Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS: Entered Production Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 05:49 AM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you guys get all this info. My dealer just told me that they have a day when the car is supposed to leave the factory (which in my case is late November) and thats it.

I asked when it was going into production. They had no idea. I asked if it was possible to add PCCB to the order and they said it was locked and nothing could be done to change it. I doubt production would have already started for a late November completion...

Anyways PTS is confirmed and can't wait to see it. And no it's not black sorry but just can't phantom why you would have put black as PTS colour.. :-D
Old 10-19-2014, 06:09 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

So when will they open up the PTS window? For 2016 builds?
Old 10-19-2014, 07:41 AM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's no 2016 builds. There was a very very small opening for PTS now in Oct/Nov.. and I believe an even narrower one in Feb/March when a handful of cars could get PTS (hence the Riviera and Birch Green ones which were photographed around) which then got put on hold re engine replacement.

There won't be any other window for PTS for the GT3. The next one will be for the RS next year.. if they manage to launch in time for a PTS open window that is..
Old 10-19-2014, 08:25 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Not sure I get why you're saying what you did--maybe I'm just misunderstanding the question. But it is possible to get buckets in a MY2015 with PTS. I did just that. The only caveat is that PTS had to be already approved a while ago, so you would be correct in saying that this is now currently no longer possible to do, as PTS allocations are no longer forthcoming. But my PTS approval came (I was once a cat C MY2014) for my MY2015 build. Since my production date is in Dec, the option to spec lightweight sport buckets opened up and I also took it! (BTW, I'm in the North American market, subject to "US" build limitations even though I'm ordering in Canada. FWIW, ROW customers have been able to order their GT2-style sport buckets in 2015 cars with PTS too; although I don't believe that was the intent of the question.)
i'm sorry, you are right, I misunderstood... thought it was another - "can I get PTS now" question
Old 10-19-2014, 08:46 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by rosino
sorry but just can't phantom why you would have put black as PTS colour.. :-D
He had originally ordered Basalt Black for his 14 and it wasn't offered in 15.....
Old 10-19-2014, 12:50 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
i'm sorry, you are right, I misunderstood... thought it was another - "can I get PTS now" question
No need whatsoever to apologize! We just had different takes on the question.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by rosino
There's no 2016 builds. There was a very very small opening for PTS now in Oct/Nov.. and I believe an even narrower one in Feb/March when a handful of cars could get PTS (hence the Riviera and Birch Green ones which were photographed around) which then got put on hold re engine replacement.

There won't be any other window for PTS for the GT3. The next one will be for the RS next year.. if they manage to launch in time for a PTS open window that is..
So the next GT3 will be a 2017 and they will skip 2016 like they did 2009?
Old 10-19-2014, 10:21 PM
CrossThread
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best PTS for a 2015

I have to lock in my 2015 PTS by the 20th and cannot commit to a color.

Was going Mexico Blue with buckets, yellow belts, and PCCB, but the other Blues and Blacks look so nice!

Question, want to track a few times a year and have some re-sell value left.

What color would you lock in? and white and black are not colors.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CrossThread; 10-19-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:56 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossThread

Was going Mexico Blue with buckets, yellow belts, and PCCB, but the other Blues and Blacks look so nice!

Thanks in advance.
Voodoo Blue fan here.

Ryan
Old 10-19-2014, 10:59 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

mexico blue...

but skeptical about your PTS order... was it placed long ago?
Old 10-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

20th of Oct locking date for a MY2015 gt3 and you haven't yet committed to a PTS color? 'Porsche Exclusive' tells us they need three months advance order (locked in place) so that they can order paint and prepare for it. Supposedly there is no PTS allowed in December and production on the 991 gt3 is scheduled to stop by Dec 31st 2014 (according to others in this forum). If that is the case, you better get used to somebody at Porsche soon singing this Carole King tune to you!

'And it's too late baby, now it's too late
Though we really did try to make it
Something inside has died and I can't hide it
And I just can't fake it'

We will be watching this space for updates on you PTS. We are pulling for you...and we hope your dealer wasn't just pulling your chain!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-20-2014, 12:13 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Agree with the comments that this sounds very unusual to not have a locked in colour for PTS by this very late stage. But.... if it's still possible to pick a PTS colour, there are not very many orange (one seen by eilig?) or signal yellow (none?) or voodoo blue (none?) cars out there, and they are just amazing colours! There are a few mex/riv blues already and a few greens (including this one on autogespot that I'm not sure has been seen on RL yet http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-991-gt3-8/2014/10/04), but it seems like they're all in Europe so far??? If you want to do stealth, there is approval for slate grey / schiefergrau, noted historically for its special connection to McQueen https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...1-turbo-s.html. I'm not sure if you'd count that in with the non-colours like white/black, though.

So many colours to choose from!
Old 10-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
There are a few mex/riv blues already and a few greens (including this one on autogespot that I'm not sure has been seen on RL yet http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-991-gt3-8/2014/10/04), but it seems like they're all in Europe so far???
This one from Germany visiting Italy with the H*FY 30 plates is new to my eyes. We have seen other 991 gt3's in either 'RS Green', 'Viper Green' or 'Signal Green' (need confirmation for each car) in Europe in recent months. Most were registered in Germany. One was from Austria.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 10-20-2014, 01:01 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
If that is the case, you better get used to somebody at Porsche soon singing this Carole King tune to you!

'And it's too late baby, now it's too late
Though we really did try to make it
Something inside has died and I can't hide it
And I just can't fake it'

We will be watching this space for updates on you PTS. We are pulling for you...and we hope your dealer wasn't just pulling your chain!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Hilarious. And great song.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:13 AM
CrossThread
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK - So you are saying I am writing a check for a 20K deposit on Tuesday for a car that cannot be delivered? Do I call B.S. on the dealer and pass on it?

Oh and the color choices did not help much, that green also looks crazy good.

Quick Reply: PTS: Entered Production Yesterday