Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Tramont Cup heads up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

Tramont has their own reccomendations for WB, and NB offsets. For a WB 993 they built 8.5" et41...yes 41 fronts, and 11" et 38 rears.

A 38 rear is perfect IMHO, just like a 7mm spacer with oem 45 et. The front is another story...Nurburger is running 8.5" et 46 fronts with his Speedlines, Nam is running 8.5" et40 with his. I have yet to decide, but am leaning toward 45-46 Currently I'm running a 5mm spacer on my 8"et50, and that extra 1/2" of width will be some in & out.

Regarding NB 993 wheelsets, I do not know what they typically build, but the fronts are the same WB-NB, only the rear is different. Stock rear is 10" wide, et65...correct?

Regarding the 10/11 deadline, I intended that to be the "you've contacted Tramont, got your quote, and invoice...and are ready to pay" deadline. Rudy and I want these wheels into the production cycle ASAP.

Regarding shipping, if you have a business address that these wheels can be shipped to, that "might" make it cheaper. That means shipping from Tramont, to your business address. We're still getting estimate's for other business address deliveries, besides Rudy's in Texas.

Don't know about the ocean transport...anybody that ships via air, while more expensive...is delivered in 3 days. Not sure I'd want to wait weeks to get the wheels to save a few bucks. Afterall, I honestly would be surprised if we got more than 7-10 buyers...besides, you'd have to sort and ship to actual owners again, so more shipping money.

So, pm me your contact info, business shipping address, etc if you want in
Old 10-03-2013, 07:27 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Tramont has their own reccomendations for WB, and NB offsets. For a WB 993 they built 8.5" et41...yes 41 fronts, and 11" et 38 rears.

Regarding NB 993 wheelsets, I do not know what they typically build, but the fronts are the same WB-NB, only the rear is different. Stock rear is 10" wide, et65...correct?
Stock NB offsets are ET50 and ET65. So Tramont will build ET41 fronts for both NB and WB? Are they building only 8.5"/11" or will they build 8"/10.5" or 8.5"/10.5"?

Or do you just tell them "NB" and then Voila!, you're done?

Being a relative 993 newbie, if I can't understand it, then I won't order them, because I don't want to make a $3,500+ mistake. Better safe than sorry.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was one of the guys that contacted them and the price was right on the wheels but then the shipping was nuts.

From what I hear tramount are nice wheels.

Is there a list of members? How many guys are in as of now?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Don't know about the ocean transport...anybody that ships via air, while more expensive...is delivered in 3 days. Not sure I'd want to wait weeks to get the wheels to save a few bucks. Afterall, I honestly would be surprised if we got more than 7-10 buyers...besides, you'd have to sort and ship to actual owners again, so more shipping money.
A 20' container should only cost $1500 around from Europe to Houston. $500 trucking to Rudy's business from port with two hours free unloading.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Ok - Firstly - Rennlist - what a place - You are a bunch of good people - Thanks.

I want a set of 13s and 10s..... Not sure of offset - but will need some pics of the inner side (to clear my BBK) for both.

I have ben trying to save for a set by Jim - But at the moment cant justify the expense (already have 2 sets) and now that I cant drive for a while due to health issues..... I am guessing mine would have to wait anyway?

Thanks again to Opo and Mag for looking into this,

Simon.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lopro
I was one of the guys that contacted them and the price was right on the wheels but then the shipping was nuts.

From what I hear tramount are nice wheels.

Is there a list of members? How many guys are in as of now?

besides Rudy, and myself...no other committed members, beyond comments in this thread. You have expressed interest, so has Ash, AW21, Chris D, and now Full Boost.

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Ok - Firstly - Rennlist - what a place - You are a bunch of good people - Thanks.

I want a set of 13s and 10s..... Not sure of offset - but will need some pics of the inner side (to clear my BBK) for both.

I have ben trying to save for a set by Jim - But at the moment cant justify the expense (already have 2 sets) and now that I cant drive for a while due to health issues..... I am guessing mine would have to wait anyway?

Thanks again to Opo and Mag for looking into this,

Simon.
for those truely interested, as mentioned in the initial post...Tramont will build any width, any offset in an 18" wheel you want. Regarding brake clearence Simon, best to direct that question to Tramont.

Here is how I hope the "committed" members proceed;
1-Immediately contact Tramont for a price quote, suggested build et, etc if needed-only wheel width effects price, not et change. Remember, they are 6 hours ahead of EST. You email them tonite...you might get a response by mid morning, but maybe not till Monday. When I first contacted them, it took three business days until I got a response.
2-pm me, or better yet-choose to email me for contact. I really would feel better having personal or work email, and phone numbers for those in this.

I really want this to come together, and get the wheels coming. Maybe this can serve as a blueprint for others to get Tramont wheels in the future, but I want mine now damn it.

Lets get busy with those Tramont email's, and pm's folks.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 PM
JGB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick FYI on the wide body offsets.
I'm running Techarts 8.5 and 11. The fronts are et41 and the rears are et34.5. The fronts are perfect and the rears are good with 285/30 but might be a bit far out for anything bigger. Ride height is ROW -10mm

If I hadn't picked up the Techarts a couple of years ago I'd be all over this.

Jim
Old 10-03-2013, 11:00 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys I debated all day with myself about entering the post. Please if you have a set of Tramont wheels on your car identify yourself and tell us how they fit, whether or not you custom sized the wheels, any issues with the wheels? I have had much of this discussion directly with magdaddy. The centers are a very close in appearance to Speedline 993 RS cast aluminum centers. They are not assembled in the same fashion as Speedline wheels as they do not have the aluminum crush ring and rubber O seal. I had a set come through for restoration that I bought thinking they were Speedlines. The inner and outer rims are not interchangeable with Speedlines, in fact the actual opening is significantly smaller. The actual hoops used are thinner than Speedlines and that goes for the inner as well as the outer rims, so they will not hold up as well. Again this is based on me actually touching a set. I basically bought 4 centers and then had to replace everything else to make a set of GT2 wheels, so even this set was quite expensive. The actual opening of the inner rims is smaller than Speedline and RH wheels so I would be concerned about possibly TT calipers not fitting under the wheel -- please verify guys.

As I remember the actual center is heavier than a Speedline 993 RS center is.

A very good option is a set of Speedline Daytona wheels that were sold through Techart. I have several sets available for custom builds, but you have to be able to accept the look of the Daytona center.

jim jdorociak@gmail.com
Attached Images     
Old 10-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

thank you for your comments Jim...bump to keep current.

Up to 4 wheelsets now...who's next to send their contact info? It'll be next Friday befoire ya know it, get those email's to Tramont for quotes...
Old 10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 270 Posts

Have you decided on the front et, Joe? Go with 45, as et41 may give a little extra "poke" that you may not like. What et on the 11" rears?
Old 10-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Have you decided on the front et, Joe? Go with 45, as et41 may give a little extra "poke" that you may not like. What et on the 11" rears?
still undecided on the front's...just had a long conversation with another rennlister in on the deal also. Really need to ask a specific question to Tramont, and get a specific answer back. Definately think I should err on the side of caution...best they fit, than not.

rear suggested et is 38...that's just 7mm from oem 45. I'm currently running a 5mm spacer all round, and I certainly have the space for another 2mm of "poke" back there-at the fenders I mean.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:16 AM
alps
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi all. FYI, I am running a set of Tramont Cups on my RS. Fronts are 8.5x18 ET52, rears are 10x18 ET59. The car has a standard street setup with 225/265 PS Cups. The car had 285 rears when I got it. I haven't had any problems with rubbing or with the wheels in the 8 years I have had them.

One small issue is that the center opening is smaller than with OE Speedlines. I have a set of RS center caps which are too big for the Tramont opening. From what I have seen elsewhere, the wheels have less problems with corrosion than Speedlines and have held up well in appearance.

Last edited by alps; 03-19-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Joe,
There must be some kind of kismet. I sent a message to Tramont on Sept 25th. Here is the reply on Oct 1st. I was inquiring on stock WB OEM setup.

"We thank you very much for your demand. We can produce the sizes and ET that you desire.

Please find below the prices of our CUP wheels in the dimensions you need :

8 x 18 ET 52 : 474,40 € unit price
10 x 18 ET 40 : 530,40 € unit price
Transport costs : 550,00 € (wheels delivered to the Philadelphia airport )

TOTAL AMOUNT : 2 559,60 €+ customs duties for you to pay when picking up the wheels.

These prices are without French VAT.

We remain at your disposal for any further information you may require.

Best Regards

TRAMONT

Le 30/09/2013 07:12, TRAMONT a écrit :"
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 AM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I am in the same boat. I dont know what wheel i need for my nb 993. Just help me and i am in!

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Stock NB offsets are ET50 and ET65. So Tramont will build ET41 fronts for both NB and WB? Are they building only 8.5"/11" or will they build 8"/10.5" or 8.5"/10.5"?

Or do you just tell them "NB" and then Voila!, you're done?

Being a relative 993 newbie, if I can't understand it, then I won't order them, because I don't want to make a $3,500+ mistake. Better safe than sorry.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 AM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Pm sent magdaddy!

Quick Reply: Tramont Cup heads up...