Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 03:31 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 688 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by nimprojects
Might be Columbia Highway given it's ETA and the fact it's on it's way back from DVV… https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...a0f096a798815f
You may be right. This ship docks DE EME March 31st at noon local time and would be out the same day. Don't know what the ports are after that though. The Porsche Delivery advise says my car is expected Halifax April 7th (so 7 days to transit). It sits in port for 7 days (14th) then arrives 14 days later at the dealership (28th). I'm not sure about the port, but I wouldn't be surprised if the car shows up at the dealership earlier. Maybe it takes 14 days because Porsche has to combine my car on truck with other cars heading to western Canada but will be dropping cars in Toronto first?

Anyway, its only a month away. I don't want to plug up this thread with my excited ramblings.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:27 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't plugging up this list. . there are a number of us who are waiting with cars in Emden, on the water, or in ports in the US
Cheers
J
Old 03-24-2017, 07:09 PM
par401
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up my MT7 yesterday, so happy with my spec

Old 03-24-2017, 07:23 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by decahb
At last, IT arrived at the dealership, next week pickup, havings some trouble sleeping until then.....
Great color choice, and those Carrera S wheels in silver look awesome.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:57 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by par401
Picked up my MT7 yesterday, so happy with my spec

Very nice! Red looks fast.

Do I see a front license plate decal?
Old 03-25-2017, 01:33 AM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some good news. I got two calls from the dealer today.

In the first one, he informed me that the status still shows "in port Davisville, ready to ship".
In my raging disappointment (as I said earlier not getting the car negates my 40th birthday celebration), I sent an email to Porsche NA and explained how I feel betrayed by the brand and the dealer is the only one who cares. Porsche just selfishly readjusts the ETA's once the old ones are overdue. I demanded immediate resultion or else cancelling my order.

The second call I got was in the afternoon, my SA informing me that my car arrived. He says he has no idea what happened but suddenly a flatbed showed up with two customer cars. One of them is mine.

Go figure...

DELIVERY ON MONDAY!!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:10 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,251 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Got my wheels/tires. No car yet though. Just went v331 and the annoying wait now begins.

It's hard knowing your car is built and just sitting there. My last car (GT4) sat 2 weeks in port before it was shipped out, but the rest went by quickly and the car was in my hands within 4 weeks after it went v331.

Hoping for the same or better.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:12 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,251 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by gregv8

In the first one, he informed me that the status still shows "in port Davisville, ready to ship".
In my raging disappointment (as I said earlier not getting the car negates my 40th birthday celebration), I sent an email to Porsche NA and explained how I feel betrayed by the brand and the dealer is the only one who cares. Porsche just selfishly readjusts the ETA's once the old ones are overdue. I demanded immediate resultion or else cancelling my order.

The second call I got was in the afternoon, my SA informing me that my car arrived. He says he has no idea what happened but suddenly a flatbed showed up with two customer cars. One of them is mine.

Go figure...

DELIVERY ON MONDAY!!

There is sometimes a lag. My last car was still listed as being in the port of Jacksonville when it suddenly arrived at the dealer. Nice surprise. Congrats!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Default Great news Greg

I am in the same situation - car is in Jax 5 miles from the dealer.
It has been there a week. . may try the same on Monday am!
Good luck with the car and send pictures!!
J
Old 03-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,130 Likes on 675 Posts

Go figure...

DELIVERY ON MONDAY!!

Good news! Remind me - how long were you waiting for your car? See you are in LI, who is your dealer?
Old 03-25-2017, 11:20 AM
par401
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Very nice! Red looks fast.

Do I see a front license plate decal?

Yes, correct
Old 03-25-2017, 12:23 PM
nal13
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 43 Posts

Go figure...

DELIVERY ON MONDAY!!
Excellent!!!!

Look forward to some pics!
Old 03-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

A bit bummed. . called sales manager today. . C4S in Jaxport since last Saturday; not scheduled now to reach dealer until 3/31. Said back up in Panamera's are causing back up. . and getting priority on delivery
Old 03-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
A bit bummed. . called sales manager today. . C4S in Jaxport since last Saturday; not scheduled now to reach dealer until 3/31. Said back up in Panamera's are causing back up. . and getting priority on delivery
Are you part of the fuel bolt campaign they are fixing? Also, do you know if yours has made it through PDI yet?

My TTS is right their with you, arrived on same boat last week. I'm frustrated as well, the story keeps changing. They first told me it was on an earlier ship and arrived weeks before, then I found out it wasn't and arrived last week, then possible airbag recall/campaign (my VIN ended up not being part of this), then claimed fuel bolt recall/campaign (again found out my VIN is not part of this) and no clue when it will arrive. Was due today.... every other step was weeks and weeks ahead of schedule. Ug... first world problems...but....
Old 03-25-2017, 08:12 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

First 911 for me! Didn't order it, as I'm a "lot" car guy. My dealer found me a great build that is pretty much 100% of what I would have ordered. It even had a few touches that I would not have thought of. Here are the basics:
991.2 C2
GT Silver
7MT
Prem Pkg
Glass Sunroof
Carrera S wheels in Platinum Satin
Lane Change Assist
Bose
Sport Tailpipes in black
Heated Steering Wheel
Ventilated Seats
Painted Porsche Logo

I should get it next week...he also helped me out of a tough trade. Base cars are rare,
Pics in about a week.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!