disclosure.

I don't trust any car dealer

BTW it was Weatherford BMW in CA

Glad this all worked out for the OP
Old 03-28-2017, 12:48 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Backmarker
I once bought a CPO BMW that I later learned had a major hit and a ton of body work- even structural stuff. This was not on the carfax nor disclosed, I only learned of it when a savvier than me buyer of the car found it while inspecting it. I sold the car at a steep discount and full disclosure.

I don't trust any car dealer

BTW it was Weatherford BMW in CA

Glad this all worked out for the OP
Yep, Carfax does not always show everything so always get an inspection. I, however, do get being lulled into a false sense of security with a CPO designation.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:07 PM
FlaHeel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beauty of a car. Sorry for the bad experience, all Porsche dealers are not like that!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Yep, Carfax does not always show everything so always get an inspection. I, however, do get being lulled into a false sense of security with a CPO designation.
Yup! Track cars especially! I had a very rare Boss 302 Laguna Seca sustain damage on the track which cost me about 10k out of pocket. I had it fixed and then immediately sold it direct to a Ford dealer for top dollar. Saw their ad later - Clean Carfax!
Old 03-30-2017, 12:39 PM
JasonHernandez
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m the Director of eCommerce for the dealer group that Porsche Austin belongs to and I would like to apologize on behalf of Porsche Austin for our mistakes. I hope this situation hasn’t tainted your perception of the Porsche brand. This is an amazing community of people that we are incredibly lucky to be a part of.

I’m glad to hear that the team sorted this out for you. I apologize for how long this took to be resolved, it’s simply unacceptable. I brought this situation to everyone’s attention back in January and should have followed up with our management team to make sure the issue was resolved.

There were obviously mistakes made on our end with nobody specific at fault because each of us should have done more. I know some readers feel like we are back peddling or lying about some of the events that contributed to our mistakes (ie. parting ways with the pre-owned manager, new baby being born, surgery, etc.) but I can attest that those circumstances took place. Again, I would like to emphasize that there is no justifiable excuse for the mistakes made on our end.

We’ve owned the dealership since December 2015 and have worked extremely hard at providing great experiences for our clients ever since. Our focus has been on doing the right things and providing exceptional service to build our reputation to separate ourselves from the previous owners.

We're still reviewing the entire series of events to understand exactly where we went wrong, but so far it appears that each team member relied on the other to take point on it. We aren’t the type of company that ignores or tries to forget mistakes; we focus on them, tear them apart, learn from them and make plans to prevent them from happening again. None of what happened with the OP was intentional nor is it how we want to do business. Austin hasn't had a Porsche dealership up to the standards of the brand, but we have every intention of providing that place for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope we can restore your faith in the our dealership.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:59 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that's a good response.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:34 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Nicely said Jason... and welcome to Rennlist. I've often wondered why dealers don't have more of a presence here.

Personally I've been very pleased and well-treated by your dealership for quite a few years, and that has included not only sales but parts and service. The parts team was especially helpful once when I was doing a non-standard mod on a previous car and helped with advice to get me everything I needed for the right outcome. I have seen great improvements since the new ownership took over. Your special events and treatment of the PCA have been outstanding! The all-morning tech session there was great! And in all honesty, your first big test-drive event at COTA caused me to move to a 991 after I saw how well they pulled, braked, handled, and sounded... they weren't the lumbering GT beasts I expected based on some of the forum chatter after all.

So all that said, I was quite surprised how this problem could have come so far. I'm sure most of us will appreciate your explanation and apology and I just wanted to let you know that I'm sure many of us that have dealt with you personally can attest that all in all this dealership mostly does the right things to get our business. For me, it's good to hear they are stepping up to learn from this particularly glaring mistake.

Last edited by StormRune; 03-30-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Excellent

Originally Posted by StormRune
Nicely said Jason... and welcome to Rennlist. I've often wondered why dealers don't have more of a presence here.

Personally I've been very pleased and well-treated by your dealership for quite a few years, and that has included not only sales but parts and service. The parts team was especially helpful once when I was doing a non-standard mod on a previous car and helped with advice to get me everything I needed for the right outcome. I have seen great improvements since the new ownership took over. Your special events and treatment of the PCA have been outstanding! The all-morning tech session there was great! And in all honesty, your first big test-drive event at COTA caused me to move to a 991 after I saw how well they pulled, braked, handled, and sounded... they weren't the lumbering GT beasts I expected based on some of the forum chatter after all.

So all that said, I was quite surprised how this problem could have come to be. I'm sure most of us will appreciate your explanation and apology and I just wanted to let you know that I'm sure many of us that have dealt with you personally can attest that all in all this dealership mostly does the right things to get our business. For me, it's good to hear they are stepping up to learn from this particularly glaring mistake.
Jason, glad you came to the board - thank you for the dialogue, thanks for being honest - as well as rectifying the situation

Quick Reply: Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!