993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Looking for a PDF of the Jaguar Bass Manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:23 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Looking for a PDF of the Jaguar Bass Manual

For those brethren that play guitar - I just purchased a killer Jaguar Bass, "Hot Rod Red", it's simply gorgeous, however, besides looking immaculate it didn't come with a manual. I went to the Fender site but for some unknown reason I can't get the manual to open with Adobe - anyone out there have a pdf or jpeg of the manual.

FWIW: I am a newbee at bass guitar. So any hints would be appreciated!! Another long and winding slippery slope!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 AM
samsnead
Pro

Don't want to seem ignorant but what do you need the manual for?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:06 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

I'm trying to figure out why it don't make any sound! I turned up all the ***** and switches and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Even replaced the battery for the active network and that doesn't make it sound any louder! Do I need to plug it into a amplifier or something?

Give me a break SS everyone wants an owners manual! That's all I'm looking for, dah!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:40 AM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA the Jaguar has the most confusing bunch of switches. We have one where I work. Great sounding bass, and nice feel to it. I like it much better than the Jazz but, as you have discovered, there are a bunch of ways you can make it have no sound come out.
Here is a diagram:
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2008, 01:14 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by David Ray
...Do I need to plug it into a amplifier or something?
You're kidding? Right?

I read that Pino Palladino was playing the Jaguar. Not a bad bass for the price. I downloaded the manual. I can e-mail it to you if you like.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Thanks Amfab and Matt for your responses. Another PM I received told me to download the electric guitar version as it its the same basic configurations. Just bought a Gibson Thunderbird today so I can play "The Cure". Anyone out there play the T-bird? Damn, now I'm collecting basses.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey, David,

You're not alone...I'm a Fender bass nut as well. Last time I counted I had 4 Precisions (including a vintage 1957 and a 1965), a Custom Shop Jazz and also an old Danelectro.

Now the fun begins as you'll probably start collecting amplifiers too!...
Old 02-22-2008, 11:23 AM
matt777
Drifting

Get an Ampeg B15 if you like the old stuff. I bought a used Aguilar DB359 all tube amp which is absolutely awesome behind my Sadowsky (also bought used). The Sadowsky is like a modern Fender Jazz.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:48 PM
shamrock
Racer

Originally Posted by David Ray
FWIW: I am a newbee at bass guitar. So any hints would be appreciated!! Another long and winding slippery slope!

Welcome to my world!
11 guitars at last count , though no basses among them.

My wife wonders why I need so many , seeing as I've only one pair of hands , but then , she's only got one pair of feet
Old 02-23-2008, 09:16 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Welcome to the Rennlist Guitar club, I'm a bass nut as well.

Unfortunately I have also got into hot rodding my basses, so the current list is a bit obscure:

1. 2006 Modulus Quantum 4, translucent orange & black, bartolinis (as built and staying that way)
2. Fender Stu Hamm Urge II, standard (now for sale to pay for above)
3. Fender USA Jazz with Modulus neck & J-Retro pre-amp. Just bought a Fender neck to return this back to standard.
4. Modulus VJ body. Painting this Basalt Black and will have the Modulus J neck fitted soon.
5. Japanese Precision copy (first ever bass). Just fitted EMG pickups, sounds so good that I decided to build a Fender version, so will rebuild back to stock and sell on.
6. Fender Precision neck. Starting point for Fender Precision project, now looking for decent Fender body to fit the EMG's into.
7. Ovation Custom Elite 5 string acoustic. Total rarity this one, technically not an Ovation because it was made in their factory by one of their luthiers for himself. Bought it to take with me in the motorhome to relax after racing.

As you can see, it is truly a long, slippery slope and I have not even got into amps and cabs yet, I manage with a little Roland Cube combination. Be warned!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Glad I'm amongst great company! What is it with us guys and collecting things!

Go Rennlist Bass Club!!

Quick Reply: OT: Looking for a PDF of the Jaguar Bass Manual