Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Anyone see the anthracite brushed aluminum interior trim? Thoughts?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:21 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Today Porsche installed my missing phone bluetooth and also the wheel mesh. All looks good and work as advertised except, I lost the comfort entry option in my PCM. Many of you recall me posting a video showing that my car had a comfort entry option allowing my 18 way seats to back up when you open the door, then return back to original position after you buckle in and close the door. Well this option is gone! As soon as the bluetooth option was enabled in the pcm, the comfort entry option vanished. So it appears you can't have both. You can elect to be comfortable but no phones allowed, or have a phone but be uncomfortable. Service tried to activate that comfort option with their tool but with no luck. It appears the addition of the bluetooth eliminates this option entirely. Mark
Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mark. How bizzare. Im sure its something a software patch will be issues for. Cant see why those two systems should conflict on infact relate in any way!

Did they give you a refund for the 18 way memory seats as per the GT3 action group board? If so maybe they took away your comfort entry privileges...
Old 08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
Anyone see the anthracite brushed aluminum interior trim? Thoughts?
I have anthracite on my car that I just picked up sat. It matches the standard wheels Very closely. I'll get some pics up soon. Allan
Old 08-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Bizarre, indeed. Well Mark, you've now joined the rest of us uncomforted 18 way seat owners!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:05 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny how people line up to buy a "race" car and complain how their 18 way "comfort" seats are not cushy enough. maybe time to trade in for a Mercedes, there's plenty of us happy to get a car from those who dont like their cars
Old 08-19-2014, 11:08 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rwcsn1
funny how people line up to buy a "race" car and complain how their 18 way "comfort" seats are not cushy enough. maybe time to trade in for a Mercedes, there's plenty of us happy to get a car from those who dont like their cars
Since when is the GT3 a "race car"?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:35 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,786 Likes on 4,775 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Since when is the GT3 a "race car"?
Hmm, perhaps since 1999.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by rwcsn1
Relax, it was a joke....
Old 08-20-2014, 12:05 AM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry mike wasn't referring to your post. i was also just joking re: the poster who asked about having both bluetooth and automatically sliding comfort chairs.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:19 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

No apology necessary. I probably over-reacted....
Old 08-20-2014, 01:56 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Mark. How bizzare. Im sure its something a software patch will be issues for. Cant see why those two systems should conflict on infact relate in any way!

Did they give you a refund for the 18 way memory seats as per the GT3 action group board? If so maybe they took away your comfort entry privileges...
Hi Macca. Indeed very bizarre. Actually the plot thickens... Upon returning home I could not remember where I put down my GT3 key, so I grabbed my 2nd set and to my surprise the seats went back when I opened the door and back into position when I buckled in and started the car. This was really freaky. So I immediately went back to the PCM looking to see if the comfort entry option reappeared but it was not there. So nothing changed since they returned the car back and the option is still not available to be selected or even visible in the PCM while using my second set, but the seats act now as if the option was already selected. Does it get more bizarre than this???

My theory is that the programming is saved on each key including the comfort entry selection which I did select early on for this 2nd key and many other PCM preferences and since the second key has not been altered and its programming is preserved, it is activating this option while communicating with the PCM although the option is not visible on the PCM screen. Which means the memory functions are all there and all is missing are the door buttons, and as you indicated it is possible for Porsche to activate this feature through future software in the PCM and also allow us to save several seat sittings using the PCM screen rather than the door buttons

So I take my comments back and revise my earlier statement.... It is still possible to have a bluetooth phone connection and yet be comfortable even in a race car! No need to trade it in for the Mercedes after all!

Finally yes I was promised a refund check while speaking with Andrew Pine for the 18 way seat option which I believe is $2600, but we shall see if they indeed follow through with this promise. Will let you know if I receive it. Mark
Old 08-20-2014, 02:07 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^Really strange. Did you happen to find your first key since that to see what happens with it?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by <3mph
^Really strange. Did you happen to find your first key since that to see what happens with it?
Not yet. I am still looking. Chances are my 8 yr daughter placed it in her room full of toys. When I find it it, I want to double check if this key does the same thing and perhaps I missed that earlier, or is it only the second set that activates this comfort entry option. Really bizarre. Mark
Old 08-20-2014, 02:14 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Bizarre, indeed. Well Mark, you've now joined the rest of us uncomforted 18 way seat owners!
Not quite.... Read my other post. It appears I am still in the game but in stealth mode this time, providing I use the right key. Mark

Quick Reply: Options