Sponsored by:

Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:04 PM
milban
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all,
I have a GT3 on order for Nov eta. I just read on Nick's other thread, that he felt that the GT3 seats are lower. I believe that impresion may come from the fact that the 4 way seats are lower than 18 way (IMHO)(maybe due the bulk of the motors?).
So, for you folks with difficulty finding a comfortable position, this is another variable to consider.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by milban
Hello all,
I have a GT3 on order for Nov eta. I just read on Nick's other thread, that he felt that the GT3 seats are lower. I believe that impresion may come from the fact that the 4 way seats are lower than 18 way (IMHO)(maybe due the bulk of the motors?).
So, for you folks with difficulty finding a comfortable position, this is another variable to consider.
I'm not so sure that the 4 way seats are lower than the 18's. I think in the lowest setting they would both be at the same height.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Mike Thanks much for this info , my initial build had 619 option
now pushed to 15 , if you can utilize your same cell # with this option 666
that's pretty neat and not a bad value
The only question would be whether you can have the same cell # essentially on 2 different phones. I've never looked into that....
Old 08-17-2014, 08:21 PM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure you can have the same number on 2 phones unless your SIMs are the same. That's why I'm a bit confused about what the option really gives you.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by brass4321
I'm not sure you can have the same number on 2 phones unless your SIMs are the same. That's why I'm a bit confused about what the option really gives you.
I should clarify my previous post as it was confusing now that I re-read it. I don't think the Telephone module option comes with a SIM card, but there is a slot where one can be inserted and everything is wired in PCM so you have a fully functional built in cell phone once you supply the SIM. Best case, you could install a duplicate SIM to the one in your regular handset and use the same cell # (if that's possible). Or maybe take the one out of your phone and use it. Worst case, you'd have to get another SIM with a different number.

Personally I don't see a lot of utility to the option, but maybe it would be useful to some people.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:54 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I should clarify my previous post as it was confusing now that I re-read it. I don't think the Telephone module option comes with a SIM card, but there is a slot where one can be inserted and everything is wired in PCM so you have a fully functional built in cell phone once you supply the SIM. Best case, you could install a duplicate SIM to the one in your regular handset and use the same cell # (if that's possible). Or maybe take the one out of your phone and use it. Worst case, you'd have to get another SIM with a different number.

Personally I don't see a lot of utility to the option, but maybe it would be useful to some people.
I think that this option is primarily for European GSM phones
Old 08-17-2014, 11:38 PM
milban
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Haku
I'm not so sure that the 4 way seats are lower than the 18's. I think in the lowest setting they would both be at the same height.
More than an inch, by my measure, in the front, by your knees.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:42 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NMM991
I think that this option is primarily for European GSM phones
Correct. Once one travels to a different country within the EU, roaming changes can be an issue. A prepaid sim card (with a totally different number), is what a lot of Europeans use when they travel to neighboring countries, as I understand it.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

More than an inch, by my measure, in the front, by your knees.
Are you sure the front of the 18 way seat you measured was lowered all the way and the thigh bolster was retracted? The adjustments are different than with the 4 way seat.

The thing is, looking under my 18 way seat, even when fully lowered, there is still space between the seat and the floor. IOW, it's downward movement isn't restricted by the motors or anything else. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the two seats myself.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:26 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

PM sent. For anyone else who wants to check and compare their PCM version, mine is V4.63
Hi Mike
I got your PM. Thanks

My PCM version is the same as yours V4.63 and I also checked my paperwork and spoke to my service manager and there is on indication my system was ever reflashed or upgraded which makes this a true mystery. I am really puzzled why would my car has this options where others don't.

Let's pause this question to all GT3 owners who have 18 or 14 way seats, if they can check to see if they too have the comfort entry option available to them. Hopefully we can make sense out of this. Mark
Old 08-18-2014, 07:57 AM
milban
Rennlist Member

Are you sure the front of the 18 way seat you measured was lowered all the way and the thigh bolster was retracted? The adjustments are different than with the 4 way seat.

The thing is, looking under my 18 way seat, even when fully lowered, there is still space between the seat and the floor. IOW, it's downward movement isn't restricted by the motors or anything else. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the two seats myself.
Hi Mike,
That's what I did, at a dealer. BTW, your avatar is gorgeous. Makes me want to add the CCB's every time I look at it. I just can't risk the change, adding time to the build date.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Hi Mike I got your PM. Thanks My PCM version is the same as yours V4.63 and I also checked my paperwork and spoke to my service manager and there is on indication my system was ever reflashed or upgraded which makes this a true mystery. I am really puzzled why would my car has this options where others don't. Let's pause this question to all GT3 owners who have 18 or 14 way seats, if they can check to see if they too have the comfort entry option available to them. Hopefully we can make sense out of this. Mark
Mark, can you start a thread so we can track this?
Old 08-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Hi Mike,
That's what I did, at a dealer. BTW, your avatar is gorgeous. Makes me want to add the CCB's every time I look at it. I just can't risk the change, adding time to the build date.
Thanks, milban! Interesting about the seats....
Old 08-18-2014, 04:52 PM
sidicks
Advanced

Not much help for those of you in the US, but I can't recommend the bucket seats enough - I've now done over 2,500 miles in my GT3, including a road trip of 1,700 miles in 7 days and 300 miles in a day (without stopping) twice.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 AM
sk0t
Instructor

Some carriers do allow you to have the same number on two SIMs, although they are possibly rare. The Telephone Module definitely doesn't come with a SIM card from the factory.

What the Telephone Module also does, though, is connect to your mobile phone via Bluetooth using RSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile), which takes over the SIM, shuts down the radio on your phone, and uses the one in the PCM instead - along with its hidden antenna. It's great for country driving (there is lots of country in Australia!), hills bashes, and other areas with marginal reception and slightly reduces battery consumption too. You can also send and receive SMS messages using PCM. Make sure that your device supports RSAP before ordering the Telephone Module option if you intend using this feature though, because not all devices do. I have been finding RSAP to be a little bit finicky but I'm inclined to blame my phone (SGS3), as I think I need to replace the SIM/SD card holder in it because when not in my GT3 it will randomly report "no SIM" after working perfectly for hours.

Quick Reply: Options